It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Demonic' fires engulfing Village! - residents demand exorcism.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:11 AM
link   
For the last three weeks fridges, cookers, T.V sets, washing machines, mobile phones and items of furniture have been randomly exploding into flames in the village of Canneto di Caronia in Sicily, even when the entire villages power supply has been cut off. The village has been evacuated but the residents blame evil spirits and are demanding an exorcism.

AN ITALIAN village was evacuated yesterday as investigators attempted to explain an outbreak of spontaneous household appliance combustions, which have left locals fearing for their safety.

Fridges, cookers, televisions, washing machines, mobile telephones and furniture have burst into flame for no apparent reason at a dozen houses in the Sicilian village of Canneto di Caronia near Messina.

Authorities initially suspected the fires were caused by overhead cables on a nearby railway line, but the outbreaks continued even after the village�s electricity supply was cut off, leading some locals to blame supernatural forces.

Pedro Spinnato, the village mayor, has ordered the evacuation so further investigations can be carried out.

"This has been going on for three weeks now and there is no explanation for it. We cannot risk a tragedy through these fires, so I have no other option but to evacuate the village," said Mr Spinnato.

"We have had electrical engineers in to examine cables and wires but they can find no explanation. It is not just electrical items, furniture is also catching fire for no reason.

"Already people are blaming the events on evil spirits and I am being asked to get the local priest to perform an exorcism."

news.scotsman.com...

Pretty weird stuff.

'Evil spirits' just Superstition? So what is it? Electrical buildup of some kind, maybe even HAARP or.... what?

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by kegs]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:14 AM
link   
EMP, perhaps? Check a map to see how bad the seismic activity is in the region.

DE

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Maybe, I wouldn't know where to start with finding a map, but I'm sure someone will.

[Edited on 11-2-2004 by kegs]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   

"I've seen things like this before," Catholic exorcist Gabriele Amorth told Italian daily Il Messagero. "Demons occupy a house and appear in electrical goods...Let's not forget that Satan and his followers have immense powers."

"I've seen unplugged electrical cables burst into flames with my own eyes, but I just can't explain it," a local policeman who did not want to be named said Wednesday. "I've never seen anything like it."

www.reuters.com...

They've got a hundred engineers in and they still can't find what's causing it.

Any ideas?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
That's pretty weird. I wonder if this is the first time something like this has happened to an entire village.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   
" exorcism ", lets count this out first off.

Im not too educated on Haarp though, But I'll sway towards blaming it.

Deep

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Sicily has Mt. Etna the volcano...perhaps the activities are volcano related.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Another article about this here:

www.abc.net.au...

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well it could be a HAARP test!
It could be a satellite weapons test!

I'd guess that there is overlapping of densities there. 3rd overlapping with 4th possibly. Since the entire planet is moving into 4th density by 2012 (take that with a grain of salt, just something I've read), this could be the beginnings of the "weird stuff" :0

I'd watch the news for more such occurances though... cuz if it is what I suspect, this is only the beginning.

posted on Mar, 9 2004 @ 08:57 PM
link   
For a while I thought I could blame the Canneto di Caronia fires on household dust being suspended by electrostatics until it reached a combustible level.
(Electric charge was supposedly furnished by a friendly solar storm.)

Then I began picking on volcanic dust (because its flammable). But when water pipes started bursting out in flames I figured it was time to invoke flammable gases oozing out of the ground, most likely in front of molten magma sneaking over from Etna.

See the flailings at "Fires of Canneto di Caronia"
www.ebicom.net...

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Electric Detective]

[Edited on 10-3-2004 by Electric Detective]

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:01 AM
link   
It's back in the news again. Fires

From the linked article By Shasta Darlington - An endless flow of scientists, engineers, police and even a few self-styled "ghostbusters" have descended on the town searching for clues to the recent spontaneous combustion of everything from fuse boxes to microwave ovens to a car.

The hypotheses now range from a build-up of electrical energy caused by grounding wires running off the railway to a rare "natural phenomenon" in which surges of electricity rise from the earth's core.

I don't know what to say - this is just way too weird. I hope it's just something local and not a sign of something that could affect us all. Maybe this is a sign of a coming pole shift.

[Edited on 6-4-2004 by outsider]

new topics

top topics

join