It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

From Henry Deacon: More about Vitamin D3

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

No offense, but pumping your body with all this crap is unnecassary. Just eat lotsa fruit and veggies, and maybe a recommended dosage of a vitamin, but dang... all the crap your pumping your body with... what about long term effects? I just have this gut feeling that when you get older your going to ask yourself why you messed around with your body like that.

posted on Feb, 23 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MacSen191

No offense, but pumping your body with all this crap is unnecassary. Just eat lotsa fruit and veggies, and maybe a recommended dosage of a vitamin, but dang... all the crap your pumping your body with... what about long term effects? I just have this gut feeling that when you get older your going to ask yourself why you messed around with your body like that.

You just don't get it,do you?

you would need to eat TONS of fruit and veggies.

Your obsession with long term effects is a joke.

What about the long term effects of mcdonalds or vioxx or ritalin?

or binge drinking?

or watching too much pop idol?

posted on Feb, 24 2008 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I understand where you are coming from with the natural sources like fruits and veggies. Yes, if the soil were in better shape, we might have produce that would be more loaded with nutrients. I was recently reading, even with organic foods, they can be lacking in mineral content.

I still get in some fruits and veggies, and sprouts. I would like more sprouts, for their excellent nutrition and enzyme content.

Honestly, I used to support the fruit and veggy "source" idea, but, now I'm not sure if food sourcing all of your nutrients will get you all that you need?

I was just reading Robert Barefoots book, "The Disease Conspiracy," and I was suprised to find "hernia" in a list of ailments connected to vitamin D deficiency.

The improvement in hernia symptoms was something I noticed early on when I started with the extra Vitamin D. I had pains in various portions of my abdominal and groin area. At times I wondered if I was going to have to give up weight lifting. Intestines pushing outside of the muscular tissue, just does not seem healthy. They are greatly improved.

The change, since mega dosing, is dramatic. It's not like taking a simple multi, and not really noticing that much. The funny thing is that mega-dosing seems to be an incorrect label for this activity. A more appropriate term might be optimal-dosing.

I'm more visually aware of what is around me. Now, everything isn't quite as in focus as I would like, but things are better. I seem to be able to see things farther away. I hope to regain proper vision again. I have rebelled so hard against glasses, and I hate putting things into my eyes.

I find myself talking to people I don't know as of late, like in the grocery store. I just feel "good." My body doesn't feel like a pile of garbage anymore. Now, I am wiped out at the end of the day, but I expect that. I don't think I'm getting all the sleep I need.

My body seems to be more flexible. My energy is up, and I seem to be sleeping better.

I think that a calcium supplement is my next step. I just added more Vitamin A (contains fish liver oil) to the mix, along with an anti-oxidant formula, in which I take 3X the recommended dose. I 5X the vitamin A dosage.

I'm around people who are currently sick and congested. All I have gotten is some minor instances of mucus. I woke up with a slight sore throat that dissapeared after I ate. I have avoided the full blown sickness. I usually had not gotten sick very often anyway, but, I may have now added "icing to the cake."

And, none of these items was expensive.

It is becoming apparent that there could be a large cover-up regarding the effectiveness of supplementation.

Something is wrong, my friends, the situation on this planet. Just what in the heck is going on here? The big organizations that are supposed to "help" us are not helping us. It seems like we are being suppressed.

Hernias are many times supposed to "require" suregery, yet here I am, at a point where I think these things might be going away. To sum it up, there are conditions that are being labeled as "incurable."

Drug companies, the guys that are supposed to help, are relentlessly poisoning mankind, even our kids. Our kids!

And we get just enough vitamins and minerals in our supplements to keep you "sort of" healthy. But you will still will have to see the doctor for his medications.

Why are these big suppressive systems in power in the first place?

Oh, and our wonderful friend, President Bush, check these links out:

www.scoop.co.nz...

query.nytimes.com...

www.washingtonpost.com...

Is he really a puppet? Seems like he may have blood on his hands too.

Troy

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Well, I upped my calcium. The calcium supplement bumped up my D vitamin intake a bit too. 6,000 milligrams of calcium in the dose I take of this supplement alone. I take 5 times the suggested dosage on the bottle. I get an additional 4000 IU of D with this supplement.

This is calcium carbonate, nothing expensive. I wanted a lot of calcium, cheap.

My body felt quite strong as a whole at the gym today. I was flexible and energetic at the end of the workout.

I think I may be losing some body fat with the introduction of the extra calcium.

I have a small knot that looks to be shrinking on my nose since the mega dosing. I thought it was a pimple or something, but it stayed on my nose for months. I had another knot that I noticed that has shrunken. I honestly don't know how long that knot had been there, but it shrank as well. It puzzled me because I wondered if the mega dosing had caused it, but with soarness around that area pre-mega dose, the knot may have allready have been there? I don't notice that soarness in that area any more.

Hernia type symtoms come and go, but it is still better than before. I hope this will all vanish completely in time.

And, since it's not mentioned already, I am quite "regular." Something to note.

Folks, if this turns out to be a successful experiment for me, do not let things like this get suppressed. I bet some of those evil pricks that run Big Pharma would like nothing better than to have vitamins and minerals under their jurisdiction, so they could control how much you can have.

Our own country, the good 'ol USA, is just sickening sometimes, some of the folks who have clout, why is this? These folks should be in jail for poisoning the population. But, no, they are driving around in expensive cars and living a lavish lifestyle. Big Pharma's products keep getting taken off the market, but yet they can still do business and peddle their garbage to the masses. And they keep making more and more drugs.

I mean, this country would shut my business down for not paying taxes, but Big Pharma can poison massive amounts of people, and still be in business. And, not even spend a day in jail.

Troy

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Definitely a change in the hernia situation. I just have to say that. I remember having a hard time just sitting up here at my computer one time because of abdominal pain. This is stuff the doctors cut you open to repair. Simple supplementation seems to be taking care of it. No knife needed.

I swear music sometimes just pops out at me now. I am, I guess listening more, but the words seem so clear sometimes. It's like, "I don't remember hearing that in the song."

We seem to have some serious suppression of knowlege. I can't believe this happens in the USA. What does my American flag sticker on my Blazer mean? Filthy rich criminals (Big Pharma) operating with little resistance by our justice system. Their expensive commercials are on constantly.

Troy

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 06:47 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Please continue to post and also tell us if you have changed any of your other nutrition habits.

Also remember not to use teflon coated cookware.

Here is something for you to ponder.

articles.mercola.com...

[edit on 6-3-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I sure would like to get away from teflon.

Wouldn't stainless be pretty safe?

Troy

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I added some more zinc, B-comples vitamins, and Vitamin C to the mix. All quite cheap. C is the most recent.

I'm just now getting over a quick bout of sickness and congestion. I was confused to why I got it, with all the vitamins and stuff. The last time I was around folks with sickness, I wasn't really bothered that much. Oh well. I pulled in my good ol' friend garlic to kill off whatever it was. I wondered if the extra zinc had a "cleansing" effect, bringing on sickness? Anyway, the sickness was not accompanied with any real body aches other than around my head and airway passages. My body remained quite strong. I was a bit miserable, but quite mobile.

I'm doing better than my parents who, I guess, have the same thing.

Note again, more details, coming from my music. The last 2 days I was listening to one of my CDs. Hmm, don't remember those sounds.

I do need to need to start getting more sleep, and get rid of that as a negative factor.

Troy

posted on Mar, 29 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well, I do find it odd that I only see 400 IU bottles of vitamin D at Wal-mart. One scenario could the anticipation of more sunshine, thus only putting out lesser dosages of the Vitamin. Worse case, there is an active suppression of the larger doses of the supplement. I didn't see the 2000 IU doses in Vitamin world. It was only 1000 IU or less.

I'm having some type of problem with my stomach and esophagus. Pain when I eat. This is not to be used to say that this is some horrible side effect of my mega-dosing.

I did recently introduce digestive enzymes into my diet. Perhaps this will pass, and is only a "phase." It is too soon to make a judgement on this. Some people who have done some study in body cleansing and purification know that sometimes cleansing and purification can be uncomfortable. And you come out on the other end in better shape. Let's hope this is the case.

My body as a whole is still quite strong. Workouts can be quite impressive considering, not long ago, hernia pain was bothering me quite a bit.

I am now eliminating waste up to 2 or more times a day. I do eat a lot for weight lifting. This is not to be gross, it is potentially important information. Many people do suffer from constipation. I do consume a fair amount of fiber too.

Troy

posted on Mar, 30 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Well, the stomach and esophagus pain I spoke of isn't there much at the moment. I hope it is going away. If it's there, it's faint.

Troy

posted on Mar, 31 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Oddly enough, I just saw the larger dose Vitamin D supplements at Wal-mart. Yes, even 2000 IU.

I hope we finally get some justice in this world. I just saw Vitorin on the news (cholesterol medication) under fire for not doing what I guess what was thought it was supposed to do.

Troy

posted on Apr, 17 2008 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I just upped my Potassium intake. Using "No Salt," which has Potassium Chloride in it is much cheaper than trying to get a larger dose from a Potassium supplement.

There has been a lot of fear placed in using Potassium supplements. Yes, apparently, it can stop your heart if it is injected in large doses into your veins. I take it through my mouth, well, I'm still typing aren't I?

I mean they put the stuff in a salt shaker type container, so you can sprinkle it on your food. How dangerous is it really?

Again, I am still "experementing" with mega dosing. More time still needs to go by before I can fully evaluate everything as to effectiveness and safety.

I'm doing quite well. Stomach and esophagus pains are not a problem right now. Heart burn seems to be quite diminished.

Troy

posted on Apr, 18 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cybertroy

Thanks for your ongoing reporting.

I see the corporate pimps have been peddling their scare tactics with the vitamin scare story.

posted on Apr, 28 2008 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Well, just upped my intake of Niacin. I hope this is the real thing, not Niacimide. The Niacin flush is normal.

I think this may be the real form, because they do mention possible flushing. This is a slow-release formualtion of Niacin, so that may be why I am not seeing the flush effectm, though. When I used to take it years ago you did tend to get a definite flushing effect.

Anyway, things are still going well. Allergy and sinus problems, well, they are diminished quite a bit as of late. I don't seem to have problems like before. I might emty my nasal passages a few times a day, but they seem to be staying clearer.

Everything is nice and cheap. That's the good thing.

I feel quite good.

Troy

[edit on 28-4-2008 by cybertroy]

posted on May, 18 2008 @ 04:43 AM
link   

So I am overdosing on vitamin d. I was prescribed 50,000 iu's

2 x a week which caused hypercalcemia, which I previously had due to a parathyroid tumor so it was easy to recognize. Also, because what I was being prescribed was d2 it does not show up on blood tests as well as d3, which would explain that although the d2 level was o.k. I felt like crap! My d3 level continued to go down during supplementation. Initially the d did help.

posted on May, 19 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Hmm, there seems to have been an anonymous posting, but I don't see one?

Anyway, keeping things updated.

I have been noting that I may be getting hair back from where it was receding. It's hard to accept, because I have thought it could have been happening before in past years. Only to see that there was no real improvement. But, now I seem to be seeing quite a few new hairs. When you see yourself in the mirror every day it can be difficult to determine what is happening. I swear it looks like I don't have as much hair missing toward the front.

I don't know, let's give this hair thing more time. Then I can look at past and present pictures, and get a real look at things.

Troy

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Well, keeping things up to date.

I jumped out and added two more inexpensive vitamins, Biotin, and Folic Acid. Both of these were not in any of my supplements to any degree that I would have liked.

Mom said my hair looked black today. Not sure what was all about. She thought I may have dyed it. Well, I am looking for the answer to my receding hair line. Maybe this is a good sign?

I really need to start another topic, because the heading of this just doesn't tell you the story of my megadosing experience.

Other than some stings and stuff here and there. My hernia type symptoms are still doing well. I feel I can do more heavy lifting without paying the price.

Oh, yeah, just remembered, I also added a source of Sulfur in the form of MSM. It has some other joint stuff in there. I really was just looking for a source where I could use a mega dose. Sulfur seems liek it could be very important to the body.

Troy

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 11:38 PM
link   
It would be good if you started another thread about your megadosing. If you gave specifics of what you are taking in list form it would help me understand better just what you are doing.

Best of health to you!

posted on Feb, 1 2009 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by DevolutionEvolvd

Now this is really strange! I myself take 6000 iu's daily to suppress my typeII nerve stinging and burning and it also has given me muscle growth and increase strenght and endurance. It is only toxic if you are foolish to take 14 - 15,000 iu's.

OH! and P.S. vitamin D3 is not a vitamin per say, but a ProHormone! : )

posted on Apr, 28 2009 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I posted this on another Swine Flu thread, but I am hoping that more members will see it here.

Vitamin D3 will definitely help to protect you from the strain that is going around right now. You can buy it OTC at most larger drug stores for under $10.00 for a months supply.

Originally posted by yankeerose

Vitamin D3:
Higher Doses Reduce Risk of Common Health Concerns

Immunity
Scientists have linked various aspects of immune health to a Vitamin D3 deficiency. Vitamin D3 regulates T cells, which are important to the functioning of a strong immune system. Vitamin D3 acts as an immune system modulator, preventing excessive expression of inflammatory cytokines and increasing the killing efficiency of macrophages. In addition, it dramatically stimulates the expression of potent anti-microbial peptides, which exist in immune system cells such as neutrophils, monocytes, natural killer cells, and in cells lining the respiratory tract. These Vitamin-D3-stimulated peptides play a major role in protecting the lung from infection.13
In addition, Vitamin D3 deficiency may influence development and progression of various autoimmune diseases.14

Cytokine storm

Role in pandemic deaths

It is believed that cytokine storms were responsible for many of the deaths during the 1918 influenza pandemic, which killed a disproportionate number of young adults.[1] In this case, a healthy immune system may have been a liability rather than an asset. Preliminary research results from Hong Kong also indicated this as the probable reason for many deaths during the SARS epidemic in 2003.[citation needed] Human deaths from the bird flu H5N1 usually involve cytokine storms as well.[citation needed] Recent reports of high mortality among healthy young adults in the 2009 swine flu outbreak point to cytokine storms as being responsible for these deaths.[4]

[edit on 28-4-2009 by yankeerose]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join