It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Councilman Proposes Cussing Ban In Bars

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Councilman Proposes Cussing Ban In Bars

www.ksdk.com

(KSDK) - No drinking contests, no table-dancing, and no obscenity: In St. Charles, a proposed bill would make some strict new rules for bars to follow. But does it go too far?

City Councilman Richard Veit says, "We have people complain from time to time especially about establishments on Main Street getting out of control."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.stltoday.com

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Yet again government feels they must step in to tell adults how to act, by legislating their beliefs. So they have people complaining from time to time, is a good reason to make some laws governing adult behavior?

No cussing in bars by adults, no profanity in music at bars?

www.ksdk.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Similar but different...

In our area, the bar district was offering the 'Dollar' nites specials. They did this years ago (was almost like a bar war), but it just faded away.

In recent months, some of the bigger bars in the district have brought it back, only to have one establishment have its licence under review due to a large brawl on Xmas eve. Apparently, the powers that be felt the cause of the brawl was attributed to by too much 'alcohol consumption'. Go figure.

One lone cabaret is continuing the with the cheap drink nites and boasts of much better security than the other bar in question.

Not that I am for or against this, I just feel it comes down to the individuals involved, and not solely the alcohol consumption.

When I was younger (seems so long ago, lol), my 'associates' and I used to take full advantage of the cheap nites, and to my recollection, without incident.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I don't think it matters where you live, some loon will always come up with a crackpot idea to solve a problem that is virtually non existent.

Might as well tell the sun to stop shining as to expect no swearing in a bar.

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Damn it! The reason I go to bars is to drink and cuss! This ordinance would be impossible to enforce. Are they going to have a cop in every bar handing out citations?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Cussing at a bar is a first amendment right. So any law passed is null and void. Next.

When will politicians realize nothing supersedes the constitution?

posted on Jan, 8 2008 @ 07:08 AM
link   
Hey!, why not introduce "family night" and "Bible Reading Night" at the bars too
They could hire Nuns to patrol the bars with rulers, slapping the hands of anyone heard uttering a profanity

top topics

join