It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seeing Ghosts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Hello there! I have been facinated by the paranormal for many years now and was very pleased when I came across this forum. I am not a very skeptical person. I believe there is an answer to everything, and that some things cannot be answered by our science alone. Which brings me to the subject of seeing ghosts. I really want to see one. Even if it is just a glimpse of a figure or a full on encounter with something. Is there any sure way to see one? I dont particulary want to do something that could have a negative affect on me. So please tell me what could be done. I look forward to any response.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Hi Medler!

I don't know if there is a sure fire way to see an entity or not.

Myself, I have never "seen" one in person , but have I seem to be able to feel a certain one pretty easy.

I don't think that beyond having an open mind, I have really done anything to communicate, and it seems that if I go looking, I don't find anything.

I think that if an entity wants to communicate, it will.

There are ways to open yourself up but you must be EXTREMELY CAREFUL I would suggest talking to a medium or psychic, and you must learn how to protect yourself from harm. Don't use oujia boards. You also have to make sure you are respectful to the entity if you do see one.

Then again, I am an amateur and pretty solitary when it comes to studying spirituality, I don't have any guides except what I believe to be my spirit guide (see above) so there may be someone who knows and can answer better.

Hope this helps even a little.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hi Medler,

I too have just registered. I am and always have been addicted to everything covered in this fine community.

With regard believing in anything, the only way to be 100% is to have actually witnessed something.

I would love to witness a UFO but never have to date.

I have though witnessed 2no Ghosts where i could say thats it, i saw it and it has to be true etc.

The first one was a full sighting in my Grandma`s house when i was younger.

The 2nd one was around 8 years ago at my Ex Wifes bungalow. She had often said she could hear things although i never believed her. I was in the bedroom laying down reading. She was in the Kitchen washing up and making a coffee. Her daughter was in the lounge laying on the sofa asleep with the lounge door shut.

All of a sudden somebody ran out of the lounge stamping there feet really loud and ran into the bathroom opposite. The timber floor construction made it vibrate too.

I jumped up quickly and ran out in the hall. The Lounge door was still shut and she was still asleep on the sofa. My ex was still in the kitchen but had also heard the running and stamping. She looked at me and said "Now do you believe me"

Every hair on my body stood on end as i realised that i had just undeniably witnessed a 100% ghost.

Houses are very common. If you have any friends who have seen things or heard things then this is the best place to start for sure.

Lob

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by medler

Yes, there is a way!
Your area telephone directory should list local paranormal research groups.
If you cannot find one listed then use the web to get contact details of local paranormal societys that are within your county/city/town/region, etc.
Confirm your interest and introduce yourself by email. Turn up at one of their meetings to discuss the criteria of what will be expected.
You may be asked questions such as, e.g. are you a 'sensitive' have you ever been party to a seance or had experiences with ouija boards.
The advantage of joining these groups are self evident - they have equipment, experience and a certain level of knowledge. This way you will have a certain 'fast track' way of gaining the benefit of their know how.

Alternatively, scour the web for 'ghost cams' and log on to the real time recording experience. There are hundreds of these if you search the web.
The Queen Mary ship has the cameras and so have haunted houses, inns, hotels, churches, etc.
Whatever path you choose, be it an armchair webcam vigil or a real organised ghost hunt good luck in your intentions.

*********************** Spoooooky *********************

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Cheers for the info guys! I will take a note of what you have said to it can help me on my way.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Or you could try to learn use your 3rth eye. To able to see Auras and AP. To able to see the entity really need to see AP.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by medler

Hi Medler. I am also new at ATS. I have been reading posts on this board for a while and have joined for the same reasons as you. I will say be careful what you wish for. I have had my personal experiences "seeing spirits" and it can be quite freightening at times. For me it just happens, it's nothing I have tried to do.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Some people can do and see things naturally. Some people have to learn it first. All of us have magical abilitys.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tartar

This is very true. I seem to have it naturally, however I do not know how to "control" it. I would like to understand it more.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
You should try to learn to control it. Meditation helps.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by tartar

Actually I've tried meditation. It hasn't worked or I am doing something wrong. Any suggestions are welcome. I can't seem to get the concentration at home, there are usually distractions. Thanks for your help tartar.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Our you just dont know how to meditate at all. Meditation is not easy and people think. Just PM me about your abilitys and I'll see if I could help you.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:21 PM
link   
entities probably arent something you'd sense with sight.
spiritually "felt"
like others have posted, meditate.
Meditation is nothing special or hard to do.
find somewhere quiet, close your eyes, relax and "feel".

[edit on 9-1-2008 by offtheheezay]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Sorry, but I really have to say this. YOU ARE WRONG.

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Proof please?
id like something that could tell me i am wrong.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by offtheheezay

There is no proof. Pictures that can be "photoshopped", video that can be cgi, voice recordings that can be anything. What will it take? For myself it doesn't matter. I know what I have seen, some look like everybody else, some look like a "shadowy mist". There are people that can't see them. I guess it comes down to believing what you want. Take it for what it is or don't.

posted on Jan, 10 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by medler

Go to an old cemetary at night by yourself. Hang out for a few hours. See if anything comes along. By the end of the night, you will be looking over your shoulder and running.

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by medler

Hey medler. Have you seen any ghosts? Any experiments you're trying? Or has this thread died?

top topics

join