It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul excluded from New Hampshire Fox Debate

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:34 AM
link   
www.ronpaul2008.com...

January 5, 2008 3:49 pm EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – The Ron Paul 2008 presidential campaign praises the New Hampshire Republican Party’s decision to pull its sponsorship of the Fox News forum in protest of Fox’s decision to exclude Congressman Ron Paul.

“While we understand that FOX News continues to move forward it is with regret, the New Hampshire Republican Party hereby withdraws as a partner in this forum.”

www.news.com...

Online protests seek to include Ron Paul in N.H. debate

NASHUA, N.H.--An online protest is growing over presidential candidate Ron Paul's exclusion from a Fox News debate here on Sunday, even though other Republicans receiving fewer votes in Iowa or scoring lower in the polls were invited.

Paul received a fifth-place 10 percent of the GOP vote in Iowa's caucus Thursday, ahead of Rudy Giuliani, who received 3.5 percent. He's also ahead of Fred Thompson in New Hampshire polls, polling 7 percent to Thompson's 2 percent.

But both Giuliani and Thompson still appear to be invited to Sunday evening's debate sponsored by Fox News and the New Hampshire Republican Party. Paul isn't.

www.ronpaul2008.com...

December 28, 2007 10:39 pm EST

ARLINGTON, VIRGINIA – According to the New Hampshire State Republican Party and an Associated Press report, Republican presidential candidate and Texas Congressman Ron Paul will be excluded from an upcoming forum of Republican candidates to be broadcast by Fox News on January 6, 2008.

www.prisonplanet.com...

Ron Paul: Fox News Is "Beyond A Joke"
Presidential candidate slams decision to exclude him from forum

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Friday, January 4, 2008

Sri Oracle

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

Hey Sri,

Look I'm not trying to anger you or other Paul supporters but come on man! This guy is insignificant in this race. Please don't be fooled by his 15 minutes due to a terrific Q4 fund raising effort.

Did you watch the debate last night?

Paul got killed. The other candidates had all they could do to hold back their laughter when the good Doctor claimed 9/11 took place because of our presence in the Middle East. Prior to 9/11 our footprint was very minimal.

Paul should immediately become the third party candidate. He is certainly not going to covet much of the Republican vote. He will stir it up a little with Independents.

Bottom line: Ron Paul is Ralph Nader is Ross Perot.

Spend your vote somewhere else where it will actually count for something.

I agree with Fox's decision to exclude him. He isn't even a blip on the national scene.

Becker

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   
From a blog at

blogs.reuters.com...

Brenda says:
January 4th, 2008 at 8:45 am GMT

Ron Paul finished 5th? Hmmm. Here on the West Coast, NBC didn’t even mention his name during the entire broadcast. When the results were finally announced, Paul wasn’t shown even shown on the chart. I believe NBC had Thompson in 5th place. While NBC talked about how much money Huckabee and Romney spent in Iowa, nothing was ever said about the $20 million Paul raised in the last quarter and what it bought him. And I can’t count the number of times the words “major candidates” were used as a way of dismissing Paul. NBC never uttered his name once! I wish I had a screen shot of the final NBC results showing that Paul’s name did not appear.

Rob says:
January 4th, 2008 at 11:29 am GMT

As an observer from Canada, I initially thought that the supposed “mainstream media bias” against Ron Paul was bunk! I no longer think that anymore! The evidence seems fairly clear.

However, it is amazing that most mainstream medias around the world mentioned the top four Republican finishers in their PRINT EDITIONS and then also mentioned sixth place finisher, Rudy Guiliani, but most didn’t mention Ron Paul (except on BLOGS like this one.)

www.swamppolitics.com...

Posted by: Rob | December 30, 2007 6:57 PM

Fox is doing a great DIS-Service to the American people by excluding Ron Paul. I don't think the Lame Stream Media understands exactly how much popularity Ron Paul really has, and how much his ideas are resonating with Americans. The American people aren't stupid, and we understand the dire situation our country is headed in. Especially the economic crisis we are going to suffer. The Dollar is declining in value week after week, U.S. imperialism goes unchecked at the expense of our Republic, and we middle class Americans are overtaxed, and over-regulated.

We The People are not going to let a Lame media stand in the way of progress and restoring The Constitution. Ron Paul is the only candidate offering REAL solutions to REAL problems. Ron Paul has my vote.

Posted by: Frank Bank | December 30, 2007 7:24 PM

I have emailed my disgust with this decision to Fox News. I will no longer be one of its viewers and I will not support its sponsors or advertisers. I would also encourage anyone who owns News Corp. stock (NWS) to sell it immediately and hit them where it hurts. As an American, I am ashamed of our media. How can someone who speaks the truth, has integrity and then raises 19 million dollars be excluded and shunned from a debate? Pathetic.

FOX affiliates will lose their FCC license over this Ron Paul Black out. They will not have served the public interest to exclude any party candidates.
There will be 100,000 emails of "public record"

here's how

"FCC Public File"
"Not acting in the public interest"

1) At the beginning of EACH email or FAX to an affiliate (actual broadcaster, not the network) ask that the comment be placed in their "FCC Public File." They are required to comply with your request.

This "Public File" is reviewed by the FCC each time that station's license is up for renewal. Not getting a license renewed means the station is worthless.

Give your opinion that the broadcaster is "Not acting in the public interest" and give detailed reasoning.

We can specifically start slamming each affiliate under the FCC "Equal Time Rule."

www.museum.tv...
www.fcc.gov...

2) Comment to the FCC directly on media ownership:

gullfoss2.fcc.......

Check next to "Media Ownership Further Notice of Proposed Rulemaking - Docket 06-121 "

1-888-CALL-FCC (1-888-225-5322)
1-866-418-0232 FAX: toll-free

Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, SW
Washington, DC 20554

Chairman Kevin J. Martin: [email protected]
Commissioner Michael J. Copps: [email protected]
Commissioner Jonathan S. Adelstein: [email protected]
Commissioner Deborah Taylor Tate: [email protected]
Commissioner Robert McDowell: [email protected]

...and make sure to comment how NewsCorp is "acting against the public interest."

Posted by: D. Scott Slocum | December 30, 2007 11:48 PM

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becker44
Look I'm not trying to anger you or other Paul supporters but come on man! This guy is insignificant in this race.

No fret... I am not a avid supporter of any canidate; I do not vote for personal relegious reasons. I am just a messenger.

Did you watch the debate last night?

I do not own a television. I will catch it on google video this week.

the good Doctor claimed 9/11 took place because of our presence in the Middle East. Prior to 9/11 our footprint was very minimal.

My uncle has been flying in and out of the middle east, from Texas, making oil deals, for a 7 figure salary, for several decades. His military protected private jet is probably the minimal footprint you speak of.

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:35 AM
link   
www.liveleak.com...

Greta from FOX says Ron Paul should be in debate.

His numbers are low...
[]
It is not like he is an significan player...
[]
He's not going to be president...
[]
He's not going to become president...
[]
Ron Paul, on that theory is not going to be president
[]
He is not going to be president...
[]
He has been running for a long time...
[]
but, he is rather provocative and stimulates debate...
[]
why not pull up another chair?

Have you noticed the bluish-purple hue in the sky?

The clouds are purple.

The clouds are becoming violet.

Do you see how purple the clouds are?

It is rather strange that the clouds are purple.

The clouds are purple.

We should at least consider noting the purpleness of the clouds.

If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.

Joseph Goebbels

I agree with Fox's decision to exclude him. He isn't even a blip on the national scene.

Becker

Sri Oracle

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I saw the debate last night.

A bunch of Fools getting schooled by the Statesman known as Ron Paul.
Paul killed the other guys in the second half of the debate. Why?
Because he knows of what he speaks.

Those giggles you saw, and heard, were the only viable response to Paul.
Thats what you do, when there is no substance to your stance, yet you still have to find a way to belittle the person who is head and shoulders above you in intelligence, and forthrightness.

According to Drudge:
CNN is re-running last night's debate..Running it against that other Fox nonsense. That, is hilarious!!!!
Fox is slowly being exposed for what they are:
"Wrapped in a flag, carrying a cross" get it? LOL

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 10:15 AM
link   
The highly publicised exclusion of Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX), the widely reknown "only traditional Republican" on the GOP Primary ballot, has done more to raise interest in him and knowledge of globalist communism.

new topics

top topics

join