It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary air car runs on compressed air

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Revolutionary air car runs on compressed air

rawstory.com

BBC News is reporting that a French company has developed a pollution-free car which runs on compressed air. India's Tata Motors has the car under production and it may be on sale in Europe and India by the end of the year.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com
www.theaircar.com

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Great idea here. Will it work globally? Do you think that the powers that be (oil companies) will allow this to catch on all over the world? I am not thinking so.

The second link explains the aircar technology

rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:01 PM
link   
yes thats very cool.

I also remember seeing on the discovery channel this old man
that took a phazed array of magnifying glasses and "The Sun",and he focused all the glasses into one beam and you would not believe
the amount of Raw Heat/energy he was getting from this thing.

no batteries, no electricity,no wires.......just magnifying glasses.

he had 2 big barbaques going at once plus he was boiling
huge pots of water all at the same time.....

how simple can you get? think about it....super simple.......cool...
I`ll try to find some links but I`m sure you could just imagine
how it would work.....

[edit on 4-1-2008 by Maya432]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Maya432

Ya know, as a kid, we used to burn leaves with magnifying glasses. Boy, wish I could have thought to put that to better use. Maybe I could have come up with something like that guy. Coulda, woulda, shoulda I guess..

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23
reply to post by Maya432

Ya know, as a kid, we used to burn leaves with magnifying glasses. Boy, wish I could have thought to put that to better use. Maybe I could have come up with something like that guy. Coulda, woulda, shoulda I guess..

its never too late....sounds like grown up childs play
as far as being complicated.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The temperature of the clean air expulsed form the exhaust pipe is between 0 and 15 degrees below zero and can be subsequently channelled and used for air conditioning in the interior of the car.

Cool

1 Euro for 100km of travel doesn't sound horrible to me. But I'm not liking the colours or the design of the cars. If they just made a normal-looking car (or at least an attempt at something of the sort) then I'm sure a lot more people would consider purchasing a product like this.
If they were really for the environment and not profit, they would release all details patent free, like the inventor of match sticks did.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by watch_the_rocks

True, but a price of only around 7000, you really can't complain that much. I am sure that if this catches on, we will see all kinds of modifications to the look of it. You have to remember also that the materials used in this car I am sure are a lot lighter than your normal vehicle. They are probably just testing the waters at this point. Also, these are what European cars look like aren't they? LOL. I tell you tis, if I could get one of these and get that kind of mileage, I would consider myself as making a statement and loving the extra cash in my pocket!

[edit on 1/4/2008 by palehorse23]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by palehorse23

Great idea here. Will it work globally? Do you think that the powers that be (oil companies) will allow this to catch on all over the world? I am not thinking so.

It could work globally. But the Oil companies will of cause try and sqeeze every last drop of oil to make money.
Oil companies will have to invest elsewhere eventually.

I can also see road usage taxes or tolls being implemented. Maybe even privatisation of roads?? I know we pay registration and insurance for cars now but I do believe if we dont have to pay for fuel we will have to pay another way.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
I remember seeing a engine like this being tested at the Melbourne fruit & veg markets a few years back on TV.

Found an article about it, I think this is the one I saw. I don't know if the two are related or not.

www.ferret.com.au...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Aye, we really do need to use something that's useful and efficient.

Fuel, oil, war is OVERRATED!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by TheoOne]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
I think we can all agree the design is somewhat...horrible lol but hey i certainly would appreciate the cash not spent on oil. Are we witnesses of the future car?
I hope so

[edit on 5-1-2008 by themaster1]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by themaster1

Mate, I'm sure the designs of the air cars would evolve for the better as soon as it gets popular. Right now, it's quite new, so...

Good point, though.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Western people will never buy an Air car made in India due to racism.

And they will never buy these toy designs as their neighbours wll laugh at them.

The millions of drunken neds in western countries will steal the cars or set fire to them to make them explode as neds are the new white savages created by western societies degenerating to animal status due to endless drugs/drink/too much time.

These neds should all be dumped in the Sahara with 12 cans of beer and left to fend for themselves.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I've had my name down for buying one of these ever since the initial concept was launched.

Have never once heard from the company, and I registered with them about three years ago.

Wonder if they'll be in touch?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
reply to post by TheoOne

Just had to point out that curry is one of the most popular dishes here in the U.K

Anyhoo, I think this compressed air engine breakthrough is absolutely MASSIVE, it could very well revolutionise all manner of industry.

Okay, this is not free energy but it's not far from it and it's clean, this could be a huge threat to the oil giants who (it's said) are controlled by the 'elite', if these so called 'elite' are so powerful how is it this breakthrough is now in production?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Yeah the air compressors you "fill up" at use no energy at all.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

That is a crazy notion. We buy everything we can from Asian countries. We do not seem to have a problem with that. Why would re racist against India? The reason why they won't be bought is because the oil companies won't allow it. Unless, they can figure a way to corner the market and ensure their high profits.

XL5

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I would rather pay very little for air and pay nothing at the non-regulated/taxed pumps. If they tried to screw with peoples regulated hydrobill and add more tax, then people would do something.

It does NOT matter that the aircar is still powered by gas/coal, nuclear, hydro and renewable. What does matter is that people would be paying less, its cleaner as some energy will be from hydro/renewable AND more efficient gas burning power plants.

I think the airmotor is compairable to a rotary vane type vacuum pumps which were around for a long time.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Who is to say it will be cheaper? Unless you do it yourself, there is still money to be made by those with the air fill stations.

Why don't we just bring back the steam engine?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Perhaps if all cars worldwide were replaced by these cars, the world could run out of Oxygen? No thanks, if that's the case. No polution sounds good though. But Oxygen might be expensive in the near future.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join