It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revolutionary air car runs on compressed air

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
XL5

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Hellmutt, I hope your being sarcastic, but if not, the air input to output is not changed and is still breathable.

The air filling stations will just be big tanks of air, air compressors (pumps) and 3phase power. If people have to wait longer (even 8 hours) for thier home compressor to fill the tank and pay alot less, they will.

If people want to get it filled at home faster, they just need a bigger external tank and pump that can work maybe 15-20 hours a day. This way it will take less "peak" energy and will make less heat (wasted energy) then it would pumping the cars tank in 8 hours directly.

The air car is like an electric car with cheaper, longer lasting and lighter batteries. The motor is cheaper too!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:56 AM
link   
You do realize there is nothing to stop you buying a compressor and charging it yourself at home...just like those tyre inflating pumps costing about $35.

You would only need to pay if you ran out mid journey....you could even carry a compressor with you and just plug in to any electricity point!.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by esecallum
reply to post by TheoOne

Western people will never buy an Air car made in India due to racism.

Um ok, you shouldn't generalize an entire population. I don't care what color your skin is, if it is benifting mankind and cheaper in my pockets I don't care. I don't care in the first place lol... but I hope tese cars can be implemented somehow cuz that would be awesome! $3.14 for gas, and $10.00 goes into the tank everyday to do my motor route, and the car pretty much stays on empty... and I can't give the route up... tried that before and what money I made helped a lot. That and I missed it terribly, it's a job I really enjoy.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by MacSen191

I can prove what I said.

How many cars saying Made in India have you seen in your street?

ZERO.

Vindicating me totally.

The fact is these cars will never be allowed in as it put would Americans out of work and reduce the profits of the gas companies and secondly no American would be seen dead driving a car Made in India.

Americans hate Indians for stealing their jobs and Americans regard them as perimitive and dangerous and no way would an American buy a car made in india.

No Way.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by esecallum]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by esecallum

They make cars in India? I didn't know. There are no cars made in India in Scandinavia that I know of. In fact I've never seen any cars made in India anywhere ever. But Japanese cars are everywhere. I bet they can be found in India as well. And Korean cars.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Old technology air powered vehicles have been around since the 1920s
just not air cars.

Air powered mine locomotives have been used in underground mines and a few are still out there.

5 years ago i was still using a air locomotive in a mine in northern Calif.

The only problem i see is will there be enough 24 hr filling stations to travel across the country.
Most people WILL not buy a car unless they can travel in it ether daily or once a year.

For me i need to travel to the doctor twice a month about 300 miles round trip.
There is no public transportation that i can use.
so i must have a car that can make the trip.

The only problem i can see with the air cars is range. and what kind of lines you would have at the air filling stations if everyone had to refill every 75 miles.

what i would like to see is a 1or 2 person high mileage car i do not care what you use for power.
very streamline with the passenger setting behind the driver or cargo area behind the driver.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join