It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Mars Blue Sky & Water!!!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by FutureAbductee

Those things may look like debris to you, but to me they just look like the other rocks that can be seen on the other Rover's photos, and they have made hundreds of those.

And what explanation can you come up with for the lack of more debris? If that was a place where once stood a civilisation don't you think that just some small debris are too few?

I think I'm getting a different picture then everyone else, cause that couldn't be rocks, they are deliberately designed and made of metal. And if there was ever a civilization on mars its THOUSANDS of years old if not millions. Any debris would have disintegrated a long time a go

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Why is John Lear not posting in this topic? Holidays?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 04:43 PM
link   
regarding the image of the humanoid figure -

If you zoom right in, it looks to me at least like a humanoid figure kneeling down with its body facing away from the camera collecting something perhaps and possibly with their head turned facing the mars rover?.

sorry i dont know how to post the image.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by survivor]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vze2xjjk

What animal, i can't see anything in the supplied image, its a blur!

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:21 PM
link   
umm ok to join the discusion , I found something that made me wonder .. Look at this pic and tell me , does that look like straight edges to you (might be my eyes playing tricks on me but to me this looks like part of a small bunker with an window opening
)

Edit : If that link wont work here is the direct link to the pic
img106.imageshack.us...

[edit on 6-1-2008 by Thill]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I think the "fallen pillars" is quite interesting, the ordered fashion the stones are spread out on the ground implies that they once might have been fitted together. On the other hand it could just be a random composition of rocks that makes up that suggested line, what are the odds though.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Damien_Hell

Why can't those things be rocks, do you know all the possible rock formations on Mars?

Do you know any possible rock formations on Mars?

Do you know any possible rock formations?

And why should some debris resist millions of years and other debris not?

And why I am posting in a thread that has nothing interesting to me?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by tangent45

Look for other photos of Mars taken by the rovers and you will see that rocks formations that make slabs and other elongated forms are very common. There is even one that many people said was a piece of wood.

An edge of one those rock formations that broke from the rest could create something like the "fallen column".

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Hey guys those photos I think are debunked....take a look.

photojournal.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Well, it is stunning, especially in the foreground detail. Now I expect a possibility of a thorough beating here for stating an opinion, but after zooming in and looking around I see...a desolate sand and rock-filled medium-sized ancient crater.

If there are any geologists ('marsologists'? 'aresologists'?) in the audience perhaps they can help here, but just to use our common experience of rock types on Earth for comparison, many of the rocks resembled shale. I believe no one will argue that shale will fracture in quite straight lines, something that could lead one to suggest 'artificial!' since we aren't there to pick it up and examine closely. Further, is not shale produced here on Earth in the presence of water?

My opinions...anyway, look down into the 'crater' and notice the obvious patterns in the sand (or 'dust', if you prefer). Looks a little like the Sahara...

If we knew the Latitude and Longitude of the location, and the time of year and time of 'Sol' the picture was taken, we'd have a better handle on the discussions. It would also be helpful to know the time elapsed as the panoramic pics were scanned...it's not exactly a Polaroid camera up there, folks!! The images are recorded, probably with a CCD camera, then sent to Earth line by line...vertically, I will assume, since they pasted several images together to achieve the panorama.

So, discuss?

[OK, a little more research on my part...it isn't a crater, per se, the edge of a plateau, near a cliff looking westward. Late 'summer'/early 'fall' and was taken just last year. Based on shadows evident on the Rover Spirit it would be pretty close to local 'noon']

[edit on 6-1-2008 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 10:28 PM
link   
The sky of mars is not red, the planet itself is. The atmosphere is quite similar to ours in composition and includes carbon dioxide, nitrogen, and even oxygen so it is no surprise that it appears blue, the only reason it's not as blue as our sky is that Mars lost its magnetoshere resulting in a loss of atmosphere.

The blue on the mountains is not water, if it was it could flow downhill and we would be able to see it on the other side of the picture. If you look in the foreground, you can see a similar discoloration right on the other side of the crater that's right in front of the camera, the area in a dip where there are no rocks. There you can see that it is obviously shadow.

[edit on 6-1-2008 by avingard]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by GioTheGreek

I only read the first page and everyone seemed so clueless.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:51 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
ok the pics were debunked in terms of *water*. it has been said many times on here that it is a simple sand dune which was proven correct a few posts above me.. however that pic of the *humanoid* mad eme laugh because it looks like that bigfoot footage of him walking across looking at the camera from the 80's or 90's or w/e. made me giggle

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rolotommasi
[img=http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/8730/207495mainspiritmain2rt1.th.jp g]

cannonball?

ya just before the rover got there, the confederates were fighting for sand. I mean land.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   
that *rock* formation looks just like the frickin big foot. here i even put a pic together.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

I totally agree with you. People see what they WANT to see. All the examples given look nothing more then rocks.

I could sit here all day and imagine shapes and objects in the sand and rocks.

However, I will play along too. I see a cow skull here. They must have had cows at one point...you know to experiment on what they do to the earth cows:

Next, we have a hedgehog. They brought this back from one of their many visits to the UK

Here we have a turtle. He is searching for the blue pond in the distance.

And here we have a Martian Sand Frog

[edit on 7-1-2008 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swatman
that *rock* formation looks just like the frickin big foot. here i even put a pic together.

wow. thats creative

nice post lol.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:38 AM
link   
on my first post, I was trying to point out that sand is being blown into the air, by what I don't know, I'm just pointing it out to all interested people that may have an answer.

img116.imageshack.us...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join