It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open letter to my friend Ric who died this week.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Ric, 24, was my friend and a barman who worked at my local irish pub called Casey's. He died Wednesday of heart failure

Dear Ric,

It was yesterday at about 4:30 when I heard that you passed away. Words cannot describe the emotion I, and others, felt when we all heard. I couldn't and didn't want to believe it. But when I saw Lyndon outside Casey's and he said "I knew you'd be down at some point" and gave me a hug, I knew it was true.

Seeing the pictures, candles, flowers, messages from friends and the words from the minister made me understand something. You were more than just "that barman in Casey's".You were Ric. You was my friend.

I'll never forget the words "You alright gorgeous, what you having?", which you said every time you served me. I'll never forget the hugs, the laughter, the memories and I'll never forget you.

We'll all miss you.

Goodbye Ric

Love Dan x

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Ric was also a huge Led Zeppelin fan. The lyrics of this song, Stairway to heaven, were displayed in the window of Casey's pub.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Aww Im so sorry to hear about your friend, He sounded like a top man,

Its So hard when we lose someone early,

But hey maybe they needed a bar man in heaven,

Stay strong and if you need a hug im only a u2u away,

Send on our condolances,

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Means a lot to me Asala, it means so much

It's been a rough 24 hours

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I really feel for you right now
I can just tell you are hurting so bad,
Being a bar man im sure he has touched many peoples hearts, Have a good drink for him and get togehter with others,

Together you can get each other through this,

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   
We had a proper Irish wake last night, minister came from Canterbury Cathedral too.

The front of the pub was decorated with pictures, candles etc outside for everyone to see. Ric was one of the good guys, didn't have a bad word to say about anyone.

I'll never forget him.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
hope your all right hang in there

hang in there:shk:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm so sorry to hear that -- and at 24, of heart failure! He sounds like the kind of guy I'd have loved to sit and chat with.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm sorry to hear you lost your friend man, though at least he's getting sent off right.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

Infinite/
My prayers and thoughts are with you, the family and friends.
I guess his time was up and although he will be missed by you and all family and friends, time will heal and always stay in the hearts that love him.

R.I.P

helen

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:43 AM
link   
His stuff was being moved from Casey's today..

very hard to watch

new topics

top topics

join