It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iowa Caucus Results

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 12:18 AM
link   
What do you make of this?

www.cnn.com...
DES MOINES, Iowa (CNN) -- Barack Obama and Mike Huckabee have claimed victories in Iowa's first-in-the-nation caucuses

Sen. Barack Obama says the night was a "defining moment in history."

With all Democratic precincts reporting, Obama had the support of 38 percent of voters, compared to 30 percent for John Edwards and 29 percent for Hillary Clinton.

"The numbers tell us this was a debate between change and experience, and change won," said CNN political analyst Bill Schneider.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Although the results were not surprising, they are definitely important. It's interesting that the news is tauting that the results show "Iowans see Obama as candidate for change," whilst the candidates that have the most potential to make a difference(Kucinich and Paul) are being ignored by the majority of voters. Obviously citizens don't want "too" much change. It was nice to see Paul come ahead of Guliani, though.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I think R. Paul needs to hang in there. His 5th place finish isn't so bad.

I hope NH knocks out Clinton. I was surprise at Thompson's finish.

Super Tuesday is where it's at.

Roper

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Tha majority of people have no idea who Ron Paul is --- let alone what his positions are. ARemember, we may get our news and information from the net but the majority of Americans get it from TV and the MSM. Given that the MSM has made a concerted effort to ignore and exclude Ron Paul these people, consequently, have no idea he is even running.

Just today Ron Paul (with 10% of the IA vote) was characterized by CNN as having been "slaughtered" in IA despite his having gotten 2.5 times the number of votes Gulliani received (and if you actually do the math with CNN's own vote counts you'll see that Guliani is actually at 3%). Ron Paul is within a couple percent of both McCain and Thompson. Yet it can be presented by 'professional journalists' that he was "slaughtered"?

Also, look at the county-by-county results. A much different picture, no?

Amazing.

[edit on 4-1-2008 by jtma508]

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Gulliani and Ron Paul are both wash-outs. I don't see either of them getting the republician nomination. I suspect that Ron Paul will eventually try the lone-ranger approach but in the end, he might as well throw his money away in Vegas. At least there he has a chance of winning. Even if it is small.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Did it ever occur to some of you that people just dont like Ron Paul?

The guy is obviously either very stupid or very naive, hes like a transplant from 1968 in the world of 2008. Ron Paul's problem is that he wants to face the problems of 2008 with the mentality of the 1960s Hippies and the methods and limitations of the 1790s.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheScribe
What do you make of this?

That's what I think of it. And also

Huckabee and Obama are both frightening. Neither can do the job. Neither has experience. Neither understands international politics. Huckabee is a religious fanatic who believes the bible word for word and thus thinks humans have only been on the planet for ~6,000 years. Obama is a freak'n RACIST who puts 'mother africa' before America and who blames whitey for all the worlds problems.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Well..

Since i thought there was a about 100% chance that the election would come down to Clinton and Guliani, it is refreashing to see both of them get killed in thier cacauses.

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
"limitations of the 1790s" Now that is funny, in the 1790's the government was limited but the liberty of the people was wide open.

Rudy and Hillery ain't liked also.

Roper

new topics

top topics

join