It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2008: Time Ripe for Third Party Ticket?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   

2008: Time Ripe for Third Party Ticket?

blog.washingtonpost.com

A group of political consultants from both sides of the political aisle is taking steps to draft a third-party ticket for president in 2008, guided by a belief that neither the Republican or Democratic parties are adequately addressing the problems of average Americans.

"We believe that, while the leaders of both major parties are well-intentioned people, they are trapped in a flawed system -- and that the two major parties are today simply neither relevant to the issues and challenges of the 21st century nor effective in addressing them," reads a four-page summary document for "Unity '08," a copy of which was obtained in advance by The Fix
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Just been watching FOXNews (please forgive me), but an interesting story caught my eye regarding a meeting regarding a third party candidate being discussed.

Rumours it shall be Bloomberg

blog.washingtonpost.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:37 PM
link   
halleulah!

where can i send my donation ?

(turns off the [/sarcasm] code)

some if not many here were aware of the Ross Perot platform...
he explained the 'sucking sound' as jobs/industry/national wealth
was stripped out of the American way of life...

So, now.... the greater multitude of the sheeple are now attuned
& self aware enough to shake off the 2 party fascade ???

dream on

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

i would also direct the readers to pay close attention to
Paragraph 4 of the OP link';

aka' --->the cast of characters promoting this 3rd party 'groundswell'

it looks to me like a bunch of activists that need a PayCheck
and they'll contrive a losing proposition to get their desired wealth stream.

call me cynical, i got thick skin

[edit on 2-1-2008 by St Udio]

apc

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
"Lets see... who can we put up there to guarantee a split Republican vote and put Hillary in office..."

If we're going to go third party, there are already several LP candidates worth consideration. No need to put on this dog and pony show just to get some hybrid douchebag.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I think the 'powers that be' are watching the Ron Paul campaign and getting worried. They know that he won't get the Republican nomination and will likely run as an independent. That would be a problem for them. They need to make sure that any 3rd party candidate is from their stables. This is how they plan on making sure that happens.

apc

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Ron Paul has already stated he has no intention of running as or for a third party. He can always change his mind, but so far he has at least declined such an invitation from the LP.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

If Ron Paul doesn't get the nomination, and doesn't go third party, I have nobody left to vote for. He's the only candidate I've seen thus far who's touched the issues I'm looking at.

As of yet, I haven't heard of any third party candidates. Any good possibilities?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Not only is it time for a strong ,consistant third party...it's time to scrap the electoral college and embrace the popular vote

i]reply to post by infinite

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I'm all for a third party as well, but I don't think they are referring to the Independent Party. From the article they are talking about a "unity ticket".

Although details of the group's aims are somewhat spotty, Unity '08 hopes to harness the power of the Internet to build a community of activists who will be tasked with choosing a "unity" ticket (made up of one Democrat and one Republican) during an online "convention" in June 2008.

Bold emphasis added.

An Independent ticket would be candidates not affiliated with either party, and support for that is growing. Independent registrations are rising faster than any other party.

www.usiap.org...

top topics

join