It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oderint Dum Metuant

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Wear a copper helmet!

Does it need any grounding?

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brother_Amos
In responce to blocking EMP, they had a text floating around at one time talking about the governments project... erm what was it called again, ah yes.. echelon, I think it was echelon but I could be wrong, anyway the gist of was you could see what was on someones computer screen in a building by intercepting the radio waves produced by the screen, so they came up with all these ideas about hardening systems to be resistant to electromagnetic interferance, they found copper was the best shielding device, so I guess the answer is pretty simple.. Wear a copper helmet! Anything over 1mm in plate thickness ought to do the trick, but this is pure speculation!

Get someone to make you one up from 2mm copper and then invest in some car paint and turtle wax, preferably purple, the you can go round looking like magneto out of the x-men without looking too silly!

[edit on 5-1-2008 by Brother_Amos]

You're talking about Van Eck Phreaking...the whole seeing (I think it only works with CRT monitors though). The copper insulator used is actually a mesh like a screen door, and is commonly referred to as a Faraday Cage.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
I'm curious to know if anyone has tried to reverse engineer these paralysis beams?

They say some people are frequently abducted, or have contact several times. It would take some luck to be in the right place at the right time, but if you got lucky you could learn a bit about what sort of beam we're dealing with.

If you could measure the electrical charge, the characteristics and pattern of the electromagnetic waves, and any radiation present when the beam is firing, you could build a device that creates the same conditions. Once you have the technology, you can start looking for a way to fight it.

Oh, if only the idea was feasible. :-(

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mattifikation

There are already lots of devices we have that can already do the things you're thinking about.

If my theory is correct on how brains are electronically manipulated, then finding a method to combat this issue wont be too far around the corner.

You could quite possibly carry a device that throws the electrical field around your body 'out of phase'. This might stop any other electrical interference from getting past.

A bit like those devices they now use to protect from shark attacks.

You could carry around one of these
in the hope of discovering any devices and/or frequencies being used. But then it's a widely known medical issue as to what frequencies the brain uses.
For an idea of what we are currently involved in regards elctricity in the brain, check these out.

electrodes are inserted into the core of the brain and used to alter the patient's mood.

Electromedicine breakthrough: tiny electric current on forehead boosts brain activity, verbal skills

Finite-element simulation of human brain electric activity

And that's just a small sample of the posts on the internet about brain activity.

In my opinion, a paralyses 'ray' can only work if it interacts with the brain.
The brain must receive a signal telling it to stop sending signals to the nervous system. This will leave you completely conscious and aware of your surroundings but unable to move or complain. Another bunch of signals could easily be applied for things like speach etc.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join