It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Thoughts Can't Die According to Physics

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Your thoughts are frequencies, so the question is how can your thoughts die?

When you die, your thoughts live on with the energy associated with your body.

It's just like radio waves. These signals don't just dissapear and neither do our thoughts. You are your thoughts. These thoughts can't die, they have to live on just like radio signals.

You are a disembodied frequency when you die and you will be aware of thoughts from other past lives.

It's basic physics. Frequencies don't die, even when your material brain dies. You can't transmit anymore frequencies as John Doe but the thoughts you had why you were in the body still exists even when the body dies.

The first radio transmissions are not dead, there still out there and they can be picked up, just not with a broken radio.

That's just like our thoughts. These thoughts can be transmitted through a medium but not your body when you die.

This is why things like EVP makes sense. The disembodied can still communicate with us, it just will be at a different frequency.

Just like the TV. If the TV is broken it just can't pick up the signals, but the signals still exist. When your body is broken the body dies but all of the signals you have generated still exists.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by polomontana]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
well, a thought would have to be a physical object to even test that theory out.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Well that’s all just wrong and totally silly.

Thoughts aren’t transmitted, so no, they don’t live on after you die.

And EVP are not transmitted thoughts. EVP are interference and recording artefacts, plain and simple.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Scientist, it already has been proven.

Your thoughts can be measured. This is how a paralyzed individual can control lights or the computer with his thoughts.

These thoughts don't just dissipate.

You are your thoughts, and your thoughts don't die when the material body dies.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by MurderSmurf

Yes they do.

I've written stories that I posted on sites and then lost after a hard drive crash or simple negligence, only to come across them later, sometimes years later, still being shared by others on sites that I did not know existed.

In this tech age, your thoughts will never be lost, as long as you share them with other people.

Slowly but surely we are all becoming immortal.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MurderSmurf

No, EVP's are from unknown origin. It silly to assume otherwise. It neither plain nor simple. If it was, the curiosity associated with the phenomenon wouldn't have lasted the last 60 odd years.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   
That's VERY interesting. I knew that energies that exist in the Spirit Realm operated on thought and now I better understand why. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by polomontana

You are a disembodied frequency when you die and you will be aware of thoughts from other past lives.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by polomontana]

When you say you will be "aware" do you mean that we will inherit these thoughts? Are the thoughts connected to a soul? OUR SOUL? How can we have more then one soul/thoughts representing each different past life in multiple universe's? Do we become ONE with ALL when we die? Im sorry but i thought that when we die there is only ONE of US (thats to say there is life after death) how will our diembodied frequencys continue to live if there are more then one of us, wouldnt that conflict??
I'm sorry if i didn't explain it properly but hopefully you get my drift...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Our thoughts don't live in the literal sense, so why would I be concerned that they might die in the literal sense? I don't see the big deal. Seems simple enough to me.

/tn.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I think we are more like a computer, not radio. We receive some information from outside. The more sophisticated computer we are, the more we can do – process, store in memory (RAM, or permanent memory), provide video, sound, print or send information we processed via network or Internet. And until we are alive (not broken or taken to garbage) we have some individuality and memory. But after we die, I’m not sure. Yes, what we did during our life still exist in some form – electromagnetic, sound, printouts, etc. And even if we succeed to collect all these things together, but without body (computer?) will we have the same being? And if we assemble the same body, gather the same information it processed during it s’ lifetime, but it will exist in a different environment and time – will we have the same being? May be we will have a clone, but not the same being unfortunately…

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by polomontana

I thought such "experiments" were just the amplification of electrical activity? They are not really thoughts....

We can't prove a thought exists surely? We can show electrical activity in the brain, that's all. A thought doesn't come from there IMHO. A thought is from some place else...possibly ethereal, maybe even perhaps from other dimensionality. Maybe it is the universal consciousness using each of us as an interface for separate result data from a grand experiment. There again maybe we just are, what we are, bags of water..an ape who got lucky..

Anyhow, I know of no research proving the actual existence of thought. Just observations of it's interaction and effect on electrical signals...

Just a couple of bob...

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Man there are certain words so frequently misused annoyingly like VIBRATION, FREQUENCY,ENERGY it just makes me want to run away from people who start up with that...like when people say MIND,SOUL and SPIRIT as if they were three obviously well-known self-explanatory separate things when there's barely evidence for the first and if the other two do exist they'd be very hard to tell apart...like Mary Baker Eddy in "Science Health and the Key to The Scriptures" equating everything stepwise so that you can go from " God is love " to " Sex is butter " in however many easy steps...I mean persons like that are often sweet and well-meaning but they should get down with Korzybski,"Science and Sanity", general semantics in hopes of becoming someday less of a language virus from help me Jesus I'll never rant again

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I'm thrilled science is beginning to take this serious or at least make note of it. I believe death separates the spirit conscious form from the physical grown form. Conscious form continues as infintly indexed knowledge back to our source of origin empowering the mortal form.

When the conscious form and the infinit index of knowledge again experiences rebirth into the physical mortal realm, the knowledge learned from the past life is suppressed and relearned from an entirely new experience till mortal life once again parts the body from spirit.

We begin again as a happless baby and grow into the new experience as a being conditioned to accept life.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Hi There,

I would say that 'thoughts' are not objects in them selves, but to consider them as 'information waves' that are resonances arising from electro-chemical interactions in the brain, might be more than significant. To illustrate my meaning, image a stone thrown into the center of a small pond. From the point where the stone enters the pond, a series of concentric waves move and spread out towards the pond's edges...these 'waves' are analogous to thoughts, and we can call this a 'closed' system, which in a similar contextual analogy, so is the brain. Eventually the waves will dissipate and the pond's surface will return to smoothness. I would suggest that something similar is going on in the brain.
Any electro-chemical interaction occurring in the brain is apropos to the stone thrown into the pond, and the waves of action potential that issue from the interactions are the thought wave resonances apropos to the concentric waves upon the pond's surface..
The reason why thoughts must dissipate like the concentric waves on the pond's surface, is due (probably) to their energy being assimilated and used in the brain cell. It is a necessary form of filtration, otherwise, the chatter in the brain would be overwhelming for the organism.

The 'op' has sought to base a widely-shared hypothesis on speculative science, but his conclusion is drawn from implication only. I do not know of any factual science that has proven thoughts to continue their wave characteristics beyond that of the brain, regardless of any anecdotal evidence that implies elsewise. Of course, this is not to deny the possibility that they do, only to deny the existence of factual evidence that they do.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Like I said, you are your thoughts. It goes back to the old saying, I think therefore Iam.

Let me tell you how it works.

1. You belong to what I call the master wave function and some call the higher self.

2. When you are in a state of decoherence, you are blinded to this higher self. While in a decohered state, you can only observe what you can measure. So you are conscious of things and are blinded to the higher self. You can sense it through things like the paranormal and through mathematics but because you can't measure it you can't observe it.

3. Your thoughts don't die when your material brain dies, they go to the higher self. I remember thoughts that I had in high school and I'm 37. When you hear people who marched with Dr. King or fought in a major war, they say,"I remember thinking at the time." This is because your thoughts still exists. Your material body is like the TV and your thoughts are like the signals, just because the body breaks and dies, doesn't mean your thoughts die.

This makes sense on a metaphysical as well as scientific level. Every thought you have is recorded and is taken to the master wave function or higher self.

Your material body is a set of frequencies and they are just operating on a lower frequency than your thoughts. This is why when you die you need a Medium to communicate with people on earth. The Medium is just sensitive to the frequency or some say vibrations of your thoughts after they leave the body.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Scientist, it already has been proven.

Your thoughts can be measured. This is how a paralyzed individual can control lights or the computer with his thoughts.

Not exactly. The electrical impulses that accompany thoughts can be detected and used to control switches. Notice this pretty much has to be done with implants in or directly on the head.

These thoughts don't just dissipate.

Yes, they do. Or you’d think we could detect them from across the street.

You are your thoughts, and your thoughts don't die when the material body dies.

Of course not. Your thoughts don’t have a life of their own. You can’t kill something that isn’t alive.

Originally posted by mrwupy

Originally posted by MurderSmurf

Yes they do.

I've written stories that I posted on sites and then lost after a hard drive crash or simple negligence, only to come across them later, sometimes years later, still being shared by others on sites that I did not know existed.

In this tech age, your thoughts will never be lost, as long as you share them with other people.

Slowly but surely we are all becoming immortal.

Well, you could say the same for written documents; for example the Torah.…

Originally posted by Toasty
reply to post by MurderSmurf

No, EVP's are from unknown origin. It silly to assume otherwise. It neither plain nor simple. If it was, the curiosity associated with the phenomenon wouldn't have lasted the last 60 odd years.

EVPs’ origins are well understood. Of course there will always be the kooks and idiots who think they come from ghosts, aliens or whatever, because they refuse to learn how their recording equipment works.

I have to say, it’s really funny when some captures a a faint voice reading the weather or advertising for Joe’s Diner and is convinced it’s a ghost.

Originally posted by ReginaAdonnaAaron
That's VERY interesting. I knew that energies that exist in the Spirit Realm operated on thought and now I better understand why. Thank you for sharing.

No, you didn’t. You THOUGHT that. You can’t even prove the existence of a spirit realm.

This makes sense on a metaphysical as well as scientific level.

Metaphysical, sure, because ANYTHING can make sense on that level. On a scientific level? Heck no! I bet you don’t even know what a frequency is.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I guess I don't understand the jeering and large amount of falderah against the belief. There are lots of people who believe that thought process and the manner in which it is directed can directly affect your life outcomes. I've experimented with that process, and although I have no meters, gauges or other measuring devices (than my own subjective requirements), I've seen enough positive and verifiable outcomes to form a belief in the effect. Before you say anything about perception, understand that I am speaking of material gains from the process, and not simply an enhanced personal perception of some metaphysical mood enhancement.

In the same line of thought, life as I understand it is certainly a short thing or process, as I am not a Giant Redwood Tree. Therefore, it provides me some comfort to think that I will go on after death in the Lutheran, Baptist, generally Christian or Tibetan Monastic sort of manner and will not simply wink out of existence at the moment of death. This provides me a reason to keep on keepin' on and doing things to improve my lot and the lot of my fellow man. Simple... Continuity is a motivator for me. If I am right then I continue and get more chances to do more good things and experience the life that I have come to love in the past 60 years. If I am wrong, then at the moment of death I wink out of existence and... That's that, so to speak. Either way, there's no harm and no foul.

The really unfortunate thing for the scientists who speak so assuredly of a lack of afterlife and all the attendent "gibberish" that goes with it, is that with the current state of scientific affairs, you draw forth and make certain statements that tend to try and shatter the hope of the folks who aren't quite so sure. You don't mind trying to depress the dreamer, based on all that you can currently measure and understand within a measurable and "palpable" framework. That may not be so bad, but as I recall it, by scientific proscription, man could not fly, until some dreamers put fabric to wood framework and Oila!!!! Rickety airplanes.

I'm not poohpoohing science or the scientific method, but it seems to me that it ought to be open to all types of evidence until the ability to measure and prove or disprove a belief, or possibility, exists.

Just some thoughts....

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Just thought I'd approach this from a different angle.

I found this interesting:

Psalm 146:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;
In that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (New American Standard Bible)

10Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going.

Sheol here refers to the common grave of mankind.
The jist is that after you die, there is nothing more you can do. Your thought perish with you. All wisdom, knowlege you have aquired ceases to exist. So live the best life you can now. If yo want your thought to be meaningful after you die, write a book.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
maybe the OP just has a limited understanding of Physics.

Physics also states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. So what makes the energies that comprise our thoughts? Converted proteins and glucose, and oxygen that is consumed and used to fuel our body. The brain being the largest consumer of our bodies energies.

Memory
Just because you can remember something does not necessarily mean that that particular thought still existed all these years. Where was it when you WEREN'T thinking it? It was stored in a neuron in the long term memory section of your brain. Memories are thoughts that are etched into the brain much like your MP3's are magnetically encoded onto a spinning hard drive in your computer. Sure the pattern to reproduce that thought still exists, but the wave is not active until the pattern is stimulated.

So what happens to all the thoughts that were NOT active at the time of death? They decay away with the rest of your decomposing organic meat bag. The thought that was active during death may continue to vibrate...which could also explain EVP's. The last thought is still vibrating and people pick it up over and over on their recorders.

Maybe there is an afterlife...we don't know for sure. But the evidence to the contrary is very compelling.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sparky63
Just thought I'd approach this from a different angle.

I found this interesting:

Psalm 146:4 (New American Standard Bible)

4His spirit departs, he returns to the earth;
In that very day his thoughts perish.

Ecclesiastes 9:10 (New American Standard Bible)

10Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with all your might; for there is no activity or planning or knowledge or wisdom in Sheol where you are going.

Sheol here refers to the common grave of mankind.
The jist is that after you die, there is nothing more you can do. Your thought perish with you. All wisdom, knowlege you have aquired ceases to exist. So live the best life you can now. If yo want your thought to be meaningful after you die, write a book.

I guess I'm not as literal as you. There is still much in the bible to condone the afterlife.

Perhaps you are correct in that what we know and understand as the "I" ceases to exist, but there still might be something to continue on with afterward in a different/altered form... Otherwise, why the whole Revelations "thang"?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join