It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists discover remains of 2500-year-old advanced civilization in Russia

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Archaeologists discover remains of 2500-year-old advanced civilization in Russia

in.news.yahoo.com

Moscow, Dec 28 (ANI): Archaeologists have discovered the remains of a 2500-year-old advanced civilization at the bottom of Lake Issyk Kul in the Kyrgyz mountains in Russia.

According to a report in RIA Novosti, the team consisted of Kyrgyz historians, led by Vladimir Ploskikh, vice president of the Kyrgyz Academy of Sciences, and other Russian colleagues, like historian Svetlana Lukashova.

The expedition resulted in sensational finds, including the discovery of major settlements, presently buried underwater.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:30 PM
link   
This should help rewrite a bit of history I hope. There are probably many other civilizations underwater that have yet to be found or accepted by western archeology.

This is very interesting, its not on FOX NEWS,CNN, or the other news networks. I guess the tiger story is more important......

in.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I agree....if you can imagine just how many villages and or towns and camps are underwater now. To this day oil drillers and many other dredgers suck up artifacts from the bottom of the sea and last one I heard of was near alaska. A clovis point was found. This is one of the areas I think archaeologists need to focus more attention on. This is where many more older civilazations will be found.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Just view the Continental Shelf on any world atlas / map. The shelf is where older cities were situated eons ago.

Cities are always constructed near ocean, rivers, waterways. There are dozens upon dozens of these under water all over the world, hopefully one day we will have the resources and will to fully explore these archeologically rich areas.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Its an interesting find, though I must say I fail to see how it can be a particularly advanced civilization. Bronze workmanship while the rest of the world has started using iron long ago? Shockingly advanced

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:32 AM
link   
from the diversity of artifacts found, there are items related to zoroastram,
hindu, buddhist, judahism, etc.

the frontier town must have been either on a trade route
or it may have been a sanctuary of sorts for various religious disclipines
and of course warriors with those battle-axes and other weaponry found.

is there no folklore about a destruction of such a haven around 500 BCE
...might this site be the fabled 'Shangra-La',
albiet a distorted story version over time ??

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
A couple of things I would like to say,
First off, one of the reasons this has not received as much attention is most likely something of economic issues (like tourism for instance), politics, another thing could be the fact of the Cold War between Russia and the U.S. is making a comeback.
And also a little reading for you all on the Scythians.
en.wikipedia.org...
Yeah, it's wikipedia, but it's just to give a better idea about the subject.

Enjoy, and Happy New Year.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Very interesting but this quote from the source gets me thinking Chariots of the Gods sensationalism.

For example, a 2,500 year-old ritual bronze cauldron was found on the bottom of the lake. The subtlety of its craftsmanship is amazing. Such excellent quality of joining details together can only be obtained presently by metalwork in an inert gas.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdial1
I agree....if you can imagine just how many villages and or towns and camps are underwater now. To this day oil drillers and many other dredgers suck up artifacts from the bottom of the sea and last one I heard of was near alaska. A clovis point was found. This is one of the areas I think archaeologists need to focus more attention on. This is where many more older civilazations will be found.

Most of those underwater cities would most likely need to be at least 8000 plus years old for that was when the seas jumped up about 75 feet. From 8000 to present it has been very little rise.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Blue Ridge,
Interesting find, stars and flags to you. Now I do want to remind everyone that in order for a civilazation to be considered truely advanced, they need to at least have at least one PlayStation 2.

spec_ops_wannabe,
Thanks for providing the detailed link of the peoples from that area.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sanity Lost
Blue Ridge,
Interesting find, stars and flags to you. Now I do want to remind everyone that in order for a civilazation to be considered truely advanced, they need to at least have at least one PlayStation 2.

spec_ops_wannabe,
Thanks for providing the detailed link of the peoples from that area.

What they need to fine is a playstation 22, now that would be interesting.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Interesting indeed! It will be even more interesting when a certain group who have been doing their best to deplete the dead sea, in order to recover something which they have waited a long time to get their hands on. I have it on good authority that it is something which they plan to reveal to the general population, not keep secret, which will give them great influence. although initially the project was considered a great secret and utmost "caution" was advised, they have had to ask help from a number of sources in order to speed up the lowering of the water level. They had to take some people into their confidence, in a small way, so that only safe and practical methods were considered. They are apparently not far away from the target of the exercise. This is what I was told by one of the people in the know. Perhaps we should keep an eye open directed towards it, has any of this been discussed before as I am fairly new. If project caution is known about I appologise for posting.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
Interesting indeed! It will be even more interesting when a certain group who have been doing their best to deplete the dead sea, in order to recover something which they have waited a long time to get their hands on.

Well lets have it.
What is it that they are after?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueRidge

2500 years ago advanced civillisations buried under water or was it 4458 years ago at the time of the noahtion deluge?just exactly how precise is carbon 14 dating----does it give or take 2000 years or so ?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by BlueRidge

2500 years ago advanced civillisations buried under water or was it 4458 years ago at the time of the noahtion deluge?just exactly how precise is carbon 14 dating----does it give or take 2000 years or so ?

Or the Deluge didn't happen as most people not trying hard to literally interept the Christian's holy book.

Or do not areas flood without having "forty days and forty nights" of rain?

Or am I fooling myself?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Interesting indeed! It will be even more interesting when a certain group who have been doing their best to deplete the dead sea, in order to recover something which they have waited a long time to get their hands on.

Well lets have it.
What is it that they are after?

I have a certain amount of training in archaeology, and I'm gonna guess...

Jimmy Hoffa?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

if the carbon dating gave or take 2000 years the city could be as old as 50 years old. i hope this is not the case.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Interesting article - This seems to me to be another example of a disporia type people. The time period is about right and the fact they were a warrior society of a sort points to the assumption that they had the basic knowledge and technical know-how to survive in a hostile environment not of their own making. Perhaps they had begun as part of a military deployment and were just not able to go back home because of a war and the total ruin of their own homeland.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Ahh i think this refers to an allegded ailen spacecraft buried there that crashed thousands of years ago. Also beleived to be Noah's Ark.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
there already was a thread about this: www.abovetopsecret.com...

anyway
This is very interesting.

There is an ancient turkish legend how the first real turkish civilization got destroyed by other forces and then they were forced to flee and hide in the altai.

This could be related to that.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join