It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Archaeologists discover remains of 2500-year-old advanced civilization in Russia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
The name of the lake is Turkish.

Issyk means = " Light "
Kul means = " Lake "

So it iwould be = " Lake of Light "

my 2 cents .

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by 23432

Wiki article says it means "warm lake," not "lake of light," although it could go both ways.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I must admit that I have never heard of the crashed spaceship theory, or the Noah`s ark one, perhaps you were joking. The most I can say at the moment for fear of losing a company one of the contracts for the work involved, is that the newer name of the project is Lightbringer. This was intended to change as the project gets nearer to completion, the next name change is due on completion. I assume from what I know, that the find has to have religeous or political implications, as the parties concerned have strong connections to both. They also have beliefs in metiorite worship, and the metiorite Lucifer is a large part of thier system. However, there is a real possibility that it could have an alien connection as parts of thier customs have alien leanings, with some branches fully preaching alien connections and contacts. I have even been told by a higher ranking member that he has handled real alien artifacts as part of ceremonies. All of the members I know are stable level headed hard working men who are fully trustworthy people. As they say in life " Trust no-one " this is an attribute which we all should have. We have to take the facts presented to us on all things and decide which ones to research properly. One of the facts that I know is that they are not a fringe fanatical sect, they are well known.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRidge

This should help rewrite a bit of history I hope. There are probably many other civilizations underwater that have yet to be found or accepted by western archeology.

I love reading about ancient history no matter where it is. I have read a ton of books on all kinds of history some factual and others a bit radical. Still I enjoy it all. But I'm really tired of the attacks (for lack of a better word) against "western archeology" or "the west" in general. Please just stop. It took me two seconds to do a search on google and find a number of "ancient underwater locations" in south america alone that are known and accepted. And yes, if you are unable to do it yourself, I'll be happy to provide links. My point is, why can't you just post a story and let it stand on it owns without making digs at anyone anywhere?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spec_ops_wannabe
reply to post by 23432

Wiki article says it means "warm lake," not "lake of light," although it could go both ways.

en.wikipedia.org...

Issyk does mean light but it can also mean warmth .
After all , Light is a source of heat in itself and the local usage would make sense .

isi = Heat , Warm
issyk = Light

I had not checked the wikipedia before .

It is interesting to note that there is no mention of word " Turk or Turkic " at all on Wikipedia site .

There is the biggest conspiracy of ALL times in written human history , right before us .

Kyrgyz or Kirghiz (Kyrgyz tili, Кыргыз тили, قىرعىز ٴتىلى) is a Turkic language.

here is looking at you :

"Come now! Let us go down and there confuse their language that they may not listen to one another's language" (GENESIS 11:7)

This a conspiracy site after all .

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Qwenn
I have even been told by a higher ranking member that he has handled real alien artifacts as part of ceremonies.

Are you talking about Raelians?

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader97

I have even been told by a higher ranking member that he has handled real alien artifacts as part of ceremonies.

Are you talking about Raelians?

Yep, my guess is they are Raelians and they are after the relics of St. Matthew the Apostle and Evangelist.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by Xtrozero]

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by EndOfFile

I have no malice against "western archeology". There is a perception that in order for a new find to be validated, it must first be "blessed" by the elites and of course pier reviewed. There is nothing wrong with this, but it can be a bit slow. The potential for the suppression of information that conflicts with the egos or interest of the elites exist also. The same problems or strengths exist in all the western dominated sciences. I try to be objective.....sorry if I came off a bit gruff

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueRidge
reply to post by EndOfFile

I have no malice against "western archeology". There is a perception that in order for a new find to be validated, it must first be "blessed" by the elites and of course pier reviewed. There is nothing wrong with this, but it can be a bit slow. The potential for the suppression of information that conflicts with the egos or interest of the elites exist also. The same problems or strengths exist in all the western dominated sciences. I try to be objective.....sorry if I came off a bit gruff

This is due to the numerous hoaxes done in archaeology....western archaeology has become far more hesitant to release a find before it is validated by well known archaeologists so they go through alot more test and political process's to keep the country from embarrassing themselves like the Piltdown Hoax in East Sussex England. If that happened again especially to a superpower....ha....you could imagine

[edit on 2-1-2008 by kdial1]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 02:42 AM
link   
No, not the Raelians, I try to give no judgement to any ideas untill I study them and make a very considered opinion. In the case of the Raelians it is very clear that the mindset is set to cater to certain needs if both it`s founders and the followers, spiritual enlightenment, without the hard work. Any group that expect belief, with flawed evidence, or evidence which has been tampered with are no better than each other. This also goes for a great deal of the so called New Age groups who cater for the latest fashion.
I am beyond, belief for the sake of it. I look for evidence and balence my words carefully, but that comes with age, whatever the future brings I will not be around for long enough to enjoy most of it. No not the Raelians, but they do have an R in their name!

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:02 AM
link   

"All of the members I know are stable level headed hard working men who are fully trustworthy people. As they say in life " Trust no-one " ...."
Um....yeah.

[edit on 2-1-2008 by Stella Lotus]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to roland deschain----please dont get me wrong i'm trying to be serious--does anyone know just how precisely accurate carbon dating is because i assume? thats what they are using.it might be only accurate to +or- 2000 years or even a wider swing than this .

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

you know yourself better than i do --i cant read minds only books---besides reading the scriptures and other books such as the ark of noah by david fasold that claims to have visited the remains of a concrete ship 538 ft long by 130 ft wide on mt. el judi--1 of the peaks of the ararat mts--back in 1978.to my understanding a worldwide flood did occure back in 2450 bce but not due to 40 days/nights of rain but rather because the tectonic plates of the earth were pulled apart and sank under the oceans due to the the near miss of the earth of what looked like a 2nd sun in the sky according to the buried records left behind in south america by those that saw this extra moon/sun nearing the earth before they perished.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by yahn goodey

You completely missed the core of what I said so here we go.
Places can and do flood WITHOUT it being the dum dum dum "deluge". oooooooooooo
And the story's bogus anyway if I remember the part about Christian artifacts being found (could remember wrong) considering Christianity isn't even 2500 years old.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:43 PM
link   
From what I've read, radio carbon dating at it's worst, may be 700 years off, though it's since been adjusted to being more accurate.

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
exactly what was found in order to be considered "advanced"?

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Yep. Stories 100% bogus.

Archeologists found traces of many religions here-Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Especially considering Christianity is younger than 2500 years old, Judaism yes, Christianity no. And unless I am mistaken Islam is younger than Christianity.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Political correctness is to a large extent a right wing myth used to beat up on the left.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by yahn goodey
reply to post by WraothAscendant

you know yourself better than i do --i cant read minds only books---besides reading the scriptures and other books such as the ark of noah by david fasold that claims to have visited the remains of a concrete ship 538 ft long by 130 ft wide on mt. el judi--1 of the peaks of the ararat mts--back in 1978.to my understanding a worldwide flood did occure back in 2450 bce but not due to 40 days/nights of rain but rather because the tectonic plates of the earth were pulled apart and sank under the oceans due to the the near miss of the earth of what looked like a 2nd sun in the sky according to the buried records left behind in south america by those that saw this extra moon/sun nearing the earth before they perished.

No such records, no such geological event (and we wouldn't be here if that had happened!).
Doug

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 02:19 PM
link   
What ever happened to that large tablet that was found that appeared in Pravda a year or more ago? Is this related?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join