It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nibiru's 'First Phase' Due Fall 2009!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 02:06 PM
link   
hey i was readin an earlier post about the object or the right of the sun in the stereo ahead cor2 images. i found a couple of pics where theres like either volcanic activity or small solar flares on the face of it. i looked at surface pics of the sun to see if its just a lens flare but i couldnt find flares on the sun that match the ones on the oject. stereo-ssc.nascom.nasa.gov...
that is were i compared images you can see the object on the cor2 stereo ahead 2048 res. images. look at the pics between 20080713_202320_n4c2A.jpg and 20080713_225320_n4c2A.jpg. in those pics zoom in on the object on the right of the sun and look at them in order and you see a litup spot work its way across from left to right across the face of the object. let me know what you think

posted on Jul, 31 2008 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by xnibirux

ok lets get a beer .Nibiru is just a hoax

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Why can't I see some posts by anonymous users ? It's extremely annoying

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
nibiru is not a planet,and i cant see anonymous posts either...strange...

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I haven't read the past 37 or 38 pages, but how can a "Planet X" exist without us noticing....something?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I haven't read the past 37 or 38 pages, but how can a "Planet X" exist without us noticing....something?

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by August Sonereal

Because it does not exist. It is nothing but a fairy tale. I can't believe that people believe this nonsense. The OP made a ridiculous statement with no scientific data to backup the claim. A brown dwarf approaching earth, yea sure. If that was the case it should be very easy to prove.

Stop this Nibiru nonsense already. I am willing to bet anyone that the fall of 2009 will pass and there will be no Nibiru in sight. Same goes for 2012. Any takers? Just name the price and I will bet with you. $1000, $10,000, $100,000? anything.

posted on Aug, 1 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I'm not saying I totaly diss/believe...

But at the same time I see one huge flaw that Planet X people always omit.

They say Nibiru has a 3600 year orbit. They say the Egyptians, the Summerians, the yada, yada, yada, knew and wrote all about it.

They say it causes pole shift and really bad weather and earthquakes and global destruction.

Why did no-one write about the end of the world happening 3,600 years ago?

I mean if Nibiru was making it's anual pass...Wreaking world-wide destruction...

Wouldn't some-one somewhere have at least mentioned it???

Oh well.... Maybe they were to busy to at the time.

[edit on 1-8-2008 by sumtingwong]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   
2009? Excellent! The sooner this is supposed to occur, the sooner we can debunk this nonsense, and people will shut up about it, imo.

Can't wait for next year!

posted on Aug, 5 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
nibiru is comin i fully beleive it there are meny reasons for this such as in the bible bla bla blah BUT nasa and the us government both kno about nibiru which presents to me a question why bother with the NWO and PROJECT BLUEBEAM
if both organisations kno that most ov da population will be killedd ? this is my only qualm on the subject

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   
In every civilized country around the world, they are chemtrail spraying in the skies - at morning and sunset. There is your proof moron. Maybe you should stop listening to Rush Limbaugh and start reading history. In fact, here is one for you buddy - 90% of all star systems are BINARY. The fact that our twin is now coming around for the first time in our civilization to see is not far fetched at all but commanplace around the universe. If I wanted to believe in complete and utter BS I would join the Republican party.

posted on Aug, 11 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Don Deppeller did a Radio interview recently and what was interesting is that he said the Government was tricked into thinking that March 2003 was the date of Arrival of Niribu.

So the major governments of the world built deep underground bases to survive this Planet's effects through the solar system which mainly consisted of it negating the magnetosphere by tugging the magnetic field away causing mass irradiation of the planet.

How ever the fact they were tricked about the earlier time was so that more of the "Aware" had a chance to prepare and to survive it. But consequently this also had the detrimental effect of making it look like a classic hoax. I fell hook line and sinker for this back in 01-02 and was totally disillusioned by the whole Planet X senario when it failed to play out in March 03 but now I'm not so sure.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
The sooner, the better in my opinion. The sooner some magical date arrives, and nothing happens, the sooner this rubbish can disappear. Of course, it will be replaced by some equally silly, non-factual, wild and fantastic future event, but ah well, what can you do.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123
reply to post by CanadianVandal

This is actually irrelevant as the last pole shift happened 800 million years ago and it took 20 million years to happen.

Recent work by scientists and geologists Adam Maloof of Princeton University and Galen Halverson of Paul Sabatier University in Toulouse, France, indicates that Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period.[8] They tested this idea by studying magnetic minerals in sedimentary rocks in a Norwegian archipelago. Using these minerals, Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years. This reasoning is supported by a record of changes in sea level and ocean chemistry in the Norwegian sediments that could be explained by true polar wander, the team reports in the September–October 2006 issue of the Geological Society of America Bulletin.[9]

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

source
en.wikipedia.org...

The video goes on to provide NO evidence of what it claims.

This is just one more video that is all bark, no bite. Completely unsubstantiated claims.

I read the first 5 pages of this before I simply could read no more. While I do not fully believe in the theory of Nibiru, some people have overlooked evidence and have cited scientific 'proof' that Nibiru does not exist, yet have been selective in their choice of 'proof'. In particular the person I have quoted above.

As there are too many inaccuracies in this thread to go through, I will quickly focus on this particular inaccuracy. Pole Shifts are an unknown. Any 'evidence' found by scientists has never made it past the 'theory' stage. The source you have quoted above is simply one example of many theories suggested by the scientific community.

From another wikipedia article en.wikipedia.org...

Based upon the study of lava flows of basalt throughout the world, it has been proposed that the Earth's magnetic field reverses at intervals, ranging from tens of thousands to many millions of years, with an average interval of approximately 250,000 years. The last such event, called the Brunhes-Matuyama reversal, is theorized to have occurred some 780,000 years ago.

and a BBC article from 2005: news.bbc.co.uk...

The Earth's north magnetic pole is drifting away from North America so fast that it could end up in Siberia within 50 years, scientists have said.

Magnetic poles are known to migrate and, occasionally, swap places.

Previous studies have shown that the strength of the Earth's magnetic shield has decreased 10% over the past 150 years.

During the same period, the north magnetic pole wandered about 1,100km (685 miles) into the Arctic, according to the new analysis.

The rate of the magnetic pole's movement has increased in the last century compared with fairly steady movement in the previous four centuries, the Oregon researchers said.

The north magnetic pole was first discovered in 1831 and when it was revisited in 1904, explorers found it had moved by 50km (31 miles).

Now jfj123 has adamantly stated that 'the last pole shift happened 800 million years ago and it took 20 million years to happen' as his irrefutable evidence that his claims are correct and yet he has done no further research on the topic than one simple wikipedia article.

One final point, unrelated to what I have said above. If this 'planetary body' was actually a brown dwarf star then it would be rather hard to spot considering that brown dwarf stars are actually stars that failed to ignite properly and therefore burn a lot cooler than our own sun and give off relatively little visible light.

From en.wikipedia.org...

Brown dwarfs are sub-stellar objects with a mass below that necessary to maintain hydrogen-burning nuclear fusion reactions in their cores

From www.cfht.hawaii.edu...

Brown dwarfs are intermediate bodies between stars and giant planets (like Jupiter). The mass of brown dwarfs is usually less than 70 Jupiter masses. Because of their low mass, their central temperature is not high enough to maintain thermonuclear fusion reactions over a long time. In contrast to a star like our Sun, which spends most of its lifetime burning hydrogen hence keeping a constant internal temperature, a brown dwarf spends its lifetime getting colder and colder after having been formed.

Now I believe it is easy to spot a Brown dwarf using IR but it would also depend on where that body is located and if it is being hidden or affected by nearer bodies.

Just my 2c.

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
So when it doesn't show up in Q3 2009, will this finally end or will there be a new explanation for it's absence followed by a revised date for our doom? Honestly.

Embarrassingly enough, I used to believe Nibiru was real

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   

One final point, unrelated to what I have said above. If this 'planetary body' was actually a brown dwarf star then it would be rather hard to spot considering that brown dwarf stars are actually stars that failed to ignite properly and therefore burn a lot cooler than our own sun and give off relatively little visible light.

If Nibiru was a brown dwarf, it would be easier to spot than a planet. That's because it would be larger than a planet, emit a small amount of visible light of its own, and reflect the light of the Sun.

Why can't people understand this ?

[edit on 12-8-2008 by Mogget]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Mogget

Actually, all the evidence I have read suggests the complete opposite, except if the Brown Dwarf star is younger and therefore burning hotter - which is not the case in our system.

From hubblesite.org...

What are brown dwarfs?

Brown dwarfs are gaseous objects with masses so low their cores never become hot enough to fuse hydrogen, the thermonuclear fuel stars like the Sun need to shine steadily. Instead, these gaseous objects fade and cool as they grow older. Brown dwarfs around the age of the Sun (5 billion years old) are very cool and dim, and therefore are difficult for telescopes to find. The brown dwarfs discovered in the Trapezium, however, are youngsters (1 million years old). So they're still hot and bright, and easier to see.

Also, if the orbit of the supposed Brown Dwarf in our system is as large and elongated as has been suggested, then for the greater part of it's orbit around our sun it would be too far away from the influence of our sun's light to actually reflect much at all.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Pole (axis around which the Earth rotates) shifts and magnetic pole shifts are two completely different things!

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by cruzion
reply to post by Kryties

Pole (axis around which the Earth rotates) shifts and magnetic pole shifts are two completely different things!

My apologies, I confused myself whilst copying as I had 2 pages (one on each topic) opened at the same time.

From en.wikipedia.org...

he argued that each shift took approximately five thousand years, followed by 20 to 30 thousand year periods with no polar movements.

My whole point was that when jfj123 stated, as categorical fact, that Pole Shifts occur only every 800 million years and it takes 20 million years to complete, he was in fact mistaken. Even the source he quoted doesn't say that. It says...

Maloof and Halverson found that the north pole shifted more than 50 degrees — about the current distance between Alaska and the equator — in less than 20 million years

and it clearly states that the event occurred 800 million years ago, not that it occurs once every 800 million years.

Earth indeed rebalanced itself around 800 million years ago during the Precambrian time period

For people to dismiss others claims based on faulty interpretation of their own evidence,like jfj123 has done, indicates only their own ignorance.

[edit on 12/8/2008 by Kryties]

posted on Aug, 12 2008 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Actually, all the evidence I have read suggests the complete opposite, except if the Brown Dwarf star is younger and therefore burning hotter - which is not the case in our system.

Brown dwarfs around the age of the Sun (5 billion years old) are very cool and dim, and therefore are difficult for telescopes to find.

A brown dwarf that is supposed to pass through the inner solar system in December 2012 would be much easier to detect than one at stellar distances. Are you seriously trying to tell me that a planet would be easier to detect than a brown dwarf at the same distance from Earth ? If you are, then you're wrong.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join