It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Gets Bizarre Surprise Instead of iPod

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Girl Gets Bizarre Surprise Instead of iPod

www.myfoxdc.com

A little girl thought she was getting an iPod for Christmas but ended up getting a rude surprise. She got the box but when she opened it up, she found a surprising switch: the iPod had been replaced with a bizarre note.

The note reads in part "Reclaim your mind from the media shackles."

Jay Ellis, the girls father, returned the ipod to the Germantown, Md. Wal-Mart store where he purchased it. The store manger told him that another customer returned an iPod with a similar issue.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
This sounds like it's right up our alley.. A free thinker spreading the word in a novel way.

Alright, fess up now... Which one of you was it?

www.myfoxdc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:16 AM
link   
hmm I agree that we should try and open the minds of as manny people as we can , but this idea isn't really helpfull . I would even say it is dmaging the image of open minded people
why ? Well because stuff like that puts us (the open minded people) in a bad light as law breakers and I dont think we want to give the goverment excusess to be able to react

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:19 AM
link   
When I first read the title, I was thinking of this comic:

But the truth is as strange as fiction.

That's a message I would approve. Turn off the prolefeed!

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
in the mean time the person who wrote the note is making a fortune selling stolen ipods, who else would pay over a 100 quid for that little nugget of information
im off to reclaim my mind by listening to the white album on my ipod

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Good point.. whoever did this would probably qualify to be hunted down under the new thought crime legislation.

Can't have people rejecting material goods and associated debt now can we?

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 06:24 AM
link   
ROFL, a great story. I'm guessing something like this would have to be done in-factory or in the very early stages of transit to avoid detection, so that means China. Lots of thought oppression there.
Beachcoma, awesome strip

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
This sounds like it's right up our alley.. A free thinker spreading the word in a novel way.

So you're advocating theft? I think it's childish and stupid. Whomver did it should be placed in a small cell with a large man named Bubba and perhaps after a few midnight trysts they will learn to keep their hands off of things that are not theirs.
The end result here is that a couple of children had their christmas ruined. That's "a novel way"??

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

hahahahahahahaha

As always BeachComa, you never fail to crack me up

Sure this thread is a bit of a crack up for sure, but your hilarious touch made it doubly so

Peace

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Rilence]

P.S --P.S -- As an aside, get yrselves a Creative Zen...Much more bang for your buck than any comparable player on price, features and capacity...

The audio and video quality will blow you away...I've had mine since Sept and I love it so much I might well propose to it soon

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Rilence]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Now let's wait and see how many counterfit notes are turned into the Walmarts hoping to get a second iPod for the price of 1.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
How about this -

canadianpress.google.com...

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

How sad....I would suppose there's a lesson to be learned and if there is no mfr. tamper-proof coverings around any of these electronic gadgets, caveat emptor. Parents should probably pre-screen any of these gadgets that have the possibility of harming or influencing their kids. Kids are a target sometimes and it's just getting crazier and crazier trying to protect them all the time.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Beachcoma is my hero...

I love to sing-a
about the moon-a and the june-a and the spring-a
I love to sing-a
Bout the sky of blue and tea for two
Anything with a swing-a to an I love you
I love-a to I love-a to sing

[edit on 29-12-2007 by Badge01]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I can't think of a single kid in America who will open that box read the note and say "I've been set free! No more mindless technology for me!"

"Thank God I was released from my desire for that ipod"

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Badge, When I went to play it, it said "This video is no longer available."

So.....where's your feedback page. I didn't get what I wanted....

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlueTriangle

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe

The end result here is that a couple of children had their christmas ruined. That's "a novel way"??

I love this story, and hope I hear more just like it. Perhaps that message sent a shock into the back of this girl's head, so one day, when she has a room full of crap, but her life sucks - it might creep back in and show her the way.

That being said, there's nothing wrong with having an i-pod or anything else. The family could have been level headed and humble as well.. but this was a great statement. Plus, they just returned it without any problems.

Ease up a little, did you have a bad giftmas?

[edit on 29-12-2007 by scientist]

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
only reason why i have a ipod is because it was the only mp3 player with 80 gig of memory.

I replaced itunes with rockbox anyway.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Why didn't the guy leave the note and the ipod in the box? i guess he was thinking "what the hey, might as well make some $, while i set the people around the world free".

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:43 PM
link   
to anyone that thinks "yay i love this story", i hope you wake up and everything you own has been stolen but the lowlifes left you a little note saying escape capitalism then you would have no right to complain because the dirty druggie that raped your house had the wit to rub it in.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by R-evolve

This is exactly right. Thieves, plain a simple.
It's not just I-pods

I just opened a 4 DVD set of an old TV series. It was a gift for my wife.
Shrinkwrapped and everything.
there was nothing in the cases!
30 dollars for ZERO DVD's

I'll be attempting to return in tomorrow.
I'll post the results of my attempt..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join