It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Complete Guide to preparing yourself for Martial Law

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've heard that the feds were planting metal detectors in the ground at key areas in the forests around the country so when people ``take the dirt roads`` they detect your guns and send an Apache to blow you up.

That's the advantage with martial law compared to invade a country... you can set up your terrain and play the game on your terms.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Hi all,

Great post Admriker444; you get a star from me. I am currently getting myself a kit bag together and I thought I would add the list here; the cost is not that high so should not be a major problem for most people to get together.
I plan on having two ruck sacks with practically the same kit in both then if one is bag is lost then you still have one left and the other great thing is that most of the stuff contained in the ruck sack's can be split to make more ruck sacks so if there is a group of you the kit can be split up even more therefore decreasing the risk of losing all of your kit.

I would advise keeping items like fire strikers attached to your person at all times and the same goes for a knife; with these two items alone your chances of survival stay high. Also where ever you decide to make your long time camp bury certain items that you can do without away from your camp i.e. spare fire striker, knife, first aid kit, compass and maps etc. That way should anyone discover your hideout and eject you from it; you can just walk away without any worries grab the kit you stashed out of the camp and move on to somewhere new. If you keep everything inside your main camp then get ejected you are left with nothing.

Here is my list and if you spot anything I have missed then please point out to me.

1. Torch (pref wind up) radio (wind up)
2. Maps of areas you plan on heading too.
3. Compass.
4. Glow sticks
5. Wire saw
6. Tinder stash for emergency fire lighting (keep some especially for emergencies (if raining) and try to gather what you need from around you) Also keep close to your body in a sealed bag.
7. Fish hooks and line/ snare wire.
8. Water tabs for purification.
9. Fire striker, lighters, and matchers.
10. Emergency whistle
11. Safety pins/ sewing kits/ bow strings.
12. First aid kits/ creams/ surgical blades/ anti-dote/ salt pepper/ sugar/ seeds etc.
13. Axe/ nails.
14. Knife/ sharpener (though a flat stone can do)
15. Small fold shovel.
16. Candle/ tallow candles as tallow can be used for cooking.
17. Life bags/ survival bags.
18. Condoms (excellent for water proofing small items and no jokes please lol).
19. Tarp/ rope/ string.
20. Small books on survival techniques/ identifying plants/ hunting etc.
21. Small mess tins for cooking.

Most of the above items are quite small so they will not be too heavy to carry, remember though stuff like sleeping bags are large and cumbersome but I am planning to have one that can survive freezing temperatures as you don’t know what time of the year this could happen. I think burying items along your planned route or planned destination is an excellent idea as you could be away from home when it all kicks off and may never reach your home to retrieve your kit bags. It would simply not be worth risk of entering a city to retrieve it as you may never have the chance to leave again.

I have also considered some sort of GPS device but I think they rely on ground based installations rather than connecting directly with the satellite itself so say if there was no power going to these installations or they were shut down it would be a useless device; I could be wrong on this so if anyone knows different please inform me as you can get them quite cheap off EBay.

I believe with this sort of kit you could survive pretty much any situation but as always in this kind of situation it will be knowledge you have rather than the kit so practice making fires, shelters, building snares etc. Also a rucksack tucked away in the bottom of a cupboard or wardrobe will take up no space, it gives me a piece of mind to know I have this stuff to hand so I can grab and go.

I hope this helps people; good luck and peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

I know a guy here who claims that almost if not daily he has had Apaches buzzing his farm property. He is a multi-millionaire with an impressive gun collection. He says it started this year.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Is it every man for himself? Or would it be wise to organize groups of people who serve a specific purpose? Initially I would think you would need a militia group to travel. Doctors, mechanics, artisans, and welders with guns and a plan to unite.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I would also add to your survival bag a good stash of rechargeable batteries and a decent portable Radio Scanner..

Not everyone will be using secure/encrypted radios so having 'ears' to whats going off around you without being seen makes for a valuable source of live knowledge.

CB and PMR radios will be monitored and tracked so being able to just listen is a blessing. CB & PMR's would also be used to 'lure' people into revealing their location or transmitting long enough so that security forces can get a fix on your location. Either way, using them is a no no.

[edit on 30/12/2007 by Freelancer]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Hi Free Lancer,

A scanner is an excellent idea but the only problem with that is the emergency services (in the U.K. anyway) now use a tetra band and as far as I know there are no scanners that currently are able to listen in on them but even so it could be extremely useful. I will look into it and as for the batteries; there are now wind up chargers available for mobile phones etc Also I am pretty sure it would not be too difficult to rig up a wind up radio to charge something up as long as you have the right connections.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Hi WeAreOne,

Its true, here in the UK the Police do indeed use tetra, the Ambulance and Fire Services have not yet gone over to tetra for various reasons and so, can still be listened in.

The latest UK Scanning Directory 9th Edition lists many 1000's of frequencies.

The UK Scanning Directory is Britain's largest and best selling VHF/UHF frequency directory and the undisputed leader in the field. No other book dares to list so many frequencies and in such great detail. Frequencies Covered: Aeronautical Navigation, Amateur Radio, Ambulance Service, CB, Civil Aviation, Commercial Broadcasting, Digital Radio, Fire Brigade, Maritime, Military Aviation, Mobile Telephones, Ministry of Defence, Outside Broadcasting Links, Paging, PMR, Point - Point Links, Police, Radio Microphones, Satellite Links, Satellite Navigation & TV Broadcasting.

Source

So, as you can see, there is still lots you can listen to.

My apologies to the OP for going off-topic, it wont happen again.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 01:42 PM
link   
As has been noted, the soldiers will be given orders based on information that will make martial law seem the most reasonable alternative for the safety and well being of the public.
In addition, the public will be asking for the goverment to step in.
You have to remember that for the majority of the population individual responcablity has been all but eliminated from the public psychi.

With the exception of people such as those here on this board, the average person will wait for the " authorities' to tell them what to do, or to come in and rectify whatever situation has developed.

Think about how you will become aware of sit-x. you will most probably hear of it from a goverment controlled news agency or public broadcasting station. As we all know thier fidelity and verasity are suspect to say the least.
In the climate of fear that has been fosterd post 9/11 it wouldn't even take a real event to panic the public. Simply exploiting the prevelant paranoia would be enough.

As an example a " credible " intle report of a bio attack in a major american city ( real or fabricated )
Next step" for the safety of the american public" is pre-emptive martail law to contain or restrict the mobility of the " terrorists".

Within 24 hours, you would have the majority of the people in all the " major american cities" clamoring for armed military patroling thier neighborhood.
With no specific city named all would feel they might be it and would welcome martial law .
For those who don't think this could happen, I refer you to history and the internment of the Japanese at the beginning of WW2.
That was nothing more than suspicion based on fear, but the camps were very real.

As to my " kit", I have 4 way redunency from the minimal which is a hunting vest with all the pockets loaded wih the nessisaries, to the macro which is 4 foot lockers in my garage where they could be loaded in my truck in less than 2 minutes.
One specific item i find invaluable is a roofing hatchet. For those who dont know what it is, it's a hatchet blade on one side with a hammer head on the other. I carry it on a webbing belt along with other items in attachable pouches originaly intended to carry ammo and such. ( God bless military surplus stores)
I store the belt and my vest behind the seat of my pickup.
I also have four compasses along with other items in duplicate. All carried in various descending degrees of preparedness ( micro to macro ) The thought being dependent on the amount of time i have to react will determin the amount of gear I can take with me.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by 1ShotDeal]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Do you supose it is helpful to work for say FEMA? in the event of Martial law? What about as a volunteer for say Red Cross?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by smarteye
reply to post by Vitchilo

I know a guy here who claims that almost if not daily he has had Apaches buzzing his farm property. He is a multi-millionaire with an impressive gun collection. He says it started this year.

Very interesting tell me more about this guy. I like the idea of it happening before the elections as it will remind people just how unfair this election is going to be.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Awesome thread man. I live near Idaho as well, we are very lucky to be around mountains and forests etc. I plan on having survival plans in order by next summer, as I don't think things will be the 'same' by fall of 2008. I just hope nothing happens before then.

By the way, if only we had PIPBoys and fallout shelters
I still own and love that game.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
i have thought about the same thing happening, but i live in the central valley of california. no hills or forests for at least 30 miles in every direction...flat farmland... that's it. but what you do say about the two types of provision stashes could be done and if i had a bag in my trunk of my car loaded with the short-term supplies ready to go, with 2- 5 gallon back-up containers of gas i could be out of town in a matter of 30 minutes.
also a good place for crank powered devices...go to google...type in...www.ccrane.com... and go to that website... it has crank flashlights, crank radios, crank lanterns, and all kinds of good safety and survival devices...but i'm sure there are many other places you can go and get much more survival type of gear

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

Just a few thoughts and concerns.

It may become necessary to evacuate, and I have made preparations to do so, but, I plan to bunker down and stay put. There is a lot of talk about venturing out and putting serious survival skills to the task and test, but, I do not forsee that as the best solution in all circumstances. For example, you can not out run a nuke, nor a bomb or predict where one will fall (God forbid that either should happen). Also, FEMA camps are far from appealing. If there is a chemical attack I do not think the average person would be equipped to shelter from it.

Considering this, are there any suggestions?

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:53 PM
link   
To hell with that plan.

1) If they come door to door, i won't be home, I'll be ambushing the door to door searchers before they come to my house.
2) I will kill until I die.
3) There are lots of people who share my mentality.
4) I'm a better shot than any of my friends that are in the military.
5) My wife is a better shot than me.
6) I will not allow my person or property to be seized while alive.
7) The gov't can kiss my arse.

8)I'D RATHER DIE THAN BE A SLAVE!!!

[edit on 2-1-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fraank Fontaine
Oh Martial Law! I misread 'Marital Law' and was *really* scared for a moment then!

lol
you are happily buried I see
yuk yuk
I have a teepee with firepit and wood ready and boat already set up but the whole country knows where it is lol
I even dug an outhouse and have an old camper that is mobile and good for rough country and a rifle but it would not be a pretty lifestyle and very tough on folks
You cant really hide much these days what with grow ops around -the cops are looking and have good equipment so if they are into control ...
I am trusting Jesus to keep us safe as he always has or get us out pronto
this calls for chameleon talents I think
y

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Oh, and here is a list of stuff you'll need in case this happens, and you decide to not roll over like a sissy and run for your life.

1) A good rifle, with a scope.
2) A good assault rifle.
3) A good amount of ammo.
4) A bullet proof vest.
5) A kevlar helmet.
6) A 55 gallon drum of ammonium nitrate.
7) Some nitromethane or diesel.
8) blasting caps
9)Balls of steel
10)Bottle of whiskey, (large)
11) Positive mental attitude

[edit on 2-1-2008 by downtown436]

posted on Jan, 2 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Yacov

I am trusting Jesus to keep us safe as he always has or get us out pronto this calls for chameleon talents I think

I am trusting Jesus also. I think the chameleon is in full view. THEY are monitoring what people buy online and at the store. I think THEY are using everyday people to spy on other people. Also, with store discount cards, debit cards, credit cards, etc. they know who is buying and or stocking and what. I know there is a risk in bunkering down, but, there is also a risk in venturing out.

When a camp fire burns there is smoke. People will see and some of them may be hungry.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Awesome thread man. I live near Idaho as well, we are very lucky to be around mountains and forests etc. I plan on having survival plans in order by next summer, as I don't think things will be the 'same' by fall of 2008. I just hope nothing happens before then.

By the way, if only we had PIPBoys and fallout shelters
I still own and love that game.

Yeah Fallout 1-2 are the best rpg ever, cant wait for Fallout 3 and the rumored MMO version.

Idaho is wonderful to hide for sure. Ive camped all over the state and anything North to Northeast of Boise is ideal. Plenty of streams for water and hunting is decent as well. Ive had rotten luck fishing here though, stream fishing is totally different than what Im used to (born in florida). Going on 2 years here and never have caught anything in a stream yet

posted on Jan, 22 2008 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

You say the government will take all the vehicles, guns, food.

Why? What would be their excuse for doing that, taking the vehicles and food?

Farmers are supposed to leave their cows to starve or go dry? Everybody just has to drop everything and hop on the FEMA train?

Your only other choice is to run into the woods and try to hide? This is it? This iis allt he hcoice we have? This is in the documents of the government, as to the procedures for marhsal law?

posted on Jan, 23 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I read something about marshall law and the legislation that has been passed. If my understandings are right, it wouldn't make much since for people to pack foods or much of anything because that would take up time. I can see most people leaving their homes with nothing. Look at what happened in Katrina. That is what Marshall law will look like. Weapons will be taken away, people will leaves their homes, goods, and animals behind.

I don't think I am in too good of a situation here if marshall law does break out. I live close to the mexican border, but it is all desert for miles. My plan would be to escape to mexico via back roads, and somehow ending in south america, is that too far of a stretch?

I would try to save my parents but they live in Vegas, and there is no way I'd even consider entering that city, it's crazy enough already.

edited for typos

[edit on 23-1-2008 by leira7]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join