It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1000 Posts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I recently became a member of the 1000 post club, of which there are only 572 members. I figured it would take about a year, it's been about 9 months. I have enjoyed posting on these forums with like-minded people, and even enjoyed debating with members that always disagree with me, as long as it stayed civil. I will continue to enjoy it.

I know I have changed dramatically since posting on these boards. I used to be ultra thick headed, and although thats not entirely gone, I've learned to curb that behavior when needed thanks to ATS. I also learned that getting info from a variety of sources and having public debate is a really good way to understand some of these tough alternative topics.

How long did it take you all to get to a thousand posts? How have you changed since becoming a member here?

edit to add: When you get to 1000 posts, post a pic of your stats here!

[edit on 12/27/07 by AcesInTheHole]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Congradulations!
We are both in the same club now. Unfortunately it will be a long road to get to the next level.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   

i'm in

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Let's see, I joined in April 2007 and I'm over 4000 posts now.

I guess it's just a matter of how fast someone types and how much time they have on their hands.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
I recently became a member of the 1000 post club, of which there are only 572 members. I figured it would take about a year, it's been about 9 months.

Took about 9 months for me to get to 1,000 also. But in the 9 months since then I've posted 2,000+ more times.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorMalfunction
Let's see, I joined in April 2007 and I'm over 4000 posts now.

Major
as the document archivist I think you spend more time around here then most of us. I suspect your post counts will always be on the top.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by RedGolem

Kind of you to say so, RG, but I think it's more a function of having no life. LMAO

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MajorMalfunction

Major,
well I can't say your wrong there. As in having no life means you got that much more time to be posting. But as the editor it also means your have responsibilities which will require you to post. So I won't say its because you have no life, its because you have responsibilities.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Don't be so hard on yourself MM!

Without members such as yourself that post often, BTS/ATS would be a much more boring place. Nice post count!

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

damn... i only recently broke 6000....

i need to get myself in gear in the fight against ignorance.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Looks like I only have 872 since Jan 30, 2007.

Is there any special prize for making a thousand?

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voyager1
Is there any special prize for making a thousand?

Yup. You get to let us all know in this thread!

It's a good time to reflect on the past, think about the present, prepare for the future.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Congratulations AcesInTheHole.

I actually never realized how exclusive the post-count clubs were, or I would have taken more pride in making the 5000+.

Too bad the new applause bars can't be broken. The old ones would disappear once you got over like 160 applause or so. There were only 6 or 7 of us in the "Black Bar of Doom" club.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Yeehee !!!!!! Guess that means we're amigos now
......... I've got over 2,000 posts

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by AcesInTheHole

Congratulations to you.

That's a lot of posting.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:37 AM
link   
I'm another "no life so I post" person. Actually, I have a very sick family member, so I sit around the place a lot with nothing to do except be on ATS.

Up to 3,000 plus posts since joining. I too didn't realize the number of posters started dropping so much when you went into higher post counts. At the rate I run off at the mouth, I'll be over 5,000 before I've been here a year.

Oh well, it keeps me out of the bars and playing 8 ball.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Just short of 2600 posts for me. That's a lot of hot air bein' metaphorically spewed...

Kinda fun though.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Congrats on joining the 1,000 club Aces.

This makes post number 1,619 and counting for me.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Thanks for the congrats everyone!

And now for the arduous journey to the elite 5000 post club....

new topics

top topics

join