It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MYSTERIOUS Structures found near Pyramids Could Hold Secrets to Construction

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The pyramid of Sesotris.

I founds these a few years back. It seems that they cannot be seen at ground level (structures).

Could they have been used as a tripod or quadpod?

Here is Ed, He built CORAL CASTLE all by himself apperantley using this tripod with a small motor atop with copper wires here and there.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by IvanZana

Any actual ground photo of that? I'm betting there is an explanation for it because its quite obvious. You can go to google maps and check it too (this time in proper orientation):
Search for "Pyramid, Amenemhet, egypt" (the first pic). Sesotris pyramid is 1km south but cannot be found by name search.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Surface details show much is level and hardening, I suspect this is the result of many years of continued use so instead of wear and tear we see the structures for what they provided to the Pyramid area from both venues or construction and necessity, if animal transportation was evident this becoming a support for their upkeep whilst the workers did their tasks on higher more solid grounds, course much water may have been necessary to establish the compactness of the structures, whether they are hollow or just solid structures takes more examination and detailed studies. As for the building of the pyramids, special task forces worked special details during shifts so that one shift would eat and rest, they had sleeping quarters, they cooked large massive meals for large groups of workers at a time and they had lots of enjoyment. Structures could have been covered with wood on the slopes so that the integrity of the slope would not be compromised from walking on the slop either going up or down. The how became a means of digging half a distance then erecting the objects so the tilt of the objects could fall in the direction they were to be moved and this pendalum action was repeated over and over so during one day there was not just one object being relocated but a total of all objects moving. No new holes would have to be dug and the same route for each stone making the journey towards the pyramid was like a clock ticking. Mind you these holes had a level central bottom and two sloped sides, men would use ropes to aid in the stone tilting and this would gone on through the day and night using shift workers. Another avenue proving risky had been tried using log rolling techniques and many a man died from this technique. If then a domino affect would craft a multiple move this was technologies at its best. You can't argue with the maker of a pyramid, everything had to be brought in nothing pre-existed, food, water, clothing, and people of all ages participated. It was the only thing to do with all the time at hand. Just why the pyramids meant so much depended on the reward of the Pharoah. If that meant everything then it was a success story from the beginning to the end. I cannot argue why a Pharoah would make the decision to create this feat for the days have since passed, secrets are real common assets, just imagine what it toilet paper had been invented how this would have made a real big difference, I have read that once back in the 20's in America the mob had about 20 toilets in one location, many years went past and no one would dare dig them out to see what was in them but one day someone did and found not only a skelton that had false teeth but the teeth and the gun the man stole and connected him directly to the mob and knew he was killed while in the toilet. What would they have used.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OoTopNotchoO

Learn how to make paragraphs, no one can read that

On another note, do keep in mind that pyramids arent just one big pile of rocks in the middle of absolute nowhere. Its a NECROPOLIS, which include plenty of other tombs and temples for hundreds of people. The "structures" may be excavations of the surrounding area.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

I have measure the columns and they appear to be about 460ft. Whats curious is the builders quit and the 460ft columns look toppled.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

No wonder if 460 feet of columns toppled, considering the pyramid where about half that height (and that's ancient height, modern is even lower). The columns would literally be so long the gravity would make them fall down the other side of the pyramid!!!

I fail to see why you think its toppled columns.

[edit on 27-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure what we are seeing in these photo's are tunnels running underneath the pyramid but which, for whatever reason, are now visable from above.

Perhaps ground erosion has exposed the concrete walls and roof of the tunnels and we are literally looking down onto some kind of underground network.

If you look at the Valley of the Kings in Egypt, the place where most of the tombs of Egypt are found (there are no tombs in any of the three major Pyramids of Giza), you will notice a similar pattern in the layout of the underground networks there.

this link has a few examples - not entirely identicle but certainly similar

www.touregypt.net...

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 11:11 PM
link   
topnotch makes a lot of sense to me.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 05:54 PM
link   
This appears to be where excavated dirt has been moved and dumped...

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 12:52 AM
link   

The white arrows are clearly not pointing at "piles pf dirt" but huge pillars with odd contruction atop.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by IvanZana]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Until you actually SHOW EVIDENCE they are "columns", they are just marking in the sand. As it is, they are not "clearly" anything.

Here is the better picture from google maps btw:

It could very well be piles of dirt. Notice how all of them go out into the "desert valley"? Thats the only good spot to dump excavation material.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by merka]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

It could very well be piles of dirt. Notice how all of them go out into the "desert valley"? Thats the only good spot to dump excavation material.

Deffinetly not dirt. They look pretty uniform.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by merka

come on Merka - you dont seriously think piles of dirt would still be sitting there from when the pyramid was constrcuted do you???

Im all for logical explanations but thats just silly.

Most likely they are former structures, which in my opinion would likely be tunnels, which are now being exposed on the desert floor.

THis is much more likely than piles of dirt or supporting structures i think

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by merka

Look at the one farthest to the top.
It is basically symmetrical ... coincidence? I think not.

[edit on 30-12-2007 by isitmagic]

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Pyramids were often "disassembled" in the years/centuries/millenia following their construction. The pyramid of Amenemhet II is one of these. The limestone that made up the bulk of the pyramid was quarried long after Amenemhet II was buried as a way to provide material for other construction projects.

Not to put too fine a point on it, IvanZana, but I think you're trying to draw too many conclusions from too little data. Images knicked from Google Earth do very little to support a hypothesis. And your rock-solid dismissal of them as "Deffinetly(sic) not dirt" suggests to me that you don't want to listen to any opinions that don't support your hypothesis of these formations as being fallen columns.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by srsen
come on Merka - you dont seriously think piles of dirt would still be sitting there from when the pyramid was constrcuted do you???

I never suggested it was sand from the construction. I'm talking excavated material, moved by bulldozers or something (hence the flat "roads").

PhloydPhan, this is actually the pyramid of Amenemhet I, not II. It was built out of mudbricks mostly, that's why its so deteriorated. Crappy quality, heh. Plus, I read that it got a newer muslim cemetary on it. This MAY be connected to the sandpaths, but I think its the black stuff on the right side instead.

Could it be uncovered underground tunnels? I suppose its possible, but I find it unlikely since its outside the actual pyramid complex (the square around the pyramid was a walled enclosure).

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:17 AM
link   
Shoot the messenger, scrap the idea. Yep when your onto a marvelous discovery thing happen.

OK, so paragraphing is important for your forum, is this something I worry about when links of images folks use from linking from imageshack don't download by right clicking and Internet Explorer cannot access them but they do appear on the page? No, I have not given much thought to complaining about a paragraph being a single topic/issue yet.

I carried the thought from the beginning of my para through to the end and left a cliff hanger, is that what you want me to para in my post? A post is a post for most posts that post well into postings and yet when the post gets attention like this its a big deal post, OK I will add para for "Just why the pyramids", its done, I'm done how's it look in your mind now? I think I did a good job you still asking the same question? You could become a radio star, your topic don't really need pictures to define what is there or did you not wish to define what is there?

I don't go for the paragraphs, some form double lines and triple lines when pasting to notepad. I do read the postings and sometimes I write but not in paragraphs as much as you are in this post following the main post.

Thanks for the compliment, last time here.

Besides kown pyramids that have most construction completed there were some that had been ended and the material that had been meant for them was relocated to the other site which was most important to complete, but here we don't see much material as is on the other pyramids, rock is the question, and then to this could have been a location for a education operation, Jews did not have Hebrew teachers as you might think (language was Greek Writings mostly imported), they had a leader called a Ethnarch which governed them much like a lawyer adjudicating suits and supervised contracts and ordinances similar to some official Egytptian could, that was outlawed, their teachers were Greek, Moses was taught the seven liberal arts by Egyptian and Greek teachers, Jewish children did receive a religious education. After the Ethnarch died (10-11 B.C.) the Emperor Augustus created the Gerousia (Council of Elders) and this in turn reduced the power he held and made him succumb to a orchestrated checks and balance format, Greeks were a minority group in Egypt their objective spawned what was adverse and accepted by Egyptians to be correct, Relations between Jews and non-Jews in the Hellenistic-Roman period were marked by suspicion and hate, this is how Egyptians saw Jews. The Greeks used what was Gymnasiums to teach the Greek way of Life no so in Egypt as athletics was most important not of a relaxing motive, sports was serious and ethical, this was a distinguished way to seperate barbarians from civilized peoples, all in becoming ephebes. intermediates and seniors, this is a step towards compromizes for Jews. So careers were not a serious concern, Jews couldn't become teachers and or hold any official rank in Egypt, they could get reprieves and go to Greece and there they established the culture of Greek Jews.

part 1-4

[edit on 31-12-2007 by OoTopNotchoO]

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Jews in the Hellenistic places (only Jews) sang hymns to Gods, and had pagan sacrifices. The proof was Gymnasium patron Gods Hermes and Heracles, also Ammon, Pan, and Apollo. Gymnasiums in Alexandria during Philo were of pagan Greek Gymnasiums, having sporty athletic knowledge of long jumps, wrestling, running, and boxing sports. Jewish synagogues existed in Egypt as early as the third century B.C.. Since birth Jews were taught by their parents and had unwritten customs could be considered the oral law and codified in the Mishnah. Jews had their own courts, like in Alexandria where Jews of Ephesus are said to have have a place of their own to decide such affairs like it is in Aruba with their judgement calls but are governed by the Netherland Courts. The one law Jews felt serious about was the belief in one God, this is the problem with the Gymnasium education concept being employed for them in Egypt, Jews had to throw aside this belief in order to participate else they were crowned as barbaric peoples without a destination or future whatever that means. Gymnasiums were closely associated with the Army, and Jews served in the Armies of Ptolemie, therefore the possibilities of non-Greeks being accepted into Gymnasiums did condoned by Egypt. Philo shows Moses as one whom forgave Jews and brought them under his wing, therefore he taught mystery to Jews. Alexandrian Jews wished their children exposed to these classes so this form of education was striving. All the land came under Roman control in 63 B.C., Rome had a deal with Judas Maccabeus which Jews did not like and it all ended when the invasion of Jerusalem by the Roman General Pompey. It was probably not until the wars of Ptolemy I against the rival successors of Alexander the Great (320–301 BC) that the first scale immigration of peoples calling themselves Jews into Egypt. Invading Palestine four times in those wars, Ptolemy I is said to have "removed from the land of the Jews into Egypt up to one hundred thousand people, from whom he armed about thirty thousand chosen men and settled them through the land in the forts" (Ep. Arist. 12–13). The Jewish school of Alexandria reached its greatest fame under Philo Judaeus, who lived in there during the early years of Christianity. He came from several generations of wealth and his father enjoyed Roman citizenship. His brother, Alexander, held the high office of alabarch at Alexandria, which meant that he was responsible for collecting taxes owed to Rome. This brother may have in fact been the Alexander mentioned by St. Paul in the Acts of the Apostles. If so, he was unquestionably the foremost Jew of Alexandria and indeed one of the richest men in the ancient world. Alexander was so rich that when Herod Agrippa had financial problems during his early years as emperor, Alexander lent him 200,000 drachmas, a small portion of his wealth, and once more by assuming the total cost of the silver & gold plates that adorned the 9-gates of the rebuilt Temple of Jerusalem. His son, Marcus, married Herod's daughter, Berenice. Alexander's sons turned away from his religion in order to pursue a political career. After having held several offices in Egypt and Palestine, Tiberius Julius Alexander became prefect of Egypt under Nero. During one of the Jewish riots in Alexandria, it was he who turned the Roman legions upon the revolting Jews resulting in some 50,000 deaths. He even played a key role in the great siege and destruction of Jerusalem under Titus. Jewish revolts against the Romans was the decimation of the Jewish community in Egypt. Not for long in Alexandria Jews seemed to have survived the Roman emperors into the period of Christian legitimacy.

part 2-4

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Could you put in a paragraph or two and explain what this all has to do with the sand berms in the photograph?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Cyril, an early Christian Patriarch of Alexandria seems to have been determined to rid the city of both pagans and Jews. In retaliation, the Jews began raiding Christian homes & launching secret attacks. One evening, the Jews ran through the streets of the city shouting that the Church of St. Alexander was consumed in flames. The Christians hurried to save their church, but when they arrived, the Jews attacked and killed many of them. This rues and loss of life incensed Cyril, and he ordered his army of supporters to the Jewish Quarter of the city, where they plundered the synagogues, set fire to Jewish homes, and chased many of them out of Alexandria.

This leads me to believe whole heartedly that the location of the pictures was a Gymnasium Education Center where at some point in time training of the Armies were of major importance and this center provided all participating a wide range of sporty episodes, of some may have ended in the death of those participating and deaths of those that rebelled against it to stop it from occurring. I summize that if there were any artifacts found at the location they would be of Jewish regards as many Jews were forced to obey against their religious beliefs and for there to be any religious artifacts stored there would have been ransacked upon leaving Egypt of those whom may have know of their existance so the possibility of finding evidence of constructing pyramids may lie primarily in scrolls and Greek documentation for that location and if it applied to all other locations is beyond the question as it then would have had to be a education center they knew of named Gymnasiums brought to Egypt by the Greeks and their knowledge of construction then is the only point that was being served. Jewsih life in exile (sixth century 587-592 B.C.) Babylonia, being forced out of Jerusalem unable to worship God was given opportunity by the Babylonians to gather and worship. I feel this same momentum has occurred with Osama bin Laden as someones has approved of his gatherings and granted them worship rights. In 539 B.C. Cyrus of Persia conquered Babylonia, and one year after that he granted Jewish to return to Judea their homeland, and forced Jewish men to give up their foreign wives. This began the hundred year period written about in the New Testament, near between 500 and 425 B.C. the books of Haggai and Zachariah prophets were teachings, but a priest named Ezra encouraged the Jews to obey their traditions and obey the Laws of Moses.

Your summerization of what the athletic-sports was, is as good as what idea I would have, something close to Roman venue with a dash of Greekiness and flare of Egyptian and the lol of Jewish participation excepting for their kids studying religion. What this shows is that to learn what has happened you need study life styles and movements of the people plus pay close attention to their needs and concerns. This can give you insight as to what they were accomplishing and whom was their guide and leader that needed something from them. If you place both early facts and late facts about Egypt into the picture you see the need as becoming a use for training of the Armies excepting of course that the second emergence of Jews into Egypt had fewer trainees for a Army and thereby not good subjects for training purposes. Prior to 641 AD Rome took Egypt, during the time of the Arab conquest was given to the Copts by the Muslim general, Amr.
Guessing from a lack of facts we can only suppose that this period is not relative to 1279-1213 B.C. 19th Dynasty regarding Ramesses the Great and his family but may be a closer period of the Egyptian life. Sesostris I shared the throne and was the son of Amenemhat I, Sesostris I is at the head of the 12th Dynasty. Since a mention of 'Sesotris' pyramid is in the post we can then question during what time span this is.

part 3-4

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join