It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh, no!! Asteroid to hit Earth on 9/29/2004!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Read this! It may be true!

www.theyalltoldthetruth.com...

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Yayyyy!

Those 2008 and 2012 asteroids don't do enough to give me an adrenalin rush.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Well, I'm not saying it is true but the chances of Earth getting hit by an asteroid soon are pretty good IMO. Why? When was the last time we got hit? Maybe it's time once again.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Man, that blows. Not the way I wanted to go out. I hope they make that anti-gravity beam thing before then. What are you guys gonna do for your last 7 months? I'm thinking about a non-stop party.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Umm... I don't believe it.
I think that NASA and the government would let us know of such a serious threat.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The probability of the orbit intersecting Earth is zero for at least the next six centuries. Toutatis will make its closest planetary approach since at least 1353 and until at least 2562 on Sep. 29, 2004, when the closest COM-to-COM separation of Earth and Toutatis will be 1,549,834+/-10 km (4.0 lunar distances).

Closest approach to date was in 1992, in September of 2004 it will be even closer roughly less then half the distance from the 1992 approach. But NASA says the models show it will not cross Earth's orbit within the next 600 years or more.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I am not sure if they would let us know...not this far in advance anyway. Maybe a couple of months before, if even then. Why would the government tell us? What would be the reason? If they can destroy it, then why tell us and risk causing world wide chaos and panic. If they cannot destroy it, I still am not sure if they would say anything. We are all dead anyways, and you know damn well the government is not going to save us. Its fend for yourself if that happens. So I think when and it it does happen it is going to come as a shock, with only a few months to spare, again, when and if the news is released.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ha,
Yeah, I doubt any things gona happen,

If it does than well i guess were all gonna die!!!

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by CarrierAnomaly
Umm... I don't believe it.
I think that NASA and the government would let us know of such a serious threat.

I don't think they would. Like it says on the site. "They don't want to cause a panic." I've always believed the government doesn't care for us one way or another.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:39 PM
link   
But hey atleast I will get to see my 25th birthday and get completely smashes out of my gord for the last time

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:41 PM
link   
an asteriod was suposed to hit today but were all still here so we will be here then also

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   
If this is indeed true and apocalyptic in results, I sure wasn't looking forward to dying at such a young age. If it's my time to go when it comes, then so be it.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by weeman
an asteriod was suposed to hit today but were all still here so we will be here then also

IT WAS??? what asteroid are you talking about?

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Let me also say that if it is true and I die, at least I won't be a slave to the NWO when it comes.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
O yeah...
The government and their NASA goons aren't capable of EVER telling even a shred of truth. I forgot, forgive me.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmulder
Let me also say that if it is true and I die, at least I won't be a slave to the NWO when it comes.

If this thing does hit, there will be no one around to be a slave to the NWO.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheThinker

If this thing does hit, there will be no one around to be a slave to the NWO.

That's true.

posted on Feb, 9 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We'll see. I highly doubt it. I have played with the program those screen shots were taken from, and, it is actually easy to fake it out. I made Mars and Pluto crash in that program, so, I would imaging that you could make anything happen. Because of this, I purged the program from my system.

Another problem with the orbit trails, is that they are layed out in a 2D layout. If you were to change the screen to a 3D layout, you would likely see that, whilte the orbit lines may cross, they are at different angles on the Z axis.

[Edited on 9-2-2004 by ImAlreadyPsycho]

link   
it was in this thread sumwhere www.abovetopsecret.com...

they had this little java prgram where you could track the asteroid intill it gets to earth

link   

Read this! It may be true!

www.theyalltoldthetruth.com...

His "I am the first to.." or "I'm the only to..." or "I'm one of the few on the planet who ever..." attitude makes it smell like bull#

Smells like disinfo to me...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join