It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sign of the Son of Man

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is the sign of the son of man seen in the olden days..

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

I've never seen that symbol before, where did you find out that it was the sign of the son of man?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JadePhoenix
I'm sorry but I do not see Jesus as an alien in a space suit or coming down to earth in a UFO. If I’m not mistaken he is riding on a white horse when he returns to earth…

That's a symbolic refrence.

LOL...

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 01:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Stormdancer777

I know I cannot take it literally but I cannot for the life of me think of Jesus as an alien from another world. I do have to admit when I read the part about New Jerusalem I did picture a very large ship descending down to a low earth orbit.

The second coming of "Jesus" is that the so called "aliens" of mankind (aliens actually being ancient race of beings working for most high God) reconize the second coming of the "son of man" (reincarnation of Jesus).

The "aliens" (the watchers) of the bible and other holy books have been here from before the dawn of mankind. The watchers are hidden within a short distance from this planet known as earth and they've been watching all this time.

The whole "Jesus is an alien?" question is one of perspective as to "aliens" being alien, not from here, when in fact aliens have been here longer then mankind has.

I can't comprehend your idealisims of "Here" (native mankind) and "There" (somewhere that makes a being an alien to native mankind). As if "Jesus" came from heaven "there" to be born as the "son of man" "here" doesn't that make him a native alien in your thinking?

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

The Most High Creator our Father of all things God, in the highest context and understanding, is all there really is. Nothing can exist outside of God's plan and God's will, and every phyical thing known to any phyical creature is all built upon the construct of the heavenly father/creator God.

This world, mankind in general, is of the lowest order of spiritual accending beings. This is the prooving ground. It is here in this mortal life man takes its first baby steps toward the vastness of spiritual things that all belong to God, or it is here that man first turns its back on God and is thus disassembled as a spiritual being.

I'm sure you understand that those here that truly reach out toward God are accepted into "God's Fold". But what it is you believe those that superimpose or reject God's will for their own will get? Most religion see it as "hell" rather I see it as rejection onto the imortial life spectrical beingship. I don't think that's hard to understand.

God take the good and yealding fruits/grain, and puts it in God's house, and he takes the rejects and puts that in the fire. This is a assumed known fact in most religious understandings.

So why is it such a big step to understand these beings that mankind thinks of as "aliens" are not actually higher spiritual creatures?

The all knowing singular father God is father to us all.

Fair enough you're conserned about you nuggies. I'm attached to mine too.

I don't belong to any group. I find group spirituality a joke, because it always digresses to a religion.

I've personally devoted nearly twenty years of my life searching out the lost books and scrolls and extracting hidden meanings through cross association and gained understandings through spiritual sources.

Fair enough I do seem to take giant steps as baby steps. They are but a little above milk and honey to me however, these are baby steps to me.

I don't therefore know what to tell you. I don't understand your vision of a God that only has power over mankind and not all of creation.

Our Father God Creator of all accepts or rejects all of the things created. If the thing created isn't rejected then it is accepted. If the thing is accepted it is still here. If the thing is rejected it isn't here.

All things are working toward the plan of the Creator God to assend, or the things that work toward dessent are timely distoryed.

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 08:18 AM
link   

reply to post by runetang

I've never seen that symbol before, where did you find out that it was the arble tombstones as a testimony to the early Christians' faith in Christ their Savior.

ΧΡ is the first and second letters of CHRIST.......in Greek ΧΡ XPΙΣΤΟΣ. It was used very early by persecuted Christians in the catacombs.
Constantine lifted this symbol at the front of his victorious armies.
Sometimes the XP appears with the first and last Greek letters,
The Alpha 'Α' and Omega 'Ωω', symbolizing The beginning and the eternal life in Christ''who is the first and the last, the beginning and the end (Apocalypse 1:11)

posted on Dec, 29 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Incarnated

The second coming of "Jesus" is that the so called "aliens" of mankind (aliens actually being ancient race of beings working for most high God) reconize the second coming of the "son of man" (reincarnation of Jesus).

The "aliens" (the watchers) of the bible and other holy books have been here from before the dawn of mankind. The watchers are hidden within a short distance from this planet known as earth and they've been watching all this time.

The whole "Jesus is an alien?" question is one of perspective as to "aliens" being alien, not from here, when in fact aliens have been here longer then mankind has.

I can't comprehend your idealisims of "Here" (native mankind) and "There" (somewhere that makes a being an alien to native mankind). As if "Jesus" came from heaven "there" to be born as the "son of man" "here" doesn't that make him a native alien in your thinking?

I never really thought about it in that way but I guess I would consider him an alien even though he did create all that we see, are you talking about the pre-adamic race aka the watchers?

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I like to think of us all as aliens to planet Earth,

King James Bible
Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee,

Stranded, Earth is not a hospitable place, beautiful but deadly.

posted on Dec, 30 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Incarnated

er world. I do have to admit when I read the part about New Jerusalem I d

Why do you think Jesus will be a reincarnation rather then him actually coming back with the same body or whatever? Will he have the powers he had before?

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Whatever the "sign" is, I do not think we have to worry about it too much. It is only the evil people who are going to have a problem with some sort of apparition in the heaven.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 05:26 PM
link   

what is under his flesh?,his thoughts,his link to the divine energies of perfection.thought is evolution.

see the light,the widsom, the power of truth and glory, amen!!.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shawn B.

Originally posted by Incarnated

er world. I do have to admit when I read the part about New Jerusalem I d

Why do you think Jesus will be a reincarnation rather then him actually coming back with the same body or whatever? Will he have the powers he had before?

The Second coming of Jesus Christ!
The Scriptures are very CLEAR how the Second coming will be!
"Watch therefore, for or you do not know at what hour your Lord is coming" (Mt. 24:42).
We do not know WHEN, it is clearly written....no alien or Archangel knows the time and hour!
"Establish your hearts, for the coming of the Lord is near," wrote the Apostle James. "Behold, the Judge is standing at the door" (James 5:8-9).
be good and rightious in your soul....heart.
Standing at the doors?
Death can occur at any time for each and everyone of us...therefore be ready at all times!
"The Gospel of the Kingdom shall be preached in all the world as a witness unto all nations; and then the end shall come" (Mt. 24:14).
This needs to happen!
"when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?" (Lk. 18:8).
According to Saint Paul, this will be the time "when people will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires they will choose teachers who will tell them just what they want to hear. They will turn their ears away from the truth and go after fables" (2 Tim. 4:3-4)
Scripture is very clear that people will make self knowledge of what to believe!
Evil and lawlessness will increase greatly. As our Lord predicted: "Because iniquity will abound, the love of many will grow cold" (Mt. 24:12).
Self love for oneself and not for one's neighbour.
True love will be lost.
"In the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves,
lovers of money,
boasters, proud, blasphemers,
disobedient to parents,
unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power" (2 Tim 3:1-5).
I think this is self explanatory!
Many signs are given before the Appearance of Christ........as above
"In latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons" (1 Tim. 4:1)
Man made knowledge will rule instead of what is written in Scriptures.

"And when these things [the sorrows of the last days] begin to come to pass then look up and lift up your heads, for your redemption draws near" (Lk 21:28)
Awaiting the Second coming.....before Judgement Day for ALL.
The Lord described His Second Coming as being sudden and obvious to all: "For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west; so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.
" Prior to this,

the "sign of the Son of Man will appear in Heaven," and having seen it, "all the peoples of the world will mourn" (Mt. 24:30).
According to the Fathers of the Church, this will be the sign of the saving Cross of our Lord.
he Lord will descend in all His glory surrounded by innumerable angels: "Then they will see the Son of Man, coming on the clouds of heaven with power and great glory, and all His angels with Him … Then He will sit on the throne of His glory…" (Mt. 24:30, 25:31, Mk. 13:26).
Power and Great Glory?
Jesus Christ shall NOT appear as He did the First time.......as a Humble Servant of Man.
Surrounded by His Angels.....Throne of His Glory.
He comes to judge the world and recompense everyone according to his deeds. (Acts 17:31; Mt. 24:27).

Do not marvel at this: for the hour is coming in which all who are in the graves will hear His voice [of the Son of God] and come forth; those who have done good,
to the resurrection of life,
and those who have done evil,
to the resurrection of condemnation" (John 5:29).

On the Sadducees doubting Christ.....the Lord reproached them, saying: "You are mistaken, not knowing the Scriptures nor the power of God" (Mt. 22:29).

Anyone trying to change the meaning of the Scriptures is listening to false doctrine and not Truth...the Meaning of Scripture is explained by the early Fathers of the Church.....all came to the same conclusion as to what was to happen.
For anyone trying or has changed or altered the Truth...are only fooling themselves and dragging people with them.

helen

The Second coming of Christ is also the End of the World!

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

The Second coming of Christ is also the End of the World!

as we know,

I like to think of it as a new beginning.

You know there is a solution.

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well it is the end so to speak we will have a thousands years of peace on earth and satan will be let loose for a short season and then judgement day... If I am not mistaken, it has been awhile since I've cracked open the bible :bnghd:

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Well it is the end so to speak we will have a thousands years of peace on earth and satan will be let loose for a short season and then judgement day... If I am not mistaken, it has been awhile since I've cracked open the bible :bnghd:

WE should start, I find after all these years I find new revelations, and understand things better then I did before, and with the world scene the way it is today, it really is a eye opener.

[edit on 053131p://bThursday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jan, 3 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Hi Strmdancer777/

About the 1,000 years?

Many people today don't really know what that means.
The early teachings clearly dismissed the idea of 'Chialism'

There it is said that an Angel descended from heaven and bound satan for a thousand years and that the souls of those beheaded for their witness of Jesus Christ and the word of God came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.
"This is the first resurrection," says the book of Revelation (Rev. 20:5).

"When the thousand years have expired,
Satan will be released from his prison and will go out to deceive the nations" (Rev. 20:7-8).
Soon there follows the judgment of the devil and of those who were deceived by him.
The dead will be raised up and judged according to their deeds: "... And anyone not found written in the Book of Life was cast into the lake of fire … This is the second death" (Rev. 20:14-15).

The first Resurrection of the dead occured immediately after the Resurrection of Christ!
There was no other way that 'man' could be restored to their former(prior to SIN.causing man to be away from God)selves, except that God reconciling man to God through the Son of God.
The second Resurrection is that which after those that died after Christs Resurrection.
The ministary of Christ's Word has now been over 2 thousand years...(Revelation and numbers?...a thousand years as a day with the Lord...also remember the Prophetic Words of Noah...He was also not believed that a World Flood would come)
Therefore the second resurrection is also the day God will Judge the world according to what is written.
The Earth will be changed, but not as we know Life is now.
The Apocalypse(Revelation)describes the earth as being one whole Church.....

The CREED..and His Kingdom shall have no End ........there is no later change to what happens after 'Judgement Day.
No end....no counting down to further years.

also a babtism signifies a kind of DEATH and Re Birth......"Awake, you who sleep, arise from the dead, and Christ will give you light … You are risen with Christ" (Eph 5:14; Col. 3:1 and 2:12; Eph. 2:5-6)
"For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality" (1 Cor 15:53)
The Earth will have no need for a SUN.....
No need for food......immortal.
Also.........As the book of Revelation describes: "they shall neither hunger anymore nor thirst anymore;
the sun shall not strike them,
nor any heat; for the Lamb who is in the midst of the throne will shepherd them and lead them to living fountains of water.
And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes."
It will be as the prophet Isaiah summarizes: "Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man The things which God has prepared for those who love Him" (Rev. 7:16-17; Is. 64:4; 1 Cor. 2:9).

helen

posted on Jan, 4 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   
It will be a wonderful time indeed

posted on Feb, 11 2008 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Everytime i open any new religious texts i find that i learn something new.

It all has to do with point of reference. My experiences provide me an ever changing point of reference, which helps me to slowly unveil the mysteries of life.

I only hope to live long enough to finely see it in its full beauty

I don't think i have ever posted on BTS. There are a lot more emoticons to choose from.

I mean, how cool is:

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join