It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

False Pregnancy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I experienced a false pregnancy from June 2006 to March 2007 and now I am experiencing my second false pregnancy. Can anyone who has experienced this medical issue before give me their thoughts on this? Also, can anyone who hasn't experienced this provide their ideas on the matter? And lastly I have been searching for spiritual answer...could Mary, mother of Jesus, experienced the same thing?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Well, they call them "phantom pregnancies."

A phantom, or false pregnancy, is a condition in which a non-pregnant woman exhibits all the classic symptoms of pregnancy and is firmly convinced that she is pregnant even when clear medical evidence shows that she is not. The medical term for this condition is pseudocyesis.

Source

Let me ask you a question. Do you have a strong desire to be pregnant?

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeakerofTruth

I would love to have a child but I am not obessed with it.

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Well, the reason why I asked that question is because the mind is a pretty strange thing. It can cause anomalies within the human body. I am sure you have heard the phrase "thinking yourself sick," and such.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 04:10 AM
link   
Have you been checked over physically to see if there is not something wrong with you.
Has there been a change in stress, sleep, eating, drug intake or reason for changes in your moods?

Sometimes after I eat I feel pregnant and my wife taps my belly and says "there's the little baby"...yeah I'm man :-)

I'm sure there is a specific forum out there with people who experience this stuff.

However the internet is not the best place to take care of your mind and body.

If you really would love to have a child, and you've got the other set of tools for making one hanging around the house, go for it. Its always a good time trying.

The false pregnancies are probably caused by hormones, your body is probably screaming "Hey shouldn't we be pregnant by now? Well lets just practice so we know what to do when it happens. Every hormone ready, baby drill!"

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Firstly, I don't think this explains Mary, since she actually had a child

Meanwhile, I experienced the "symptoms" of pregnancy knowing full well I wasn't. Within 3 months I appearred 5 months pregnant. I had cysts on my ovaries pumping massive amounts of hormones into by body. Got rid of them - problem solved. (oh by the way, since this was a recurring problem I did not just have the cysts removed, because others would just come later, so I finally had enough and just got rid of the ovaries entirely).

I am surprised nothing abnormal is showing on your ultrasound assuming you had one. If there are any cysts, it would blow my mind that your Dr. has not put two and two together.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Have you thought it could be hormonal...... i get large tender breasts and bloating, like i do when i'm pregnant just before a period. Also how do you know it's a false pregnancy. Have you been to a doctor and had a test done ?? has he checked your hormone levels ???

new topics

top topics

join