It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Once Prophecy starts or an Alien Invasion, all communication is lost. Now convince people...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Imagine you have been reading ATS for a while and maybe not sure if some things are true. On the other hand what if you know full well what to expect or have an idea and it turns out true.

But the Internet is down, TV is lost, Radio is jammed some how, (maybe not) and communication lost, and maybe lighting too.

No one knows what is going on but the Earth is behaving weirdly or the last thing on live TV was a real paranormal event before stations went offline.

How would people be able to convince that these things are going on if no one believes you. You can save many along the way but people just think you are mad, it's a bit of bad state really for man if that was the case. But Jesus speaks about these things anyway, but the only thing to help you is the Bible to show people what is going on. Because as a book it won't rely on electric and a flick of the page you can warn people.

But let's say it did happen and half of ATS will agree what to expect, the problem is none of us will know each other after transmission has gone.
We will be the people left to help, in this situation and if it does then let religion guide you because that will be the only thing that will convince people.

[edit on 23-12-2007 by The time lord]

[edit on 23-12-2007 by The time lord]

posted on Dec, 23 2007 @ 05:44 PM
link   

We will be the people left to help, in this situation and if it does then let religion guide you because that will be the only thing that will convince people.

Well.... I think, I would take the chance to tell people not to follow religion, but to start over in harmony with nature and fellow humans.

Instead of going back to the controlling religious systems, that where a major part in us getting in such bad shape to start with, I would suggest people to look at the situation as a new start, to do things different.

Since i was brought up in a very mild christian faith, I would maybe start to tell people the truth about christianity, much like this:

The church did not grow large through faith, virtue and truth, rather through mass exterminations, torture, deception, legalism and by "force of the sword," as the religion of the state of Rome. People were forced to accept this unbelievable "historically literal" doctrine or, be put to death by the church's armies and henchmen.

Since that time millions of people have been murdered in the name of jesus, by the catholic church alone.
All the strong willed people who rejected and opposed this religious fraud have been slaughtered over the past two millennia and now the weak sheeple who are left, blindly accept their so-called faith, with well bred docility.
The church "culled the herd" with great success. Giordano Bruno was even burned to death by them for saying essentially what I am writing here, that the universe as we know it, is the opposite of what the authorities are telling us it is.
Therefore the hell the priests and corporations have created for us can be reversed and we only need to reverse our thinking and proceed 180 degrees in the opposite direction, into the arms of nature and her eternal abundance.

The day we Earthlings can admit that no one knows a special hidden god, and that this secret god does not talk especially to them with special revelations of their " self proclaimed divinity" for humanity, is the day we can all pursue the great mystery of life, acting with our own virtue, for the sake of finding, our own truth and our own way to paradise.

And, without the threats of hell-fire and brimstone, from the priest craft who represent the angry, vindictive, archaic and boring, tribal gods, prophets and demons which dominate the minds of the masses, inhabiting this planet, presently.

I do not believe that people would only be convinced by following religion, I actually hope they would open their eyes to what religion really is. That way we could start over and live in harmony with nature and ourselfes, trying to build a world where all are equal.

Peace

Edit:
I believe in everyones right to believe in what they choose, but when a thread like this saying: "Once Prophecy starts or an Alien Invasion, all communication is lost. Now convince people..." and then starts to preach about religion being the salvagion, i just have to make a counteract. This is not personal and this is not meant as a preach.
If the actual scenario happened I have no idea what i would do, but to just keep on living actually...

[edit on 23-12-2007 by Bluess]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Good question Timelord, I've been thinking about this to.
If this all happens, I think people will come to those, like you and myself, who have been speaking of these events beforehand, because only then they will be able to see that you know more of what is happening, cause they won't be able to explain those events with their old views that prevented them from understanding and believing you in the first place.
Yet, some people won't even believe you as it happens, and there is no use in trying to convince them.
I'm not sure about the religion thing, these events couldn't be explained by religion, religion is part of the cover up (no offense), and if anything, such events would probably destroy a lot of peoples' religious views.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:45 AM
link   
First of all, how would YOU know what is really happening globally?
Why panic when the power grid fails, or someone nukes a DNS hub out there somewhere?

Unless there were UFO's in the sky, or Jesus was dancing on a cloud singing Black Sabbath songs, or some other obvious event, there is no way to know for sure what is happening until someone tells you.

In the event of global crisis its not your job to save anyone but yourself and your family, and maybe a couple of other people for genetic diversity. After that, everyone else is potentially your next meal, or bait for your next meal, or compost for next winters supply of meals.

Don't cry, survive.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by The time lord

Eh forget them. Save who is willing to listen. Let the rest die. I'm harsh like that.
Might do wonders towards cleaning up the gene pool besides.

[edit on 26-12-2007 by WraothAscendant]

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I would certainly agree with some of the posters that your first priority would be to ensure your own survival and protect. What good are you dead?

With no access to outside communication, people who travel will in the first instance become the news outlets but will things fall as quickly as well think. Why should the postage service fail? After all we had the ability to deliver mail for hundreds of years before modern technology so I would see written mail as a means to communicate.

I would suspect that some people would turn to religion to seek some security and guidance as to what is going on, and to be brutal, organisated religion would be well placed to fill this need, after all, they are located in all our communities and typically already have networks set up to communicate with people. Just think how many religious properties there are in your locality?

I would see a return to the local paper and power would rest with those who control the media, so getting a local paper out would be a key requirement and again, just think of the organisational network around your local church, temple, etc....

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Guess it does sound like a WW2 situation and man will be able to communicate outside electronics anyway as posters have said.

I guess the confusion in all this will be that people will see an Alien invasion if Biblical events such as signs in the sky occur, whilst Christians might see it as some type of fake Messiah that wants to rule the world.

In Biblical terms these events won't happen in terms of losing communication because for a false Messiah may need to fool the people, he will need TV or the internet to worship his image and bring his message across. But the Bible states that everyone will see events globally as the whole world will be astonished and to do that you need TVs to show people.

But then again lets say something different happened like a typical Hollywood invasion then all hope in God will go out of the window and it's now down to survival. The invasion as the recent movie suggests could be from within. What if people are being psychically used or demonic controlled from within?
I mean Aliens would rather do that show their ugly faces after all, I just hope in situations like that people see it some how and maybe the movies can teach us a thing or two if survival is needed.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Also the Bible speaks about some supernatural invasion where people will gain powers to decieve others but those powers are that can be seen by the eye.

MATTHEW 24:
21For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

22And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

23Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.

24For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.

25Behold, I have told you before.

26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.

27For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.

28For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

29Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Every one expects somethings, every major religion expects something from the Sky to reveal to us. People expect also UFOs or first contact at some point as science and media suggests.

But in all things we should not listen in ignorance for when they say come in and join us, because as we were once taught, never speak to strangers and especially those who want to take you to their home to see some puppies.

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Time Lord I think you answered your own '?'>>
In Biblical terms these events won't happen in terms of losing communication because for a false Messiah may need to fool the people, he will need TV or the internet to worship his image and bring his message across.

But many ham operators I know have their own generators and quite a network of contacts...So those would also have to be jammed(which could of course be done).

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 04:36 PM
link   
If the only observable thing was that power went out, all police departments would immediately be mobilized to maintain some sort of order (e.g. assist with traffic). When those at home find out there is neither light nor communication, they may panic and rush to the nearest stores to obtain supplies. But since there's no power, there will be no selling. As such, if there isn't any control at the entrance or exits, self-preservation will become a priority: people will start grabbing things off shelves. When the North East black-out occurred a few years ago, Bronx store owners immediately locked up. The few that were brave enough to remain open did so under the strictest circumstances: only one customer was allowed into the store at a time.

An alien invasion would be very different, I'm sure -- but we should think of what circumstances would influence such an attack. An interplanetary attack would require a huge amount of resources; for instance, our aggressors would require an air force the size of a fair-sized country. In order to mount such an attack, their end-purpose would have to be fully justifiable. If they are after minerals, what we have on Earth isn't unique, and can be found elsewhere in the Universe at less cost. If their purpose was simply to destroy us, we'd be gone long before one could turn to the book of Genesis. This is because we haven't encountered signs of ET life: if they found us first, and came here to destroy us, I'm sure they would be very prepared.

To step out on a further limb, I think it would take a coalition of planets to attack another planet -- unless we have the misfortune of encountering a race that is its own army.

We should realistically look at the society we live in, and the values we have acquired through our interaction with it. There will be pressing needs that religion will do little to solve: perhaps, in the event of such a worldwide catastrophe, we'll quickly learn to start thinking as a species, instead of adherents of ideologies.
After all, we all live on the same planet, don't we?

[edit on 12/27/2007 by Mr Jackdaw]

posted on Dec, 27 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Reply to above:

You made some good points and maybe things are not as Holywood-esque
as it could be. But the only other invasion is spiritual I guess and being attacked in that way as the taking of souls and curruption.

Maybe abductions are soul abductions and soul torturing of some part in a Biblical sense. Maybe these outer body experiences in UFOs are temporary and can not go on for too long.

As far from other life forms I guess the Hindu's have many Gods and speak of many types that are out there. But the next level may not be of the flesh evolusion but of the spirit and soul reaching mayber higher and better universe where maybe these beings exist.

In terms of the first post, I guess I have answered for my self if anything, but I hope like any disaster it does not have to be Aliens, I think man can rekindle him self, we fight to survive and our Bodies are probably better than most other species out there anyway.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:24 PM
link   
What you are saying is a good point. It is not far (in fact it could be a metaphor) from reality, here and elsewhere. How can we convince a world that has accustomed itself to willful ignorance (for gain at others loss) of the truth that there are not just problems, but, solutions to. A lot of talk goes no where (Note to those monitoring this site, this is not to advocate violence or in any way incite your attention). It is my opinion that history repeats itself, because, the majority suffers from a "Freudian" death instinct (not necessarily their own, but, in terms of recklessness, nihilism, violence, self-mutilation, etc), due to their lack of empathy for others. Look at the way people treat others, not a judgment of "good" or "bad," but, of being able to look at things from a variety of angles, have experience of the things they discuss, can they understand others and value life as precious. The "majority is in the stasis of competing minorities, whose greed, violence, and destruction sways them more than their compromises, peaceful or creative ideas. All we can really do is work on (educate, train, et al.) ourselves, reach out to others, and be patient with others, knowing that there are immense forces behind their paradigms.

posted on Dec, 28 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I would also like to point out that there are those who came to ATS looking for a community that would accept their ideas and share the unknown, that would collaborate on "finding the truth." Then (especially within the last four years) there are those who were turned on to or stumbled upon the site and are tourists looking for a way to pass the time (not an insult). Then there are the third type of course (you wouldn't know about them)

by the way be very careful of anyone who is always or must be right. To paraphrase a popular political figure, "the ability to make a mistake is the first freedom." (There are many more reasons than this to be wary of these individuals).

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Basically the modern day example is trying to convince the governmenst and other people of the Lies and curruption of why 9/11 and war on Terror in iraq had no basis for. People are trying to convince that 9/11 was an inside job, but who believes? No political party will ever say that to an opposition.

Then this leaves with the question, if lets say a localised event happens not worldly but just in your country, who will hear you? who would care? You will find support here but when your country is at war or something different happens that communication is lost because of it how would people react? My guess is that people will just let it roll on, they will speak about it and nothing happens. Some one suggested in a Post to raid Area 51 with millions of people.

The truth is, we have become so unconvinced of the supernatural and conspiracies being untrue that there is no fight in people. This is the biggest stumbling block.

posted on Jan, 1 2008 @ 11:56 AM
link   
But again if there are evil forces out there, there probably not enough to over throw the world anyway and they won't try another World war because they will lose. So as many conspiratitors have suggested, It's a silent war and a new tactic is being based on taking over our freedoms.

[edit on 1-1-2008 by The time lord]

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:07 AM
link   
26Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not

heh heh..kinda sounds like the government getting people to go into the D.U.M.B.s during nibirus decent

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by WraothAscendant

I'm inclined to agree, I mean, after all this time of calling us kooks, now the rubber has hit the road, in this scenario, and the time for "please believe me" is over. Those who will listen will be the ones you can work with. Under such dire circumstances, will you really have time to sit and debate with someone who doesn't even believe their own eyes and ears?

Freedom, I'm thinking that if the power/communication grids go down, the ensuing panic and whatever immediate threat has taken it down will likely not allow for local mail pick-up/delivery (how will they fuel the delivery trucks?), nor the flights to take off and land (remember airport/towers rely on electricity) which rush mail across the country/world in a matter of days, which is how a lot of mail is delivered . . . the Pony Express method of postal service did do the trick prior to modern-tech, but my first guess would be that the USPS is not prepared to enact that in the short term. Once the grid does finally go back up after whatever took it down at this level, the world is likely to be a very different place than we recognize today.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In a situation like that i wonder what all the natural skeptics will do, when all the possible information will be resumed by "tales from a voyager"...

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
They will surely come to ATS find all our accounts and send us letters of sincere apollogy ;P

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 08:52 PM
link   
If it's the rapture, they will find out why so many people on ATS have also gone and they will back track what we said and save them selves, hopefully ATS can help in that way too.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join