It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop's demand citizenship proof in Arizona from all citizens

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enthralled Fan
reply to post by Rasobasi420

The police can ask anyone for identification at any time. If you are a witness to a crime you are asked for identification. If you happen to not have any, well, then, bye, bye back to wherever you came from.

The quote above is a perfect example of one that has no basis in reason or the law. It is totally wrong in it's implications. For example:

Sure, the police can ASK for anything they like: BUT, there is NO LAW that says that we have to have it, or give it to them!! Understand? If you do not have any ID, then legally there is nothing they can do. They cnanot deport you, or arrest you, merely because you do not prove to THEIR satisfaction some information they wish to have. Their ' wishes' are NOT our commands!!

How would anyone know where someone came from to send them back to if they had no papers and refused to talk without an attorney? Perhaps next time you might put a little more thought into your opinion making: so far it makes no sense at all.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Maybe if the government wasn't spending so much of the tax payers money on taking care of illegal aliens, a police officer might be able to earn a decent wage to survive on.

Blame 'em for being bitter? I don't.

encarta.msn.com...

The government spends less than 3.9% of it's budget on education and social services. And the vast minority of that goes to illegal immigrants. What money are you talking about exactly?

[edit on 25-12-2007 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:36 PM
link   
The kind that Fox news says exists without any proof. The far right wingers always think that minorities are getting all kinds of things that of course is not true at all. The cop's are always lamenting about something..you would think that they were martyrs for all the griping they do..they get a paycheck and accept the terms so they need to get over the bit about them being so ' special ' in society. Idolizing cop's is sick.

Illegal aliens are ignored because the Repug corporate big money boys need cheap labor for maximum proifts so they can keep paying off politicians..its the American way!! They have no intention of cracking down on them: it is all show and smoke and mirrors: It is all part of the BIG GAME, and the sooner the people see this the sooner they will stop being fooled by the morons on TV>

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Why should any of the 3.9% of my tax dollars go to supporting illegal aliens? None of it should go to them. They are not citizens and entitled to anything, yet they manage to get it. Some here in the state of Louisiana get medicaid, which is free medical insurance. I had to drop mine from work because it became too expensive. Here's the kicker for ya, I work in a hospital emergency room. It irks me to no end!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I did put thought into what I said. I am sticking to it. You are correct in that you don't have to say anything, or show identification. They won't arrest you for that. They might arrest you for something else that they will make stick like hindering a police investigation. You know how that works.

Also, don't forget, you are not the only citizen that they are working for. They are working for me, as well, and every other tax payer. I think the majority of them do a fantastic job.

So, if you think they are that bad, and whatever policies they have in place, take it to their superiors, your state representative or the ACLU.

The reason you are here complaining, is because because you won't go through the proper channels with your complaints. Why won't you do that? Because they might just watch out for you a little closer!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I did put thought into what I said. I am sticking to it. You are correct in that you don't have to say anything, or show identification. They won't arrest you for that. They might arrest you for something else that they will make stick like hindering a police investigation. You know how that works.

Also, don't forget, you are not the only citizen that they are working for. They are working for me, as well, and every other tax payer. I think the majority of them do a fantastic job.

So, if you think they are that bad, and whatever policies they have in place, take it to their superiors, your state representative or the ACLU.

The reason you are here complaining, is because because you won't go through the proper channels with your complaints. Why won't you do that? Because they might just watch out for you a little closer!

What? Are you serious? I have no specific incident to report: Are you saying that stating my opinion to the cop's is going to change anything? Give me a break and enter reality. If I have a specific issue, believe me I will notify the appropriate agency, and sue if need be. Are you saying that compalining about police in general to anyone would get any attention? Another proof you are not thinking this thru.

And, you are again saying that the police, whom you admire so, WILL break the law and falsely arrest, for ' hindering an investigation' or some other improper use of the law. That is false arrest and no more legal than arresting you for not showing ID. Yoiu cannot simply charge someone with one law because there is no law that covers the act!! Thats insane and totally illegal!! And you support this crap? Unreal. No respect for the law at all.

At least you recognize the reality: you admit that the cop's will abuse the process and file false charges to make a point or harrass a citizen if they do not ' cooperate ' to the satisfaction of the cop. you are right, they will do that sometims and the only way to respond is to file a Federal civil rights lawsuit against the cop and get damgaes for his illegal actions. Poor people who cannot afford a lawyer or cannot do a pro se lawsuit are stuck: victims of the corrupt cop's who file falsely. Its a shame, but true.

Proper channels? What are the proper channels to get institutional corruption fixed?? Thats really funny. Complain to the ' proper channels ' and watch police suddenly stop falsely arresting and falsely testifying and abusing the law to punsih the people they suspect of being ' illegal ' human beings. once again, and not ONE of you cop lovers have answered this yet: Are you saying that you support the false filing of charges against people to punsih them for ' non compliance ' with some request of a cop is justified? Are you saying that asking people in this nation to prove their legitmacy on the streets based on their color or appearance is right?

If so, you are a bigot, plain and simple, and care nothing for our Constitution or the rule of law..shame on you if that is the case: You are a bad American and a bad person as well. You CANNOT morally or legally justify the misuse of the law to try and fix a problem that has roots that go far deeper than what you can reach on the streets. If you cannot see THAT, then perhaps more reading and study would improve your view of the subject. Redneck thinking and illegal arrests are never the way to make things better. Cop's are NOT neutral, they are partisan, for themselves, and the sooner you see this the better.

Their agenda is not ours, and if you think it is, you need some illuminating.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Why thanks. Yes, I am aware of how the system works. I would just like to add that if you don't do anything wrong, then you don't have anything to ever worry about then, do you?

You make it sound as if police have a whole lot of free time on their hands to just randomly select people to harass. They just sit around in squad cars eating jelly donuts watching people pass by, waiting for some unsuspecting person they decide is in need of a shake down to show up. Is that it?

They just love to spend hours on end writing up ficticious charges on people that they just decided to pick on for no reason!

Oh, and they really enjoy having to devote a few days a month in court just so they can visit again with the people who have done nothing wrong.

When they are really bored, they talk an illegal alien into shooting a police officer just to prove a point, and to instill fear into the population as a means of control!

Did I leave a conspiracy out that you have thought of?

You, I am finished with, as you are now rabid about the topic, and hurling personal insults.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:20 AM
link   

reply to post by scientist

How has the mentality of "if you've got nothing to hide," eroded our rights? It seems to me the only people who would have a problem with this are people who have something to hide.

i think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. I have a huge problem with feeling as though I always need to be prepared to prove myself to some cop having a bad day. Plus, need I remind you this country's tendency to pass a law about something, but then use it to do much more than originally intended?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Why thanks. Yes, I am aware of how the system works. I would just like to add that if you don't do anything wrong, then you don't have anything to ever worry about then, do you?

You make it sound as if police have a whole lot of free time on their hands to just randomly select people to harass. They just sit around in squad cars eating jelly donuts watching people pass by, waiting for some unsuspecting person they decide is in need of a shake down to show up. Is that it?

They just love to spend hours on end writing up ficticious charges on people that they just decided to pick on for no reason!

Oh, and they really enjoy having to devote a few days a month in court just so they can visit again with the people who have done nothing wrong.

When they are really bored, they talk an illegal alien into shooting a police officer just to prove a point, and to instill fear into the population as a means of control!

Did I leave a conspiracy out that you have thought of?

You, I am finished with, as you are now rabid about the topic, and hurling personal insults.

Of course you are finished, because you never addressed any of my valid points at all and just hide behind your ' opinions ' as to how things really work, and you are wrong, as usual. You said :

" Yes, I am aware of how the system works. I would just like to add that if you don't do anything wrong, then you don't have anything to ever worry about then, do you?"

Ha ha ha!! Tell that to the HUNDREDS of people released from custody after proving they were innocent. Tell it to the THOUSANDS of people that file and WIN lawsuits against the police every year for FALSE ARREST, PERJURY and other abuses of the system. Being innocent is NO guarantee that the cop's will leave you alone. None. MANY people are arrested falsely and if you are not aware of that, then you truly are not worth educating any more, as you do not WANT to know the truth.

Here is a way to educate you a little: Google ' Police Misconduct ' and read for a few hours, if you have the stomach for it. You will see that it is COMMON for pig filth to falsely arrest, beat and abuse and improperly charge people with crimes. There are cop's sitting in prison right now for murder of innocents, torture of innocents, etc. Are you saying that these scum are not guilty as charged? Are you saying it didn't happen?

There is massive, indesputable proof that people are abused and falsely arrested in this nation every day, all the time . Lawyers make entire careers suing cop's for their evil deeds, and proving them guilty. Ever hear of the Chicago police? Hmm? Ever hear of the torture cases there? If not you are grossly uninformed and that may explain your rabid loyalty to the abusers of the public, and your denial of their bad intentions.

The PROOF is beyond dispute, and you know it. You cannot defend the illegal actions of cop's, so you imagine that they do not exist. How droll..how uninformed. you are assuming facts NOT in evidence: Cop's ENJOY harrassing people they dislike for any reason, and they abuse their authority all the time. Massive proofs exist, and are easily findable, if you look. But it is so much easier to just believe the lies that accept the truth, and so you deliver empty imaginings as I deliver the hard cold facts. You lose.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 09:02 AM
link   

This same argument was used by the Nazis and the USSR. I suppose you have no fear of the US turning into a similar state. This is a false dichotomy where you are forced to have only two options, you're either innocent, and you shouldn't mind the search, or you are guilty and that's why you don't want to be searched. There is a third option that you don't even consider. I don't know if it's because you don't understand what the third option could be after years of limited freedoms, or if you identified it and hope we others won't.

Would you mind someone watching you through your window while you made love to your wife? Or while you read stories to your children? Or while you celebrated Christmas with your family? Why? If you've got nothing to hide...

The "nothing to hide" argument in and of itself completely contradicts the innocent until proven guilty concept that this country was founded on. If you don't understand that, then you are no patriot.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I grew up in the Chicago burbs. I also lived right down the street from Wrigley Field from the age of 17 until I was 23. I am quite familiar with the Chicago police.

They were always very nice to me whenever I had dealings with them. I used to have bomb threats left on my car from the FALN ( a few of us white people did, as at the time most of the neighborhood was comprised of Puerto Ricans.)

The coppers would show up, get in my car and start it for me. They appreciated the hot cup of coffee I had waiting for them on some very cold Chicago mornings.

During baseball games or on snowy days where my car was plowed in, I would instead take the bus to work so as not to loose a parking space. The bus stop was a block and half away from my house and located right in front of the local precinct. Since many of the officers had alread come over to start my car on the bomb threat days, they knew me. When I would get off the bus after work, and if it was dark out, and they saw me, they would either walk me home, or give me a lift.

Of course it helps that I am a female, blond and cute, but I never had a problem with any Chicago cop!

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   

I really would not mind being questioned by the police if there was ever a need to be, because I have nothing to hide. They are just trying to do their job, so it doesn't bother me.

As far as anybody watching me through my windows? I have these fancy gadgets in my house called drapes. They are closed during intimate moments and when it is dark enough outside for the inside of my home to be lit up like a stage. I also have a couple of watchdogs, and a couple of guns. I just dare anybody to even attempt looking in my windows! It will be possibly the last thing they ever do if I catch them.

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
In most places people are routinely carded when they go into a bar. It's probably the right thing to do, to curb underage drinking and all. I personally don't mind showing my ID even having to carry it is a little inconvenient.

This country is pretty much being invaded by people who cross the border illegally in huge, simply huge numbers. It's not "business as usual". If police must act to help enforce the immigration laws, more power to them. You are talking about freedom? How about my freedom to keep my neighborhood NOT overpopulated with people who violate local housing codes, and my freedom to NOT finance the overextended budget of the local school district with my taxes, which are already very high? My freedom to see that the wages are not undercut? My freedom to keep the healthcare costs in check?

posted on Dec, 26 2007 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I will bet you are white and middle class.Of course the cop's are not going to abuse you for no reason at all: that happens but it is rare. What is NOT rare is the TORTURE and abuse of prisoners, suspects, people who were grabbed by some cop and hauled to the station to sweat and torture.

You say you know Chicago? Then surely you are aware of the lawsuits and controversy over the institutional abuse that takes place there and has forever. you must have read about the electric shocks, the beatings, the injuries to people who the cop's wanted a confession ' from. Just because you have never been victimized by the cops' does NOT IN ANY WAY, SHAPE OR FORM mean that it does not happen, now does it? It just means that it did not happen to YOU, thats all. It CANNOT be denied: It is fact, proven fact that there has been horrific abuse of people by the filthy scum pig's in Chicago and every other city in this nation.

Of course you will not google ' police misconduct ' or ' police killings ' and read the sickening stories, all true, about the incredible abuses that cop's committ every day. Somewhere right now, some cop is abusing some person, guaranteed. A lawsuit for civil rights violations and police abuse is filed every few minutes. Many will besettled out of court: The cops HATE to be facing a jury: They are trained liars, but when they are on the other side of the fence they hate to be facing a good attorney and not be able to perjure their way out of another case.

Cops shopuld be kept on a very short leash, with civilian oversight, and they should be required to be videotaped all the time they are in contact with the public, and audio as well, to prove that what they are doing is legal: They are notorious for perjury so a record is always needed to insure that the cop is telling the truth: Their word is worth dirt.

Worship the jackboots if you wish, but as for me and mine, we will keep trying to insure that the abuses and crimes of the cops are not accepted as right or good: They are not, and MOST cop's the vast MAJORITY, WILL lie on the stand, and they will arrest falsely to prove a point and show they are the bosses of us all; it happens every day, all day. to deny it or ignore it is beyond ridiculous.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join