It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cop's demand citizenship proof in Arizona from all citizens

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

How has the mentality of "if you've got nothing to hide," eroded our rights? It seems to me the only people who would have a problem with this are people who have something to hide.

The problem is, that people who are illegal aliens have gotten away with it because, once they get into this country, they can blend in with everybody else, unquestioned.

Ufortunately, most of the illegals in the US do have a specific racial background, or at least the ones from south of the border do.

If it takes an officer of the law, by way of instruction, to racially profile, well then, that is what they have to do. Here is an idea, if the people who are here from south of the border illegally don't like it, they can just stay home!

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Enthralled Fan

I've got nothing to hide, and I've got a major problem with this. What about Puerto Ricans who moved to Arizona? Are they now second class citizens because of their racial background?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I'm happy to hear they're "carding" people for citizenship. It's about frickin' time. Too little, too late though. The hoards are already here.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Why does no one seem to be upset that the police are now asking for proof that individuals didn't commit a crime? The logic is backwards if you ask me. And if we were overrun by illegal Canadians I'd bet my bottom dollar that there would be an uproar every time that a white person was asked to prove that they were an American citizen.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Why does no one seem to be upset that the police are now asking for proof that individuals didn't commit a crime? The logic is backwards if you ask me. And if we were overrun by illegal Canadians I'd bet my bottom dollar that there would be an uproar every time that a white person was asked to prove that they were an American citizen.

Canadians aren't sucking the country dry. Hey you Canucks, come on over.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Hypothetical buddy. If they were, you'd be in an uproar if you were forced to prove you were innocent of a crime.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Pretty smooth, the way your government turned up the heat. Considering that your illegal immigration problem started because they (the government) ignored calls to secure the border.

I had thought it was not possible with the US. I guess anything is possible these days

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

Yeah, I get the hypothetical. Point is, it ain't the Canadians' style.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's not the Puerto Rican's style either. Should they be punished?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:17 PM
link   

It's not the Puerto Rican's style either. Should they be punished?

Maybe they should vote to become a state. Personally, since they've turned down statehood twice, I think we should cut them loose. As far as I'm concerned, they're not citizens either.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Good thing for everyone you're not in charge of who is, and who isn't an American Citizen. As far as I'm concerned, you're not a citizen because you refuse the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". a

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Good thing for everyone you're not in charge of who is, and who isn't an American Citizen. As far as I'm concerned, you're not a citizen because you refuse the concept of "innocent until proven guilty". a

Born here. You sound jealous.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PrplHrt

Why, do I sound illegal?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Some people just have no respect for the rule of law. These people support the cop's demanding that WE prove that WE are innocent. The burden of proof is always on the accuser. frustration with the governments failure to secure the borders does NOT justify emotional responses to legal issues. We as people lose every time that happens.

Can't you see the obvious? The government fails to make sure that illegals have a hard time getting into this nation and staying here..and working here. Then, the inevitable happens and some crime occurs to stir up the emotions and politicians..and then more repressive measures are used to ' protect us ' from the very conditions created ON PURPOSE by the planners of the future who have the control.

They KNOW that there are many people, like some here, who are too shallow to see the big picture, the legal and social ramifications, the dangers of increased police power, and thus they continue the taking of our rights, bit by bit. First they demand proof of our legality..then when that is not good enough, they will find some other draconian measures to ' protect us ' from the manufactured threats. Simple. So few Americans have any real depth of intellectual determination and see all issues simply as to how they are personally affected and not the reactions in the future.

All this started because some cop got shot: If it had been you or me..too bad. But let one of the exalted cop's get it, and drastic measures are coming. Its all an excuse, of course, but they have to have SOME reason to make sure we are under control and bowing down to them. Intimidation is the name of the game with cop's: They are supposed to be our SERVANTS, to be dismissed when not needed, and expected to do the job they collect a paycheck every week for if they are needed, all without grand illusions of their superiority in the scheme of things. What kind of society idolizes cop's? Fascist dictatorships, thats what, and thats what we are headed toward, all with the happy cooperation of the people who cannot see the forest for the trees.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

Yup. Yup. That's what I mean by smooth. Straight out from a classic text:
    These principalities are liable to danger when they are passing from the civil to the absolute order of government, for such princes either rule personally or through magistrates. In the latter case their government is weaker and more insecure, because it rests entirely on the goodwill of those citizens who are raised to the magistracy, and who, especially in troubled times, can destroy the government with great ease, either by intrigue or open defiance; and the prince has not the chance amid tumults to exercise absolute authority, because the citizens and subjects, accustomed to receive orders from magistrates, are not of a mind to obey him amid these confusions, and there will always be in doubtful times a scarcity of men whom he can trust. For such a prince cannot rely upon what he observes in quiet times, when citizens had need of the state, because then every one agrees with him; they all promise, and when death is far distant they all wish to die for him; but in troubled times, when the state has need of its citizens, then he finds but few. And so much the more is this experiment dangerous, inasmuch as it can only be tried once. Therefore a wise prince ought to adopt such a course that his citizens will always in every sort and kind of circumstance have need of the state and of him, and then he will always find them faithful.

Nicolò Machiavelli
    "The Prince"
    Chapter IX - Concerning A Civil Principality

Hence why you should always remember your classics. Nothing is new under the Sun when it comes to society. New terms, new technologies, maybe. But ideas and principles -- they're all rehashed from the old, repackaged and rebranded.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Nope. Not if they have documentation to be here. If they have it, why should this bother them?

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   

The police can ask anyone for identification at any time. If you are a witness to a crime you are asked for identification. If you happen to not have any, well, then, bye, bye back to wherever you came from.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
And who are THEY exactly? Hmm? All brown and foreign or Mecian looking people? So you are saying really that all darkies should not mind proving to the cop's that they belong here, is that right? you know aht that is, don't you? it is racial and national bigotry, and a danger to us all. WHY on earth should WE, or anyone else, be ASSUMED to be here illegally if no reason to believe that exists, other than COLOR and APPEARANCE? It is wrong, all the way around.

We should mind because when they can do that to them, they can do it to us. Also, what if a person is not carrying proof of citizenship? What then? Haul them in until they can prove they are a resident? My God, what kind of idiocy is this? There is NO LAW, people, that requires ANYONE, legal or not, to carry written ID so that the stormtroopers can demand it for any and all reasons. That is unAmerican and fascistic.

I guess that since it will only be the Latino looking people that will be harrassed and illegally treated doesn't bother you, huh? After all, if they are unfortunate enough to be what they are, then they should be happy to prove that they are ' approved ' human beings..eh? Is that right? That is what it sounds like from the post above. Sure, we should all be HAPPY to sing and dance and shuffle so the Man can make sure that we are all in line..right? Prove your status..consent to a search..shine my jackboots..it's all part of the program.

Racial profiling of Latino people will never be an effective way of stopping crime, and it will only alienate the people from the cop's, and destroy yet more basic legal protections; the few we have left should be gaurded, not discarded at the convenience of the cop's, of all people.

No profiling!! No bigotry!! No discrimination!! Never cooperate witrh the Police State measures being used today all over the nation: REFUSE all requests to search: NEVER give consent to any cop for any reason at any time. NEVER answer any, ANY questions asked by a cop without an attorneys advice first: If you ignore this, you will regret it. Cop's will twist your words and lie to get what they want from you. They cannot be trusted to be honest or truthful, as lying is part and parcel of their daily routine, regretably. And never allow yourself to be bullied into giving fingerprints voluntarily or to prove your innocence on the street: That is the business of the courts, NOT the cop's. End of story.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by eyewitness86

I don't idolize cops. I do hold them in high regard though, for the difficult job they have to do. They don't get paid enough to even be considered a servant as you call them, considering quite a few of them put their lives on the line every day.

Maybe if the government wasn't spending so much of the tax payers money on taking care of illegal aliens, a police officer might be able to earn a decent wage to survive on.

Blame 'em for being bitter? I don't.

posted on Dec, 25 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Do you carry identification at all times? I don't. If I'm walking somewhere, not driving, I never carry my wallet.

We're yet not required to carry ID at all times. That's the next step in this process.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join