It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange lines in syria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:30 AM
link   
hi there,

i was looking at the viewzone site when i came upon the strange image of large lines in the desert in Syria:

www.viewzone.com...

long and lat = 34 55 26 40 N 41 08 17 62 E

can anyone shed some light on what these are please ???

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
It looks like that stuff I think is in Europe with the ancient looking patterns of what looks like runways……just by speculation…..and looks sort of….microchip(y) if you know what I mean………

Crop circles? Is this on land or what……? Repetitive patterns…they’re not well done lines…..there are clear signs that the lines were not proportioned properly, as the lines swivel and curve……… I have no idea WTF they are……

Just a really bad attempt at a crop circle maybe…………

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
It looks like that stuff I think is in Europe with the ancient looking patterns of what looks like runways……just by speculation…..and looks sort of….microchip(y) if you know what I mean………

You mean the NASCA lines? in Peru?

www.unmuseum.org...

(fixed code)

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Jbird]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 11:02 AM
link   
yeah thanks…..that’s what I’m talking about….

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
andre18 Seriously, Europe? You young man need to research your ancient alien stuff more.

Anyhow, it looks familiar. Not sure what design it would be, maybe the tree of life?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Looks like dirt farming!

Maybe in Syria dirt is gold and this is the only way to make the best dirt!

HAHAHH no

I have no idea what it is

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I have no clue as to what it could be.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
very cool find. thank you for sharing it.

to me it reminds me of design forms and patterns traditional in various parts of the middle, known as 'paradise gardens'. the gardens themselves are designed based on the principle of the 'two rivers of paradise' and edenic iconology, but i am no expert. the pattern itself is commonly seen today in the spanish / moorish styled gardens typical in the south west.

Islamic Gardens

wiki paradise garden

islamic garden plan 1

islamic garden plan 2

i would share more images but it is hard to find good plans on the interwebs.
this pattern seen in the gardens is also seen in other design traditions in the region, my personal favorite example is the tile work.

Tile 1

tile 2

scroll through the 2nd link...some great pics of morocco.

Harvard Researcher on the Mathmatics of the Tile Work

Still, this is only what I am reminded of when I look at the pics provided in the OP. My first reaction is that it is oil pipes of some sort, based on the little circular (i assume buildings) on the lines at 25' O.C.

Then i keep looking and i can't make up my mind. it is very odd. i look forward to some more information on this.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Animal]

Edits for messed up order in the links....

[edit on 22-12-2007 by Animal]

posted on Dec, 24 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Maybe it's a giant long range ground antenna like what we have near where I live except bigger and prettier. It's called NAVSPASUR.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:23 AM
link   
I tried checking the area on google maps at 34 n 41 e in syria but it wouldn't let zoom in enough to see anything. It said it didn't have any photos of that area at the zoom specification. Weird.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 03:57 AM
link   
It looks like some kind of mining area.

Syria has mines/quarrys for rock salt, asphalt, basalt, gypsum and sandstone.

I don't know if the region checks out on any of these but may be worth looking into.

Looks like a large scale operation if this is the case.

posted on Aug, 16 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
hi there ,
OP here......
thanks or the posts and all the suggestions,

i am still no closer to finding out what the area is used for, and the lines still seem very strange,
the closest i have come to finding anything similar is a large aerial complex in mexico. it loks similar but a lot smaller.

any other suggestions from anyone ???

snoopyuk

top topics

join