It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Passion and the conspiracy, it makes me sick! *vomits*

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton

Originally posted by soothsayer
That is why you can hold a prism in a beam of light and get the spectrum. White light holds all lights, visible and non. Once again (again), the Blessed Mikromarius is doing homework from something other than books.

Is a white surface a lightsource? No. It cast away every photon which hits it. Black receives them and transforms it into heat.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Once again, I am proving myself, bowing sarcasticly to your feet which don't stink nor touch the ground. But first, a comment...

You were talking about black being the source of all colors, and now you are discussing black as heat... odd. Anyway...

www.tesd.k12.pa.us...

Why, look right there, along the right of the slide... Newton discovered white light to contain all colors!

imagers.gsfc.nasa.gov...

More proof that white creates colors. Shall we go into depth about "hot" colors and "cold" colors now? Naah... I'll save that for later.

Now, once again, on yet another thread, the great and all knowing Mik the Hamilton is asked to prove thyself... but, just as in the other threads... I doubt you will. What a funny pattern you have.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by soothsayer]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Gentlemen and ladies,
Does it really matter what colour our Lord and Saviour was? No I think not. I'd love Jesus if he was brown, black, yellow, orange, pink. We all bleed red my brothers.

I personally believe Jesus looked like the typical man of the area. Black curlish hair, olive or very tan complected man. Thin but strong, probably having about 5% body fat or so given the diet of the area.

Anywho, what matters is your relationship with Jesus and if you accept Him as your Salvation and Life, and if you try your hardest to live up to His ideals.

Mikro,
God commands us to make statues, here are some samples from the Bible on this:

Ex. 25:18�20: "And you shall make two cherubim of gold [i.e., two gold statues of angels]; of hammered work shall you make them, on the two ends of the mercy seat. Make one cherub on the one end, and one cherub on the other end; of one piece of the mercy seat shall you make the cherubim on its two ends. The cherubim shall spread out their wings above, overshadowing the mercy seat with their wings, their faces one to another; toward the mercy seat shall the faces of the cherubim be."

Another verse to support statues:

1 Chr. 28:18�19: "for the altar of incense made of refined gold, and its weight; also his plan for the golden chariot of the cherubim that spread their wings and covered the ark of the covenant of the Lord. All this he made clear by the writing of the hand of the Lord concerning it all, all the work to be done according to the plan."

David's plan for the temple included angel statues. Read Ezekiel 41:17�18 and you'll see more uses of statues.

Here is story of the religious use of statues too. God told Moses to "make [a statue of] a fiery serpent, and set it on a pole; and every one who is bitten, when he sees it shall live. So Moses made a bronze serpent, and set it on a pole; and if a serpent bit any man, he would look at the bronze serpent and live." (Num. 21:8�9).

This shows that statues can be used ritually and not just religious decorations.

Mikro do you have pictures of your relatives and friends? what do they do for you? They help you to be reminded of events or people in your life. It helps you remember. Catholics do the same statues, paintings, and other artistic things to recall the person or thing depicted. Catholics in the early Church used them as tools to help those who were illterate to teach as well.

God forbids the worship of images as gods, but he doesn�t ban the making of images. If he had, religious movies, videos, photographs, paintings, and all similar things would be banned. But, as the case of the bronze serpent shows, God does not even forbid the ritual use of religious images.

It is when people begin to adore a statue as a god that the Lord becomes angry. Thus when people did start to worship the bronze serpent as a snake-god (whom they named "Nehushtan"), the righteous king Hezekiah had it destroyed (2 Kgs. 18:4)."

The council of Nicaea said this about the sin of idoltry:

"T]he one who redeemed us from the darkness of idolatrous insanity, Christ our God, when he took for his bride his holy Catholic Church . . . promised he would guard her and assured his holy disciples saying, �I am with you every day until the consummation of this age.� . . . To this gracious offer some people paid no attention; being hoodwinked by the treacherous foe they abandoned the true line of reasoning . . . and they failed to distinguish the holy from the profane, asserting that the icons of our Lord and of his saints were no different from the wooden images of satanic idols."

The Council of Trent said idoltry is commited when "by worshipping idols and images as God, or believing that they possess any divinity or virtue entitling them to our worship, by praying to, or reposing confidence in them"

Hope this helps you out brother.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   
This movie is going to offend those who were offended by the last temptation of christ
go see it
im going to
i love god and jesus
i love the great masters who live in christ consciousness
destroy the ego and all else will follow
aum
peace
amen
amin
om

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 07:56 PM
link   
the bible's been around for, what, a few hundred years? the controversy is even more "graphic" and "biased" depending on your view of the text, so if you want a good debate, pick up the book.

i said that and someone said, "the movie is more accessable by most people"

well, my friends, you dont have to be 18 years of age with a valid ID to walk into a library. and you dont have to pay 7 dollars to read a book.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if idolizing figures is such a sin and people shouldnt honor statues, then what are you doing kneeling in front of a statue of jesus or wearing a cross? and why does the color matter? honestly, dont eevn mess around,, if you are white you instinctively think of a white man, if you are black you instinctively think of a black man, its human nature, not a big evil supremescist act. dont worry about it, its not like he can pull a michael jackson color change now.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Uh...the Bible was written a couple thousand ago...not hundred...all of them were put together, hm, I don't know the dates...but I am going to say 800 - 1,000...

The scriptures themselves were written a couple thousand years ago though..by the disciples..

-wD

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Scat,
I'm white I don't think Jesus is white.

Read again btw what I said about statues. Your not honouring the statue you are honouring the person it represents.

[Edited on 2-18-2004 by Cearbhall]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Uh...the Bible was written a couple thousand ago...not hundred...all of them were put together, hm, I don't know the dates...but I am going to say 800 - 1,000...

The scriptures themselves were written a couple thousand years ago though..by the disciples..

-wD

The Old Testament was written between 1450-1410 B.C. and the New Testament starts around 60-65 A.D.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:10 PM
link   
written***
pardon my mistake, i meant published and available to the masses, clarification error.

***another clarification error- instinctively when most people (at least anyone ive ever talked to about the issue or seen kindergarden drawings from) first learn the whole jesus schpeal they think of their race, but alot dont now. and hey think whatever race you want to. honestly, i dont care at all what race jesus was, he was a human. i honestly dont believe he was god, i think god's alot sneakier than sending someone saying "I AM GOD!" alot more subliminal....like magic 8 balls, wishes off dandelions, and fortune cookies. :-D

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
if im wrong about the dates again, i apologize, i didnt go study the publication dates of the bible and i should have. my mistake. you can still get my point without it.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:45 PM
link   
i got tickets to the movie for free. i do not take everthing that the bible says as the rock solid word of god because the old testament is mostly copied from ealier ancient text and lost some of its actual meaning in the interpretation through many different languages. and the new testament was orignally hebrew? correct me if i'm wrong. was king james the first person to have the bible translated into english???

if so i am certain he had it done in a manner that best suited and benefitted himself.

i do think though that the bible is a very important historical, moral, and spiritual book.

but most importantly i know that there is POWER in the name of and faith in Jesus Christ.

i have faced evil and faith in jesus saved me

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
well yeah, its been transcribed and things have been lost in translation, probably even changed. for example- (not from the bible, but still funny) in cinderella, the original version, its actually a fur slipper, but was mistaken for "glass" hahahha

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Hamilton -- I have a few questions for you. I have read these posts and I am a little troubled by a few things. Who exactly to do you claim to be? I am truly interested because you have indicated you have been waiting 2000 years for the return of "jesjuah." Have you been around for 2000 years? You have also dismissed any image of Christ that has been posted or described in this thread -- have you personally seen Christ? I am truly interested. Finally, I may have interpreted your postings incorrectly, but it appears as if you are judging those of us who have made a choice to view this film. It has always been my understanding and belief that none of us are in a position to judge one another -- that is left to God and God alone.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
well, my friends, you dont have to be 18 years of age with a valid ID to walk into a library. and you dont have to pay 7 dollars to read a book.

Ya like most things involving christianity...lol you have to pay to hear the word and to be saved...

Praise jesus...fill the basket with money too...of coarse so you can be saved

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Mikro,
God commands us to make statues, here are some samples from the Bible on this

I can just see it before me: "Mel! Behold God wants you to make a movie of how you personally believe God is, and how your church has taught you his Son was! This area isn't nearly as frustrating and chaotic as it is already. And when the daughter of Herod strips for the head of the Prophet, find someone with a couple of big hooters like in that film you did with Dany Glover. He likes that. And make him talk one of those Latin dialects you all speak nowdays. That would be just great, for then everyone living today will celebrate the same gods they accused Jesjuah of worshipping! Noone will notice...."

Wake up.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tnoel
Hamilton -- I have a few questions for you. I have read these posts and I am a little troubled by a few things. Who exactly to do you claim to be?

I am a young Caucasian male in my late twenties

Have you been around for 2000 years?

No, much longer. My spirit reaches into the highest Heaven and the deepest layers of the Unseen. The First and the Last knows me and has always known me. But 2000 years ago my Master left for a place I can't follow. I was born before the foundations of this world was layed down. Now I'm merely revisiting. And I was hoping I could make atleast one of you understand what you are all doing, and why Jesjuah was killed, and why it is all our fault, and that films like this one is the worst and most effective tools for the corruption of the Spirit.

have you personally seen Christ?

Yes, in many forms, but not physically. He is my Master and Priest. My King and God.

I am truly interested. Finally, I may have interpreted your postings incorrectly, but it appears as if you are judging those of us who have made a choice to view this film. It has always been my understanding and belief that none of us are in a position to judge one another -- that is left to God and God alone.

Me: "Don't jump into the volcanoe, you will be killed!"
You: "Who are you to judge me, only God can do that!"

Suit yourself. The Word of God judge you, not Hamilton or Mikromarius. Jesjuah said it all through his Angel and his prophets.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
"To Seth, to him also a son was born; and he called his name Enosh. Then men began to call upon the Name of YHWH."

What would you say about this quote? Was this a good thing?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Hey, don't lump me in there. I totally agree with you.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
"To Seth, to him also a son was born; and he called his name Enosh. Then men began to call upon the Name of YHWH."

What would you say about this quote? Was this a good thing?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

Nope.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, it is just a movie. I don't see what's the big deal. You don't see people making this big of an uproar over a movie such as The Devils Advocate...

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join