It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Passion and the conspiracy, it makes me sick! *vomits*

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Well, jesus, said do not make any images of Gods and worship them?

Yes, he said do not worship them, do ot pay honor and glorify them, but he was not against images that were not worshipped. First of all hamilton, do you spend money? whats on a dollar bill? How can a picture of myself be idolism? Isnt it just a picture? do I bow down to a picture?

! kings 6:5 Philistines were ordered to creat five golden emerods, and five golden mice. And you shall make thelikeness of your emerods, ad the likeness of the mice that have
destroyed the land, and you shal give glory to the God of israel. ""

read the rest of 1 kings 6-7

Jesus told the Herodians to give to caeser what is caesers.

Matt 22: 19-21

"" Shew me the coin of the tribute. and they offered him a penny. And Jesus saith to them; Whose image and inscription is this? They say to him Caesers. the he satih to them; Render to Caeser the things that are caesers, and to God the things that are Gods. ""

Jesus did not throw the coin down and tell them to stop using idol money.

Numbers 21: 8-9

"" And the Lord said to him: make a brazen serpent, and set it up for a sign: whosoever being struck shall look on (it), shall live. Moses therefore made a brazen serpent, and set it up for a (sign): which when they that were bitten looked upon it, they wer healed. ""

You see and notice the word, sign? He commanded moses to mke this serpent for a sign against the sting of creatures.

He only commanded that you do not (worship) any image but he did not condemn statues or images for a (sign). Any reader with any biblical knowledge does not even have to need me to explain this to them, their sicerity will tell the the truth about what God really means.

As for other passages about being humble in speach while treating evrybody with kindness and care without cursing, I coud u2u you with some hamilton. I really want to cnverate like two grown adults who have care in them so where we o not have to argue and yell, not in these times.

as for th movie, again, it shoul be great, I hope it leads many back to the faith of jesus, back to his church, and I believe God is letting this happen for this reason, because its very close to his coming. THENEO, i thought you were antichristian, thats great that you are so interested in this film.

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm anti-christian? Where did you get that idea? In fact I am a catholic but not currently practicing the religion though.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I guess its the matrix type of theme you have, they usually consider christianity in the movie as a form of controlling the masses, even though the masses hearts agree with the teachings of christ, something you can't fake.

I guess thats why I thought that, sorry for doing so.

peace.

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   
How does a guy like Mel gibson know anything new about jesus. The guy must have access to a time warp because in the modern world we know jesus was a man and nothing more.Not the son of god.At best he was charismatic and most likely a con man and drug runner.[He did travel the opium routes]. Maybe he was a magician,like david copperfield. You know if you put david coppperfield in central america they might think he was jesus.
How many references of hide the sausage are there in jesus's words.....[small j on purpose when referencing the jesus]

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Hes simply going off the teachigns of the Roman Catholic Church. Can you blame him?

Its a movie, People make movies everyday.

I wonder if they'll show the Catholics Killing off all the " ARIANS " during their first 300 year rise to power.

Deep

posted on Feb, 10 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wonder how this can be the TRUTH when Jesus was black?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

Well, jesus, said do not make any images of Gods and worship them?

Yes, he said do not worship them, do ot pay honor and glorify them, but he was not against images that were not worshipped. First of all hamilton, do you spend money? whats on a dollar bill? How can a picture of myself be idolism? Isnt it just a picture? do I bow down to a picture?

A picture you sit like paralyzed before in one and a half - two hours staring at it, which later shape your faith and make you speek about it as a source of knowledge and truth.... If that isn't an idol, then what the Hell is? Go learn what word is translated worship, and learn that it basically means to bow down. In cinemas they have even made chairs which force anyone to bow down before they are seated (unless you have the limbs of a chimpancee, that is). Did you know that the Hebrew word Nasa means Messiah? With all the falseness of NASA these days, and how they have made the whole world worship Mars and Venus and Jupiter and all the other Ba'als of C�sar who was the wounded head who got healed by the Roman Catholic Church and came to new life as the Keizer of Europe and eventually the Pope himself: How much more do you need before you understand that this is it. That this is the woes of the ages. Happening right before your eyes, to your admiration and amasement: "Who is like the Beast and who can fight against it?"

I tell you this if you don't already know it: Movie Theater is the mother of all idols. With my knowledge of the Spirit, the Romans (Catholics) started illuminating their idols ("icons") in order to make them look more like the "living images of light" everyone seems to worship today.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 12-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I don't see the movie as an idol. To read an account of the crucifixion, with any emotion, is to imagine what He went through for us. We were bought at a price. I think from time to time we need to be reminded of how great that price was. I think Mel's movie is going to be a powerful movie to help us feel what it really means to bear the likeness of Christ in ourselves.

Sure, people will watch it and not turn it on themselves and meditate on what it means...but what can you do? Not make the movie?

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
I wonder how this can be the TRUTH when Jesus was black?

Yes, the possibility that Jesjuah is black has to be counted among the multitude of possibilities. But remember that Jesjuah is something of a "shapeshifter". He can make his appearance change right before your eyes. I see the Son of Man as an incarnation of the whole Terrestrial Creation: Adam was black, then the first albino arrived, who mixed with the others and in a few generations you have all the colors around today. The Son of Man is a physical description of how Man was created black, but turned white and then yellow, red and tanned.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blacktron
I don't see the movie as an idol. To read an account of the crucifixion, with any emotion, is to imagine what He went through for us. We were bought at a price. I think from time to time we need to be reminded of how great that price was. I think Mel's movie is going to be a powerful movie to help us feel what it really means to bear the likeness of Christ in ourselves.

Sure, people will watch it and not turn it on themselves and meditate on what it means...but what can you do? Not make the movie?

Revelation 13:14 It used the magic it got from the Beast to dupe earth dwellers, getting them to make an image of the Beast that received the deathblow and lived. 15 It was able to animate the image of the Beast so that it talked, and then arrange that anyone not worshiping the Beast would be killed.

Jaques de Morlay is possibly the person depicted in every Catholic idol and the person depicted on the Shroud of Turin. He was a charlatan, loved by the Church as far as I know, who was nearly killed the same way Jesjuah was, but he survived. Get it?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
hamilton, your knowledge im sorry to say is false.

Nobody goes to a movie to worship it. they will be moved to follow after christ after seing it, what your preaching is of satan and to continue this worlds demoralization. have you heard of how gibson was led to make this movie? throgh miracles he aked about on a tv program?

Your mind has filled with such false knowledge that od has completely blinded your common sense, furthermore removing any grace which could teach you on the difference between worship and a sign. read scripture alittle closer, as i can see you didn't even comment on the pssages I gave you.

I hate to argue, but what your saying is beyond belief to me, so outrageous, that to tell anyone when they are going to a movie they are worshiping an idol, its unheard of.

worship means, to praise a creature that claims to be God.

Who in the world would praise a man on a movie sceen who is in their right minds?

common sense, any reader out there reading this knows what im talking about.

peace/

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've been looking forward to this movie for well over a year now, I can't wait to see it.

Colonel, although you may be right don't you think Mel's already taking on enough condemnation from the controversy? Although we'd like to see a black Jesus if he added that to the film along with everything else he'd probably be shot, I don't think people are ready for that just yet.

posted on Feb, 12 2004 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cearbhall
Why is it that Heathenwood is trying to stop people on going to see Mel's "The Passion of the Christ."? I know you have some of the Jewish population screaming anti-semetism (which is not mind you) and all but, what else? It irritates me.

I went down to the movie theatre here in Waldorf, Maryland and went to see if the movie was going to play. They told me "no, its too controversial"

Controversial! movie theatres can show movies with rape, murder, cursing, sick humour, movies without mesages but, as soon as a movie about Jesus comes around, heaven forbid they play it! They don't want to offend anyone! Makes me friggin sick I tell you!
ITS A CONSPIRACY AGAINST CHRIST THEY ARE ALL AFRAID! Afraid to get out of their comfort zone and look the Truth in the face.

I tell you now Heathenwood, Mel's movie is going to be big, mark my words, you've missed your train and Newmarket is going to ride big! Thanks for your over dramatising this whole event, it just makes people want to see it more. I implore everyone to go see this movie especially you my Christian brothers!

we can thank the liberal atheist for this

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Worship is not just an act. The Bible considers worship to be a lifestyle. Watching a movie is not a whole lifestyle. Scripture instructs us to worship with cries of joy, songs of gladness and raising hands. I never see any such thing at the movies. An extended period of time in concentration does NOT constitute worship. Also, just because you may have to bend over to sit in a chair it doesn't mean you have bowed to anything. The term bowing refers to a surrendering of oneself. I don't do this when I sit down at the movies. Anyone with more than about 4 brain cells knows that the images on the screen are a representation or recreation and interpretation of a writing. As scripturally accurate as it may be nobody thinks they are watching the actual people or event from centuries ago. Come on, that's just silly.

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Its a movie!

We'll see the controversy when some Indians decide to make a movies based on the life of Buddha

Deep

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth

hamilton, your knowledge im sorry to say is false.

Nobody goes to a movie to worship it.

Let's rather put it this way, like a teacher would have done it. What is worship. Find a couple of dictionaries, lexica, the bible, your glasses, a pencil, a piece of paper and then turn your brain on. When you are finished analysing the word worship and have found a couple of examples of what worship is, then I'll get back to you.

To worship does infact mean nothing else than submission. It is you who speak with falseness here while placing yourself in the Sun calling yourself Truth.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
I've been looking forward to this movie for well over a year now, I can't wait to see it.

Well I've been waiting nearly 2000 years to see Jesjuah again, and I can't wait to see him.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Hamilton]

AF1

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I'm gonna go check out this movie. I can tell you right now though that it's not gonna change any beliefs of mine. IT'S A MOVIE. I think it's gonna be good one at that too. I love fairytales.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Life is a fantasy period thus any story has validity. It is all in the intent in the end.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
Life is a fantasy period thus any story has validity. It is all in the intent in the end.

Yes, indeed, but in the context of the Law and the Prophecy this is strictly prohibited and a great woe. One of the clearest signs the book mentions that this world will go to Hell so to speek. And "Christians" like Truth infact defending the worshiping of this idol is another sign, twise as alarming.

I openly admit I am not sinless, but atleast I know most things I need forgiveness for. And if I end up in Hell, I will atleast know why and be able to agree.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 14-2-2004 by Hamilton]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join