It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mel's Passion and the conspiracy, it makes me sick! *vomits*

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Does everyone here expect to be able to see this film btw? I'm told that it opens on quite a few screens but that the location of screens is carefully selected. I know that the film will open in my city somewhere but I am wondering where? Guess I will have to likely travel to see it, not that I would not anyways as it is an important film.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hamilton
To worship does infact mean nothing else than submission.

Any form of participation, in absolutley anything, requires submission in some way. So should we not participate in absolutley anything? I will submit in the sense that I will attend a viewing of a film, a film that, due to it's content may move me to see a new perspective of the passion of Christ. But it seems that you have judge us without knowing a shred of how we view this movie. I don't think anyone is going to quote it as Gospel. If you feel scripture should never be recreated for you may call it worhiping false idols, then we better not even quote scripture in our native tongue. We must only read it and speak it in the original Hebrew. Or else you might consider it a false idol.
Come on, nobody is going to wordhip that actor. The film may be praised, but for what it is... a film. I feel confident that there isn't going to be anyone praising it as Lord.

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Thank you. You said it well. "They can show rape, murder, etc, but not Christ" Very well said, that statement speaks the truth. And the truth, my friends, is very, very disturbing. Mel Gibson is very wise, I agree, to use his popularity, money, and talent to bring Christ and Christianity to others - some for the first time. He, as a Christian, is obliged to to share the words of Christ. It is sad, that, in our present day and time, that violence, hatred, and murder can be shown without question, but love, and the story of Jesus Christ Incarnate, cannot be. Sad, truly sad.

-wD

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Who said Jesus was black??...the bible clearly states he was a jew...Jew IS a race...they are not black,
they arent caucaisian but they arent black.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
[Edited on 15-2-2004 by disturbence]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nicodemus

To worship does infact mean nothing else than submission.

Any form of participation, in absolutley anything, requires submission in some way. So should we not participate in absolutley anything? I will submit in the sense that I will attend a viewing of a film, a film that, due to it's content may move me to see a new perspective of the passion of Christ. But it seems that you have judge us without knowing a shred of how we view this movie. I don't think anyone is going to quote it as Gospel. If you feel scripture should never be recreated for you may call it worhiping false idols, then we better not even quote scripture in our native tongue. We must only read it and speak it in the original Hebrew. Or else you might consider it a false idol.
Come on, nobody is going to wordhip that actor. The film may be praised, but for what it is... a film. I feel confident that there isn't going to be anyone praising it as Lord.

For God's sake, I am refering to the second commandment here and the Prophecy. You shall not make a religious image and worship it. How difficult is that to understand?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by cyberpilot
Who said Jesus was black??...the bible clearly states he was a jew...Jew IS a race...they are not black,
they arent caucaisian but they arent black.

Well isn't that a load of bull! Firstly, there is only one race of Man. We are an Elohim race. Secondly, there are plenty of black Jews who can proove their ancestory through DNA analysis. Perhaps it would be time to look over that library of yours, for it seems to be quite obsolete. It was back in the 20s they believed things like what you believe. Some German dog breeder figured that humans and dogs was the same thing. You can't use the term race for humans. DNA says so. Our skin color can be likened with different fur colors. And facial characteristics etc, is family related, not racially related.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

[Edited on 15-2-2004 by Hamilton]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by disturbence
The bottom line is (concerning the anti-semitism)
the bible is anti-semitic, (think thats how you say it)

it was written, angled and altred by people who where!
and any movie based on it is going to so as well.

Where on Earth do you gather your info? The whole Bible has been written by Jews and converts. How can you say the Bible is anti semittic? This movie is antisemittic and antichristian in that it tempts the children of God to break the Law and defend idolatry.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:59 AM
link   
sorry
to lazy for a backroundcheck on info.
I lower my head in shame....

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by disturbence
sorry
to lazy for a backroundcheck on info.
I lower my head in shame....

Elks don't need to lower their heads, kings of the forest as they are. Elks are never really wrong (they just misinterpret at times), their humble, noble and majestic nature allows them to learn, adapt and become wiser

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I noticed ads in my recent city's newspaper advertising the passion of christ opening soon but still no listing of theatres yet?

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Think for yourselves. You have been sitting in Heaven for 2000 years and seen generation after generation come and go, and still all they have managed to do is to make a movie about all the wonderous signs you did until they cursed and killed killed you and washed their hands in Babylonian pride and who knows what they have made out of the following act. I bet the actor who is trying to play God has been type casted with basis in the catholic standard idol (TM)... Wonder who was the lucky one to get to play Beelzebul? And what color Miriam has on her cloathes....

If you had to sit and watch this, wouldn't you get mad?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Why would that anger God if it helped open their hearts to God? You use the term worship too loosley. You condemn the movie because of it's medium. It is visual, oooh. But if it is an accurate portrayal of scripture, why is that wrong? Why would it anger you if it spreads your own word? The same word you commanded them to share. Oh yeah, that's right, because it's visual. It uses an image to spread the Gospel. That' s SOOO wrong! I quess we should cancel all Christmas plays too. That would be making a religious image and worshipping it, by your standards. By your standard there is to be no portayal of Christ or God, or ANYTHING religious for that matter. No plays about Buddha, or paintings of the last supper, or sculptures of saints. Because if you look at them you might expend an ounce of concentration which would be considered worship. That's ridiculous. You've taken the law way beyond it's meaning.

[Edited on 2-15-2004 by Nicodemus]

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   

For God's sake, I am refering to the second commandment here and the Prophecy. You shall not make a religious image and worship it. How difficult is that to understand?

Blessings,
Mikromarius

How difficult is it for you to understand that watching a movie is not necessarily worship? Yes, worship requires submission, but that doesn't mean any submission is worship. The two words are not synonyms!

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Why would that anger God if it helped open their hearts to God? You use the term worship too loosley. You condemn the movie because of it's medium. It is visual, oooh. But if it is an accurate portrayal of scripture, why is that wrong? Why would it anger you if it spreads your own word? The same word you commanded them to share. Oh yeah, that's right, because it's visual. It uses an image to spread the Gospel. That' s SOOO wrong!

This is a film about the life of Jesjuah. When he was around back then, he was fighting the fourth beast of Daniel and Beelzebul, that was all he did basically. Now they make this image of this beast, and they have animated it so it can even speak. All done by a man who himself is an actor, who has assumed the role of a prophet in order to make money on everyone among the believers who are spiritually unable to understand consequences and implications, blind to the message of the scripture as they are and all the arrogant or non believers. To make money on prophecy is the school of Bileam, one of the most hated prophets in the history of Israel. Only Jezebel has a worse record. Judge for yourself, or judge yourself to hell. That is basically the choice here.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Blessings,
Mikromarius

How difficult is it for you to understand that watching a movie is not necessarily worship? Yes, worship requires submission, but that doesn't mean any submission is worship. The two words are not synonyms!

Greek: Proskuneo. Translated worship in the Book of Revelation. From a word which means to kiss.

to kiss the hand to (towards) one (Hamilton's remark: like with the pope, leader of the Roman Curia), in token of reverence
among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication
used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank
to the Jewish high priests
to God
to Christ
to heavenly beings
to demons

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   

All done by a man who himself is an actor, who has assumed the role of a prophet in order to make money on everyone ...
To make money on prophecy is the school of Bileam, one of the most hated prophets in the history of Israel. Only Jezebel has a worse record. Judge for yourself, or judge yourself to hell. That is basically the choice here.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

This actor assumed the role of another man, who was prophetic. This actor is not claimimg to actually operate in the prophetic. There is a difference. There is no money being made from prophecy. The makers of this movie don't claim that they are operating in the prophetic, either. The only message they are presenting is one that is already available in scripture. No act of prophecy happening here. Do you understand the difference between the real world and theatrical portrayal? Why don't you go after printers who make money from printing Bibles? They are profiting from reproducing the same prophecy presented in this movie.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Greek: Proskuneo. Translated worship in the Book of Revelation. From a word which means to kiss.

to kiss the hand to (towards) one (like with the pope, leader of the Roman Curia), in token of reverence
among the Orientals, esp. the Persians, to fall upon the knees and touch the ground with the forehead as an expression of profound reverence

in the NT by kneeling or prostration to do homage (to one) or make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication
used of homage shown to men and beings of superior rank
to the Jewish high priests
to God
to Christ
to heavenly beings
to demons

Blessings,
Mikromarius

???? Is there a point to this info? I don't see how this supports your view.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   

All done by a man who himself is an actor, who has assumed the role of a prophet in order to make money on everyone ...
To make money on prophecy is the school of Bileam, one of the most hated prophets in the history of Israel. Only Jezebel has a worse record. Judge for yourself, or judge yourself to hell. That is basically the choice here.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

This actor assumed the role of another man

Mel Gibson, the director of this prophetic film, is a former actor. He is also a practising Catholic by the way. It's the sign above all signs of the endtime, and it's happening everywhere in thousands of different ways, turning you all into fools who defends idolatry commit spiritual sins so terrible that they are nearly unforgivable.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Greek: Proskuneo: Translated worship in the Book of Revelation. From a word which means to kiss.

Means among other things: make obeisance, whether in order to express respect or to make supplication

???? Is there a point to this info? I don't see how this supports your view.

Obiecence: A manifestation of obedience; an expression of difference or respect; homage; a bow; a courtesy.

Can you do what you want in a movie theatre? No, you come in, you even have to bend your back in order to sit down because of how the chairs are made, and you sit there quiet like a mouse, obedient in respect for the film, the maker of the film and the rest of the audience. And the film is basically about the beast that killed Jesjuah.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join