It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY somebody gets it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatsJustWeird
Votes unfortunately can and have been manipulated in any method...

True.

But some methods are 'harder' than others. The simplicity of the fraud and its scale, with respect to electronic voting machines in their predominately current form, is nothing short of a disaster for our political system.

Like I said before, let's see the other states move quickly on this matter.

[edit on 19-12-2007 by loam]

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The ironic part about this discussion is that India has successfully had electronic voting since 2004 -- with hundreds of millions of voters. Two interesting articles on the subject are at
bbc news and India has electronic voting, why can't we?

The second article suggests a contributing factor

There's another hurdle, what Carnegie Mellon professor Michael Shamos calls "technological chauvinism."

"Except for Japanese cameras and German cars, we believe there's nothing high-tech made outside the U.S. that's worth importing," he says.

Interesting perspective.....

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindCommando
Interesting perspective.....

Yeah, interesting in how wrong it is. Average Joe doesn't care the slightest where their high-tech comes from.

The biggest things the U.S. can take from the Indian example is that their machines are NOT networked and NOT reprogrammable. Those two things alone cut down the "hacking" problem.

Good for Colorado dumping these pigs. We don't need 'em.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Outrageo

Fair enough, 24 hours would be better than the BS we have now. But since the election is in Nov. and the inauguration in Jan., there's plenty of time either way.

And yes, exit polls do no good at all. They hurt, as they lower the turnout, by convincing people there's no reason to go ahead and vote. And if the MSM were going to try to control the election, to defeat Ron Paul, this would be one of the ways they would do it.

By reporting very low numbers for him, they could persuade people to not bother voting for him. And since they make a disclaimer that those polls are not a real tally of any sort, then they don't have to keep records, so they could lie their ass off, and no one would know.

I never really thought about that much before, but I just realized how much of an impact it could potentially have! I ignore stuff like this and vote anyway, but many other people don't.

The number of ways the general public can be conned by governments just grows by the day.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:13 PM
link   
The biggest hint that I had that something was up with our planet was the day George W. Bush became president of the USA. Honestly, the guy is not very bright, he's obnoxious, arrogant and it became obvious to me that he was "placed" in office. It doesn't matter what party you vote for they are both different sides of the exact same coin. Read David Icke. I read some of his books ten years back thinking wow, what a nut case. Well ten years have passed and sure enough, many of the things he saw coming down the road have come to pass. They are here. They have been here. They have infiltrated our gene pool so that to war against them would be to war against each other. Ingenious invasion stategy. Yes I have researched, I'm an avid reader and I've lived on this planet for more then 50 years. Somethings up bigtime. We're an enslaved species but not aware of the fact.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Well I will have to say that it is everybody's wish that their own
candidate wins the election even though that is not possible.
However, I would settle for a clean election even if my candidate
loses as long as I can look at the numbers and know for a fact
that my candidate lost fair and square.

It's the unfair part that I have the biggest problem with
no matter if it is electronic fraud or chad lugging.
Make it fair !!! As I don't want to have to sit and wonder
for the next 4 years was something missed.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I really do hope this will encourage other states to follow Colorados example. We should all be able to vote and have that vote counted properly.

I sent a letter to my governor with this news attached and asked about our voting system. I encourage you all to do the same.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Ill be the first to agree that individual votes should be counted by individuals. However, until they can fix the hanging chad fiasco I still dont think its full proof. I think its a step in the right direction becasue electronics can be hacked or altered pretty easy. its much harder to fake paper ballots IMO, but as long as the punches are clean and thier is no question who was voted for I like it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
They are here. They have been here. They have infiltrated our gene pool so that to war against them would be to war against each other. Ingenious invasion stategy. Yes I have researched, I'm an avid reader and I've lived on this planet for more then 50 years. Somethings up bigtime. We're an enslaved species but not aware of the fact.

Could you please enlighten us as to who is here and who has infiltrated my gene pool. I just added some clorine and it looks pretty clear to me.

just kidding...... but you lost me big time with this post. What does it have to do with voteing? please help me understand what you mean here.

Take care

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
A great move for democracy.

Let's hope this spreads to other states!

If you would allow me to correct you

A great move for the REPUBLIC!!!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
True.

But some methods are 'harder' than others. The simplicity of the fraud and its scale, with respect to electronic voting machines in their predominately current form, is nothing short of a disaster for our political system.

Like I said before, let's see the other states move quickly on this matter.

As far which is easier.......I don't know about that. It does take some computer skills to manipulate electronic voting machines. With paper ballots it takes absolutely no skill whatsoever (as we've seen with the 2000 election and the hanging chads
). As far as scale though you're right, electronic fraud can certainly affect a larger number of people.

I live in Maryland btw, and we're trying to do something...
www.computerworld.com...

Maryland House votes to oust Diebold machines
It would replace $90M worth of e-voting machines with systems offering a paper trail

March 10, 2006 (Computerworld) -- The state of Maryland stands poised to put its entire $90 million investment in Diebold Election Systems Inc. touch-screen e-voting systems on ice because they can’t produce paper receipts.

The state House of Delegates this week voted 137-0 to approve a bill prohibiting election officials from using AccuVote-TSx touch-screen systems in 2006 primary and general elections.

The legislation calls for the state to lease paper-based optical-scan systems for this year's votes. State Delegate Anne Healey estimated the leasing cost at $12.5 million to $16 million for the two elections.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by ThatsJustWeird]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Horray!!!!!!!
Glad to see other states take up this issue. I hope there is enough time before the next election to get rid of all these machines.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzyguy
reply to post by shooterbrody

Electronic voting machine = video poker machine.

Unless they post all the voters id number along with their votes (on the internet), so all people can recap the result. And all of us can check on the internet whether we vote the right candidate (no hanging chad
, I hope).

And the machine has to print paper trail for us to keep! In case recap inconsistency.

Wait a minute! I don't vote, I'm not a US citizen.

That is a really good idea. Just have atransaction number on the paper reciept. Much more money has spent fighting election results than this systemwould cost to implement.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join