It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FINALLY somebody gets it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 07:56 PM
link   
After all the reports of problems with electronic voting machines; after the HBO documentary; after all the posts I have read about voting fraud someone will do something!

www.cbsnews.com...

(AP) Colorado's top election official decertified electronic voting machines used in many of the state's largest counties Monday, calling into question equipment used in past elections in a move he said could have national implications.

All I can say is yippie!!!!!

[edit on 18/12/2007 by shooterbrody]

[Mod Edit: to correct quote]

[edit on 12/19/2007 by benevolent tyrant]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
GREAT!!!!! I hope this catches on all over. That damn electronic voting is too open to voting fraud. Dipping a finger in purple dye is better, along with hand counting each and every vote.

Another problem is, everyone wants to know who won before the voting is even over. We build up to an election, and then it's a race to announce the winner. I think we ought to make it a law that the winner couldn't be announced for three days. Then the media would stop influencing the vote by saying who is ahead, who is behind, who can't win in such and such state.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Agreed. The MSM pundits seem to always be stumbling and bumbling over each other to see who can jump the gun first on predicting and then announcing a "victor". So sad. 3 days me be a bit much, but I'll settle for a 24-hour moratorium. And exit polls should be outlawed as well.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Outrageo

Fair enough, 24 hours would be better than the BS we have now. But since the election is in Nov. and the inauguration in Jan., there's plenty of time either way.

And yes, exit polls do no good at all. They hurt, as they lower the turnout, by convincing people there's no reason to go ahead and vote. And if the MSM were going to try to control the election, to defeat Ron Paul, this would be one of the ways they would do it.

By reporting very low numbers for him, they could persuade people to not bother voting for him. And since they make a disclaimer that those polls are not a real tally of any sort, then they don't have to keep records, so they could lie their ass off, and no one would know.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
A great move for democracy.

Let's hope this spreads to other states!

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:26 PM
link   
It's a start...

Now let's see the rest of the states do that.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SteveR
A great move for democracy.

Let's hope this spreads to other states!

No in all actuality the system as is, is a great move for democracy. This is a great move for a republic. Since the 14th amendment what we live in (as described by the supreme court) is a corporate democracy. You have but one unalienable right in this corporate democracy and that is to reside inside of it's boundaries (that is also as per supreme court explanation). The republic is still there, it is just uninhabited at present.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
This is a great move for a republic...

Indeed it is. But it is still only one step in a very long path to accountability.

Originally posted by DarrylGalasso
The republic is still there, it is just uninhabited at present....

The republic has inhabitants, they've just all fallen asleep.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am just glad that at least one state is really looking into the problems with electronic voting machines. The facts show that the machines can be manipulated. Hopefully more states will follow and we the people will get our most important civic responsibility back; the ability to vote and have our vote counted properly.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Funny that they are just now figuring this out. Oh, I guess not too much damage has been done right? I mean, it was just 4 extra years in office for Bush. At least nothing major happened.

I don't know why, but I just find this insulting that they are just now "figuring it out".

abcnews.go.com...

Above is a story on how the machines in Ohio, the state that gave Bush the election in 2004 are "seriously flawed".

And here is an article on how the head of Diebold, the manufacturer of the voting machines, told republicans at a fundraiser that he is "committed to helping Ohio deliver its electoral votes to the president next year."

www.commondreams.org...

Makes me sick. But hey, I am sure they will get it right this time. Looks like we have stamped out corruption for good this time.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
I hate to be a party pooper, but we still need vote watchers to volunteer because even back in the LBJ days they were stealing paper ballots.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by shooterbrody

Electronic voting machine = video poker machine.

Unless they post all the voters id number along with their votes (on the internet), so all people can recap the result. And all of us can check on the internet whether we vote the right candidate (no hanging chad
, I hope). But it'll be a chore I can assure you, such system is not easy to build.

Example : Jazzyguy (hidden unless we allow), idnumber 1234567 vote candidate A, shooterbrody, id 12345678 vote candidate B, and so on.

And the machine has to print paper trail for us to keep! In case recap inconsistency.

Wait a minute! I don't vote, I'm not a US citizen.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma
I hate to be a party pooper, but we still need vote watchers to volunteer because even back in the LBJ days they were stealing paper ballots.

i agree theres more than one way to defraud the system, but at least this is a sign that one problem is being looked at .

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
reply to post by Outrageo

Fair enough, 24 hours would be better than the BS we have now.

Yes, and then there could be special updates,

"The following vote count took place between 10:00 am and 11:00 am on the day of the US Presidential Election..."

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   
That worked out well, I actually live in Colorado. Now I can vote for Ron Paul with slightly less fear that my vote wont be counted.

Now to get the rest of the US to do this. Also we must expose the media's favoritism for certain candidates on a widespread level.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:07 AM
link   
A question: Are the preliminary vote results published as soon as they are available/while the vote is still going on?

As an explanation: in my country the law says that the preliminary results are only allowed to be published after the voting period has ended (usually 8 pm) to prevent voter influence. Such a practice would of course be a bit difficult in the US with its multiple time zones.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Here in Ohio, Jennifer Brunner declared that electronic voting machines were unreliable and could easily be compromised. She recommended that those counties using the system discard them and go back to optical scanning systems. Sadly, Cuyhoga County, where I reside, has instead decided to continue to use the system despite all fo teh recent controversy over tampering. Cuyahoga County, one of the most populous in the entire state, representas a HUGE stake in Ohio's electoral vote for Presidential Elelctions - and Ohio is one of the most important swing states - and usually Republican. Does something smell very, very bad to you???

Also of note is that Diebold, manufacturer of the elctronic voting equipment that was hacked by a moneky (I kid you not!) and the President is a HUGE Republican.

Ohio recommends scrapping electronic voting system.
Monkey hacks Diebold electronic voting system.
Diebold voting machine hacked in under 4 minutes for $12

Having sold software for nearly a decade I can tell you honestly that "black box" anything (meaning any time something functions without the understanding of the user) has the greatest chance of being compromised when someone stands to benefit or gain from it. It's never a matter of "if" but rather "when" and "how."

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have first hand experience at faulty electronic voting machines. My '04 vote for President (Kerry, I'll go ahead and admit reluctantly) included a (Democrat) Texas Supreme Court Justice candidate whom I didn't vote for. The only 2 spots I marked on that "ballot" were for President and a local initiative/proposal, but it read otherwise when I finished. Damn screwiest thing I ever saw. It was, I'm pretty sure, a Diebold machine. (I read something somewhere about the Bush family being connected to Diebold).

One would think that, with all the great engineering minds in America today, SOMEONE would be able to design a viable paper ballot.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
The Bush-ites don't have any Blood-heir descendants running for office so why would they rig..

Oh wait, yah they do, Hillary Rodham-Clinton. Wife of William Clinton, best friend of George Bush Senior, and good friend of President George W. Bush Jr.

And if they rig the Democratic side this time .. SURELY no one will suspect a single thing..

Sinister.

[edit on 12/19/2007 by runetang]

I wanna see Ron Paul get swept into the Republican Nomination through sheer people power of voting and numbers from the Primary, to face off against this Babylonian Harlot! To get beaten by Fraud .. as she ushers in the end stage apocalypse scenario. Oh joy

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trauma

Ding ding ding!
NOW somebody gets it.

Electronic machines aren't the problem. Well, they are no more of a problem than paper ballots. Votes unfortunately can and have been manipulated in any method...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join