It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

who/where do you get your hair cut?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 08:54 PM
link   
my wife just gave me a mowhawk...

nothing crazy with 20 inch spikes....chuck liddell style..maybe a little longer on the top.

she always cuts my hair..

where do you go?

do you use a flowbee?

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I don't cut my hair.

Just let it grow.

'Tis the way I roll.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I cut and dye my own hair...
Mohawk oddly enough...
hmm

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 09:22 PM
link   
my daughter cuts my hair...^^
she is a trainee but she needs to learn somewhere
so my head gets the abuse, then gets shaved...

my head is in clumps and her hair is perfect

something badly wrong:w:

ohh,
when i say perfect, i mean perfect

CF

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Barbershop. $13 and it's got the pole out front. I am 46 and have had all but two haircuts in my life in the same barbershop. My sister cut my hair once when I was about ten, and I went to another barbershop in town when I was about eight.

The barbershop, Dick's Final Touch, has been owned by three different barbers during my life. Every new owner was an employee of the previous owner. The current owner, Dick, is an opinionated Vietnam Vet. He's always bitching about something or someone. Makes it a lively place to talk sports, politics, gossip, etc. Unfortunately, the best barber in the place, The Fox, who's given me most of my haircuts for the last 20 years or so, recently died of cancer at 54.

Dick does more talking than decent hair cutting, but he'll have to do, because the new guy needs some breaking in.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I will get my hair cut eventually. I rarely cut in winter, the long hair keeps it a bit warmer, same with my beard.
Usually I get it cut at Jim's barber shop, though since that shop is now a good bit away, I've got to find a local place.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I cut or as I call it shave my own hair aka HITMAN style mac 3 razor work very well.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 11:35 PM
link   
Man I hate getting my hair cut!!

I used to just shave it all off - grade 1 - but the Law doesn't really like that, but Chinese people cannot cut westerns hair! They know fudge all about graduating and if you mention scissors over comb their heads explode!

It's getting a bit long now and could do with a trim, but bugger it. I might even go LEXION and just let it grow!

Hairy MonKey

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I get my bangs and ends cut by a very sweet gay young man at Pennys.

I cut my SO's hair and trim his beard and mustache.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:43 AM
link   
The bathroom.

Sometimes the back porch, if the weather is good. less cleanup.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RuneSpider

i always have a beard in the winter...keeps my face a little warmer...i don't worry about the head too much cause i wear various caps/beanies/whatever they are called.

on a side note, you can make some bank as a barber. sometimes i go down the street to this place called delmonico's. it's a father/son type deal.
they are both 'master barbers' and they pull it in.
they are always busy and they both drive mercedes m class cars.
for friggin cutting hair.

they have a bigscreen in there hooked up to a dish. they hang all day cutting hair watching the dish. $14 per cut.

most of the time my wife does it though....in the basement or if warm, the garage...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
For 15 years, I would cut my own hair and my childrens...
I took cosmetology for a year..go figure...
but I have gotten lazy, and the newer styles are too complicated for me..so we go to a salon in a mall nearby.The girl that cuts my hair does a fabulous job...she even straightens it for me at no extra cost.(But of course I tip her anyway)

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I do it myself. Two settings... longer one for the top, shorter one for the sides/back.

No point in dropping 15-20 bucks for a 5 minute job.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
really depends
which hair cutters is open
normaly the one down my road, its also the cheapiest

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I usually do my own and then get mum or sister to check that it's all cut. I used to have pretty gnarly long hair, but then for some stupid, stupid, stupid reason, I cut it.

Guys with long hair:

NEVER CUT IT! YOU WILL REGRET IT LIKE I AM!

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 12:40 AM
link   
I cut my own hair, takes about 5-10 min.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 01:56 AM
link   
hi ya all, I had long longggg hair till about three months ago, Got it all cut off which was a great decision but.... How expensive!@!!@ Now i have to get it done every 6 weeks or less.
Now have to make another appointment which is so hard over crissy, i'm tempted to just go ferral. Not that there's anything wrong with that. See ya nuts

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Hey Boondock,
by the way, i really enjoy you. You just seem to bring things up, that i for one want to know but don't want to ask. Can you ask ------------------ Oh never mind i cant say it.

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   
i cut my own hair... its all about the mullet baby,
how does the saying go, oh yeah business in the front...party in the back

posted on Dec, 19 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

I have gone to the same place for almost 7 years. It a little shop on main street here in my rural North Dakotan town. They know me and they know how I like my hair. I even have the same lady every time, just to keep it simple. It costs about $13 but I always round it up to $20 because they do such a good job!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join