It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mobile Labs to Target Iraqis for Death

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by goosdawg

Sounds like defeat to you? O please, people always try to claim that Americans should turn over responsibility to the Iraqis, and when you see Americans do, people claim Americans are defeated.

When all else fails and you can't lick 'em outright, buy their allegiance and then put guns in their hands, no?

Just like the definition of a "good' politician, "one that stays bought."

Our "leaders" are America's worst enemies, not the people of Iraq.

So long as there's a profit in this for the military/industrial complex, and the opportunity to test their future tools of repression, this "War" will continue, with no end in sight.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I agree with you, that post is perfectly clear, but as you noticed already it falls on a death end because for many is about ideologies first and forget the common sense.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 01:48 AM
link   

I don't believe that this topic was to debate the politics of the Iraqi War. I know you as a friend and this is one of your opportunities to declare the legality of this war. This topic was defining a use for a weapon which in the opinion of the Armed Forces is being used as a tool to irradicate the insurgents while lowering the casulties of our soldiers.

I do not associate it with a Nazi tactic either. We are not there eliminating all Middle Easterns .... just targeting the insurgents.

I get really annoyed by those opposed to the Iraqi War who can rant and rave in the warm and fuzzy safety behind thier computer monitors. I am also opposed to this war yet our military are there and at this point they are trying to maintain the peace between the insurgents and the Iraqi civilians while retaining thier own safety. I want them to use whatever means they have to do so.

I don't see any harm in "removing" those people obviously planting bombs, carrying cell phones, or guns as this will only cause more casulties to our troops and the innocent civilians.

Any true patriot to the Constitution, should see this situation for what it really is, and those who refuse to acknowledge this fact can only be in bed with those who seek to enslave us all.

Yeah, I just asked "Dick" (Cheney) to roll over as he was snoring to loud!
I am all for pulling our troops out but until that happens I do not want to see another American solder killed or mamed and disabled for life. I know young friends of my son who are there and I want to see them home here in one piece and safe.

I don't believe it's a weapon that is being experimented with on the Iraqi people. It's a weapon that is available and saves countless lives that the insurgents willfuly target.

I could say more but I'd get reprimanded!

Bring our soldiers home but meanwhile allow them the the means to return safely!

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I am almost speechless. I cannot believe the attitude expressed in that article and in various posts in this thread. I am so very glad that I live in Africa and not either the Middle East or America. I actually can't continue with what I was going to say as it would violate quite a few ATS policies so I will just keep my mouth firmly shut.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I was wondering when we'd see this tech hit a war zone. We already have a similar system in place for felons here in the states, just not as advanced and real-time. The police have already started keeping DNA samples in a database from more than just those who commit felonies though. They're taking them from non-violent offenders and it has been reported that there have been instances where they were taken from those not even charged with a crime. Eventually, we won't need little plastic anythings. Everything will be DNA scanned from whether or not you're legal to drive, to paying for your groceries. (Once the process of sampling is refined to the point of eliminating the need for a blood sample.) And yes, I'm sure refusal to submit your "identity" (DNA) will result in some sort of offense. Very scary where things are headed.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by Area_X]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Sentenced to flying death from above for carrying a cel phone?

It's important to pay attention to what's happening now in Iraq, because, as it has become abundantly clear, the PTB are using this illegal war to test the technology that will soon be deployed on the very citizens who are paying for it.

What a perversion of intent.

The elites must be chortling with unrestrained, self-satisfied, sneering glee over their sadistic, self-serving and inhumane machinations for us all.

One can only hope they choke on it.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Reply to xtrozero

You must really hate the US to "believe" this is the way it is while also letting the terrorist off the hook for all their actions.

I don’t hate the US but the Zionists who control it. Those trucks if used will be more known as killing trucks than ‘insurgent identification trucks’.Theres always a new thing that the US comes up with to catch terrorists. Killing families to avenge comrades deaths, Harassing prisoners,US security companies taking pot shots at anyone they feel like and now killing trucks to ‘identify insurgents’?
What’s the next new killing spree idea?

First, if the US is in it just for oil then why didn't we just make a deal with Saddam to look the other way in his brutal dictatorship for cheap oil? We could have gas today at .50 a gallon still and save a trillion dollars on top of it.
Please explain why the war was a better way to get oil.

You didn’t make a deal with sadam because he was easy to get rid off. His regime was easy to topple and therefore the US could get their hands on all the oil for FREE.
A few thousand US troops dead didn’t really matter as it was well worth it to the Zionists who control everything.

Did we start the war or just finish it? That is the big question. The reason we do not attack Saudi is the same reason we will not attack Iran. With both of these countries neither invaded another country, neither actually used WMDs, neither broke 17 UN resolutions for 10 years, and neither needed massive no fly zones setup in their countries to protect millions.

The US did not attack Saudi because:

One was because US already has bases there and the other they are very close to the royal family dealing cheap oil for decades.

The second very major reason was that Saudi has the most holiest Islamic sights in the world. Attacking Saudi will automatically means the whole Muslim world prepares for Jihad (major battle to repel the invading forces) as it would have been obligatory upon every Muslim living from East to West to defend the Holy Kabaah and Medina.

The US did not attack Iran because:

Iran has Shia Muslims and the US has been working with Shias in Afghanistan (Northern Alliance) and Iraq to fight the wahabi (taliban) and Sunni insurgents.

Attacking Iran will automatically means that the Northern alliance will join forces with the Taliban and wage total war against US and coalition troops in Afghanistan.

Attacking Iran will automatically means that the majority Muslims Shias in Iraq will join forces with other insurgents and wage a total war against the US and coalitions troops.

Attacking Iran will automatically means that resistance groups like Hezbullah will make things very hard for Israel as the rockets will be raining down from every side of Israel.

All these things I have stated are facts as they would definetly happen if any attack on Saudi and Iran takes place.

[edit on 22-12-2007 by kangjia57]

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
Sentenced to flying death from above for carrying a cel phone?

It's important to pay attention to what's happening now in Iraq, because, as it has become abundantly clear, the PTB are using this illegal war to test the technology that will soon be deployed on the very citizens who are paying for it.

What a perversion of intent.

That was the intent I was forwarding with my Original Post. I'm glad someone else sees it. The military tests all sorts of things that are then equipped to police forces here in America. THIS is what I'm worried about. It's not scare mongering, it's a known process.

Cuhail

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
32 pages further into the rabbit hole godel.nuigalway.ie...

Emerging Technologies, Emerging Privacy Issues

Sue Conger

When RFID are ubiquitous, which is estimated to happen by 2012, we could be tracked as many as 1,000 times per day.
page 19

Once data is collected, it can be matched to credit card transactions, other demographic information. Third party data users of PIP aggregate data from many sources now: click streams, personal movements, health, or biological data, and criminal, court proceeding, genealogical, transaction, or financial history [Conger et al., 2005].
RFID is the first tracking technology to allow snapshots of movements for products like clothes, appliances, medicine and food. By linking these with the existing dossiers on individuals, privacy further erodes.

also...

wikipedia "information awareness office" dec 2007 en.wikipedia.org...

* Genisys aimed at developing technologies for virtual data aggregation in order to support effective analysis across heterogeneous databases as well as unstructured public data sources, such as the World Wide Web.[13]

* Genisys Privacy Protection technology to ensure personal privacy and protect sensitive intelligence sources and methods in the context of increasing use of data analysis for detecting, identifying and tracking terrorist threats. These technologies were intended to enable greater access to data for security reasons while protecting privacy by providing critical data to analysts while not allowing access to unauthorized information, focusing on anonymized transaction data and exposing identity only if evidence warrants and appropriate authorization is obtained for further investigation, and ensuring that any misuse of data can be detected and addressed.

* Genoa and Genoa II focused on providing advanced decision-support and collaboration tools to rapidly deal with and adjust to dynamic crisis management and allow for inter-agency collaboration in real-time.[14][15]

* Evidence Extraction and Link Discovery (EELD) development of technologies and tools for automated discovery, extraction and linking of sparse evidence contained in large amounts of classified and unclassified data sources[16]

* Scalable Social Network Analysis aimed at developing techniques based on social network analysis for modeling the key characteristics of terrorist groups and discriminating these groups from other types of societal groups.

Among the IAO projects focused on language translation were:

* Effective Affordable Reusable Speech-to-text (EARS) to develop automatic speech-to-text transcription technology whose output is substantially richer and much more accurate than previously possible. This program focused on translating spoken language (whether from broadcasts, telephone intercepts, or otherwise) in multiple languages.[13]

* Translingual Information Detection, Extraction and Summarization (TIDES) developing advanced language processing technology to enable English speakers to find and interpret critical information in multiple languages without requiring knowledge of those languages.[17]

Other IAO projects not directly related to TIA include:

* Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID) to develop automated biometric identification technologies to detect, recognize and identify humans at great distances.[18]

* Wargaming the Asymmetric Environment (WAE) focused on developing automated technology capable of identifying predictive indicators of terrorist activity or impending attacks by examining individual and group behavior in broad environmental context and examining the motivation of specific terrorists.[19]

* Futures Markets Applied to Prediction (FutureMAP) was intended to harness collective intelligence by researching market-based techniques for avoiding surprise and predicting future events. The intent was to explore the feasibility of market-based trading mechanisms to predict political instability, threats to national security, and other major events in the near future.[20]

* Babylon to develop rapid, two-way, natural language speech translation interfaces and platforms for the warfighter for use in field environments for force protection, refugee processing, and medical triage.[21]

* Communicator to develop and demonstrate “dialogue interaction” technology that enables warfighters to talk with computers, such that information will be accessible on the battlefield or in command centers without ever having to touch a keyboard[22]

* Bio-Surveillance to develop the necessary information technologies and resulting prototype capable of detecting the covert release of a biological pathogen automatically, and significantly earlier than traditional approaches.[23]

and do not forget about flir

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join