It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by deltaboy
reply to post by goosdawg
Sounds like defeat to you? O please, people always try to claim that Americans should turn over responsibility to the Iraqis, and when you see Americans do, people claim Americans are defeated.
Any true patriot to the Constitution, should see this situation for what it really is, and those who refuse to acknowledge this fact can only be in bed with those who seek to enslave us all.
Originally posted by goosdawg
Sentenced to flying death from above for carrying a cel phone?
It's important to pay attention to what's happening now in Iraq, because, as it has become abundantly clear, the PTB are using this illegal war to test the technology that will soon be deployed on the very citizens who are paying for it.
What a perversion of intent.
When RFID are ubiquitous, which is estimated to happen by 2012, we could be tracked as many as 1,000 times per day.
Once data is collected, it can be matched to credit card transactions, other demographic information. Third party data users of PIP aggregate data from many sources now: click streams, personal movements, health, or biological data, and criminal, court proceeding, genealogical, transaction, or financial history [Conger et al., 2005].
RFID is the first tracking technology to allow snapshots of movements for products like clothes, appliances, medicine and food. By linking these with the existing dossiers on individuals, privacy further erodes.
* Genisys aimed at developing technologies for virtual data aggregation in order to support effective analysis across heterogeneous databases as well as unstructured public data sources, such as the World Wide Web.
* Genisys Privacy Protection technology to ensure personal privacy and protect sensitive intelligence sources and methods in the context of increasing use of data analysis for detecting, identifying and tracking terrorist threats. These technologies were intended to enable greater access to data for security reasons while protecting privacy by providing critical data to analysts while not allowing access to unauthorized information, focusing on anonymized transaction data and exposing identity only if evidence warrants and appropriate authorization is obtained for further investigation, and ensuring that any misuse of data can be detected and addressed.
* Genoa and Genoa II focused on providing advanced decision-support and collaboration tools to rapidly deal with and adjust to dynamic crisis management and allow for inter-agency collaboration in real-time.
* Evidence Extraction and Link Discovery (EELD) development of technologies and tools for automated discovery, extraction and linking of sparse evidence contained in large amounts of classified and unclassified data sources
* Scalable Social Network Analysis aimed at developing techniques based on social network analysis for modeling the key characteristics of terrorist groups and discriminating these groups from other types of societal groups.
Among the IAO projects focused on language translation were:
* Effective Affordable Reusable Speech-to-text (EARS) to develop automatic speech-to-text transcription technology whose output is substantially richer and much more accurate than previously possible. This program focused on translating spoken language (whether from broadcasts, telephone intercepts, or otherwise) in multiple languages.
* Translingual Information Detection, Extraction and Summarization (TIDES) developing advanced language processing technology to enable English speakers to find and interpret critical information in multiple languages without requiring knowledge of those languages.
Other IAO projects not directly related to TIA include:
* Human Identification at a Distance (HumanID) to develop automated biometric identification technologies to detect, recognize and identify humans at great distances.
* Wargaming the Asymmetric Environment (WAE) focused on developing automated technology capable of identifying predictive indicators of terrorist activity or impending attacks by examining individual and group behavior in broad environmental context and examining the motivation of specific terrorists.
* Futures Markets Applied to Prediction (FutureMAP) was intended to harness collective intelligence by researching market-based techniques for avoiding surprise and predicting future events. The intent was to explore the feasibility of market-based trading mechanisms to predict political instability, threats to national security, and other major events in the near future.
* Babylon to develop rapid, two-way, natural language speech translation interfaces and platforms for the warfighter for use in field environments for force protection, refugee processing, and medical triage.
* Communicator to develop and demonstrate “dialogue interaction” technology that enables warfighters to talk with computers, such that information will be accessible on the battlefield or in command centers without ever having to touch a keyboard
* Bio-Surveillance to develop the necessary information technologies and resulting prototype capable of detecting the covert release of a biological pathogen automatically, and significantly earlier than traditional approaches.