It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Spreading Hate?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Christians spreading hate? LMAO!

I think Muslims are probably the ones who actually spread the hate, especially in the Middle East.

[edit on 21-12-2007 by TheoOne]

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
We need to make people aware of what extremist fundamentalist are doing to their children they are brainwashing them to become the same evil that we are fighting in the middle east.

Anybody else knows about This two youth movements?

I belief that one of them has been discussed in ATS.

Jesus Camp and Battlecry, now if that is no spreading religious discrimination and hate I wonder what else it could be.

Start with the young to change the face of a nation or maintain certain twisted values like fundamentalist Islam is doing.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Fromabove

If you as a "Christian" think acting as a gay person is a sinful act, then why do you suppose your perfect god allows people to be born with a desire for the same sex partner?

Or why does your perfect god allow babies to be conceived by people who don't want them, will abuse them, allows the intelligent ones in this category of would-be mothers to abort or give them away at birth to someone who might be a better parent?

Why do you suppose your perfect god allows babies who will only suffer and die from horrible birth defects, or be brought into this world to suck the tit of society for all of their sad lives and deplete our resources needed for other health problems, to be born when abortion is a legal and very courteous option to a short of long life of a child's suffering at the expense of mankind's ignorance?

If you truly believe that your god is perfect ... then you must also realize that god's wisdom places all living creatures upon this earth for specific reasons: to prosper without human judgement, and to live life happily, unfettered by human interference.

You say judgement belongs to your perfect god... well, then. Why not lay your personal judgements aside, allow ALL people to live in peace and harmony with each other, regardless of what the controlling old profits who wrote the Bible and enslaved women want all of you to believe?

The truth of the matter is, your Christian Beliefs are all predicated upon lies, interpreted to twist and control and get everyone else to do your bidding or be judged personally by you and your kind for us behaving the way the rest of us are born, and being too intelligent to buy into this religious dogma and propaganda?

While it may be true that if mankind didn't have religious mantras to fight over, the very nature of our internal beasts would find something else to maim and kill for. But if we could just remove religious discrimination from the stew, the pot would be a whole lot purer, and then we could concentrate on all the OTHER reasons mankind is unable to get along.

Religion and Christian Values do more to undermine Peace in this entire world than any other source of angst.

One doesn't have to believe in god or be of Christian Velues to be kind, be thoughtful, care for another, have good moral judgement, and enjoy a lifetime of happiness. All one needs to do is love one's self and treat everyone and everything other living thing with the same respect. And if others can't or won't do that, then it's THEIR consciences that suffer, not our own.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Always remember it's is not the religion doing it, it is man doing it. Man has done many a great evils throughout time in the name of a higher power. But that is just it it was man that was doing the evil not the religion.

As for the word man I mean mankind not just men.

Raist

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I am afraid you are right, sometimes I tend to fall with the main stream and forget that is mankind the one that created religion and the one that hide behind it to commit all kind of deeds from good deeds to heinous crimes.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

wooooo... hooray for not substantiating your belief that christians don't spread hate and then randomly stereotyping another religion as deflection!

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Nobody owns hate. Hate does not come from a religion but from people themselves. An atheist can hate as much as people from any religion. But, what is the accusation against the Christians? What has been the factor resulting in this thread?

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
We need to make people aware of what extremist fundamentalist are doing to their children they are brainwashing them to become the same evil that we are fighting in the middle east.

Anybody else knows about This two youth movements?

I belief that one of them has been discussed in ATS.

Jesus Camp and Battlecry, now if that is no spreading religious discrimination and hate I wonder what else it could be.

Start with the young to change the face of a nation or maintain certain twisted values like fundamentalist Islam is doing.

It all depends on what you term hate. If it is the response of Christians who keep getting homosexuality thrown in their face all day, or the promotion of premarital sex, I call it resistance. So I guess one has to ask, is it a display of hate or a response to an in your face group of people.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CynCritter
reply to post by Fromabove

If you as a "Christian" think acting as a gay person is a sinful act, then why do you suppose your perfect god allows people to be born with a desire for the same sex partner?

Free will.

Or why does your perfect god allow babies to be conceived by people who don't want them, will abuse them, allows the intelligent ones in this category of would-be mothers to abort or give them away at birth to someone who might be a better parent?

Free will.

Why do you suppose your perfect god allows babies who will only suffer and die from horrible birth defects, or be brought into this world to suck the tit of society for all of their sad lives and deplete our resources needed for other health problems, to be born when abortion is a legal and very courteous option to a short of long life of a child's suffering at the expense of mankind's ignorance?

Mercy.

If you truly believe that your god is perfect ... then you must also realize that god's wisdom places all living creatures upon this earth for specific reasons: to prosper without human judgement, and to live life happily, unfettered by human interference.

What ?

You say judgement belongs to your perfect god... well, then. Why not lay your personal judgements aside, allow ALL people to live in peace and harmony with each other, regardless of what the controlling old profits who wrote the Bible and enslaved women want all of you to believe?

That would be rebellion.

The truth of the matter is, your Christian Beliefs are all predicated upon lies, interpreted to twist and control and get everyone else to do your bidding or be judged personally by you and your kind for us behaving the way the rest of us are born, and being too intelligent to buy into this religious dogma and propaganda?

No.. I don't think so..

While it may be true that if mankind didn't have religious mantras to fight over, the very nature of our internal beasts would find something else to maim and kill for. But if we could just remove religious discrimination from the stew, the pot would be a whole lot purer, and then we could concentrate on all the OTHER reasons mankind is unable to get along.

Religion and Christian Values do more to undermine Peace in this entire world than any other source of angst.

One doesn't have to believe in god or be of Christian Velues to be kind, be thoughtful, care for another, have good moral judgement, and enjoy a lifetime of happiness. All one needs to do is love one's self and treat everyone and everything other living thing with the same respect. And if others can't or won't do that, then it's THEIR consciences that suffer, not our own.

I think it was the Bbinle that said love others like yourself.

posted on Dec, 22 2007 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Spreading hate?

Not here.

Not at all.

Only LOVE.

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join