It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Spreading Hate?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiriology

I understand, I am not without guilt or let say guilt free, but when it comes with certain topics is just better to let it flow and just let your point been heard but as simple and meaningful as possible and just ignore what you feel is hurtful and personal, usually people that are doing nothing but disrupting a thread without any meaningful post will stop the trolling when nobody is giving them any attention.

posted on Dec, 17 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

BTW, you know the best way to get people to stop "spreading hate"? You do it by getting those people who engage in vulgar immoral behavior to stop it. The goal, even if not 100% achievable, is for mankind to finally live clean sin-free lives. And some of us get tired of others going out of there way trying to go in the opposite direction.

Is that so Christian?? We just coerce what ever it is you think is Vulgar immoral behavior and wha la? Nothing like putting the cart before the horse.

You don't "get them to do anything" that doesn't diminish hate,

it breeds resentment.

First, You Lead them to Christ, which answers this next statement you made.

Man finaly living clean sin-free lives? even if? hehe

Gee if that were even possible

Who needs a savior?

Legalists sheesh

- Con

[edit on 17-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:14 AM
link   
A true Christain would love the sinner but hate the sin.

Is being gay always a choice? I think not.
If a person didn't choose to be gay is he/she still sinning?

If I look upon another womans body and find her attractive does that make me gay? Am I sinning?

True Christains don't spread hate. It 's those fundimentalist that create a bad reputation for true christains.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame

If I look upon another womans body and find her attractive does that make me gay?

You know, fifty years ago, people didn't have a need to ask questions like that. A man could say that another man was "nice looking" without everyone looking at him strangely and a woman could say another woman was "beautiful" without being viewed as a "dyke." It's amazing how far we have fallen...

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Originally posted by dizziedame

Is being gay always a choice? I think not.

The gay person didn't choose to be born either

Is he still actively engaging in that which God requires he repent?
No one puts a gun to our heads when we sin.

If I look upon another womans body and find her attractive does that make me gay? Am I sinning?

Are you female?

True Christains don't spread hate. It 's those fundimentalist that create a bad reputation for true christains.

True Christian? Classic Christians, Super Mega Christians. sigh I'm not even going to touch that one.

A true Christain would love the sinner but hate the sin.

Rather than offend homosexuals by directly confronting the issue of their sinful lifestyle, modern evangelism often tries to soften the approach by saying that "God hates the sin, but loves the sinner." This isn’t a new concept.

Charles Finney stated, "God is not angry merely against the sin abstracted from the sinner, but against the sinner himself. Some persons have labored hard to set up this ridiculous and absurd abstraction, and would fain make it appear that God is angry at sin, yet not at the sinner. He hates the theft, but loves the thief. He abhors adultery, but is pleased with the adulterer. Now this is supreme nonsense. The sin has no moral character apart from the sinner. The act is nothing apart from the actor. The very thing that God hates and disapproves is not the mere event—the thing done in distinction from the doer; but it is the doer himself. It grieves and displeases Him that a rational moral agent, under His government, should array himself against his own God and Father, against all that is right and just in the universe. This is the thing that offends God. The sinner himself is the direct and the only object of his anger."
www.livingwaters.com...

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Are you female?

Why does it matter? If someone is attractive they are attractive. Why should someone be viewed as being gay just because they say someone of the same sex is attractive? That doesn't mean that person want to "jump" the said person's "bones;" it just means that the said personm is attractive. GEEEZ....

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth

Originally posted by Conspiriology

Are you female?

Why does it matter? If someone is attractive they are attractive. Why should someone be viewed as being gay just because they say someone of the same sex is attractive? That doesn't mean that person want to "jump" the said person's "bones;" it just means that the said personm is attractive. GEEEZ....

[edit on 18-12-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

It matters because I don't know what gender he or she is.

Last I checked Gay means same gender sex and in the context of this thread I was attempting to have them elaborate . I didn't say they wanted to jump her bones did I?

I didn't want to be presumptuous which is why I didn't ask questions regarding lust of the flesh Nor did I answer the question "am I sinning"

and do you know why??

Because I simply don't know

[edit on 18-12-2007 by Conspiriology]

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 02:12 AM
link   
Oh come on! this thread is ridiculous. please post some evidence of a Christian spreading hate on here, a link or something. or at least a quote. How can I be spreading hate because I have a belief on something? how is believing in GOD hate?

Please explain; if not retract accusations.

posted on Dec, 18 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

The question in the OP is for the members to answer and you know very well that already many has posted very good references of the degrees of intolerance religious base and none religious base.

And yes we have plenty of hate crimes in our nation that are by extremist in their believes.

They have been posted from time to time in ATS.

Does that prove that Christians are spreading hate?.

Nor really but we know that is people hiding behind religious believes to commit crimes no only here in our nation but all over the world.

Remember that we are in war fighting religious extremist and they are not Christian still they do what they do because of their faith we just tag them terrorist.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 06:42 AM
link   
They wouldn't be Christian if they hated someone, and I mean in an continued thought out "hate", not a spur of the moment hate which we will all feel as humans from time to time

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Well as a Christian I don’t think anyone has the right to judge another for a sin they commit. I will clarify though that we as humans do have a right to judge those breaking the laws given to us by our governments hence the need for a judge in court.

I also think that anyone claiming to be Christian who judges another’s sin needs to take a very close look at their own life. I know I still require a need to repent of sins because I’m not perfect. I would be willing to suggest that any one claiming to be Christian who says they commit no sin what so ever are either lying or deluded. There are many things Christians need to be working on before we start to judge others for their sins all of which revolve around the individual themselves.

While homosexual acts maybe viewed as a sin just being gay is not. Just being gay does not mean you are doing the act itself. As far as looking at someone and thinking they are attractive that is different than looking at someone and thinking about thoughts of sexual acts with them. It is the same as eating a cookie or not eating a cookie pretty much.

I will also go on to say that anyone spreading any type of hate only continues to further the cause of hate mongering themselves, this would also mean those that generalize and spread hate about any religion or group. Not pointing at the OP but I have seen some on ATS the spread hate for any one different from themselves while saying that the same group they are condemning need to stop hating. Ironic isn’t it? This is why I often try not to post in this forum due to the biased generalizations of many but not all of the posters here. This poster on the other hand seems to be asking a sincere and honest question and I am giving my most honest and sincere answer.

Raist

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I take offense to that as well,I'm a Christian and I'm even a Mason as well,your post is totally out of my character,please think before you post such outlandish statements

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

There may be some Christians(or at least people calling themselves Christians) who hate, but that's certainly not the mainstream doctrine. The distinction that I think you may be failing to make is the difference between hating sinners or the sin. Doctrinally speaking, Christians are supposed to love their fellow men, but.....to hate sin. Christians take the view that all men(that's the universal men here folks) are sinners and deserving of God's judgement. They also believe that God loves man, and wants to be in fellowship with him, which is why Jesus paid the price to atone for man's sin, when he was crucified. They believe the only difference between themselves and others, is God's grace, but that it is available to anyone if they want it.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

I agree.

Originally posted by Beachcoma
Once people start grouping themselves into an exclusive 'us' category, they start looking for any excuse to demonize and single out the outsiders, or 'them'.

Very true. It's not just fundamentalist Christians .. but any group that does that. You are so right Beachcoma ... Basic psychology.

Originally posted by Fromabove
What Christians hate is sin.

The problem is, most fundamentalist christians I have ever met or had to deal with in life can't separate what they think is the sinful behavior from the person doing it. They end up being NASTY to the person whom they think is sinning.

Yesterday i had a Baptist woman basically tell me that she was going to heaven and I was going to hell because I believe the Noah's Ark story is just a myth. She was snotty. She was judgemental. She was also very WRONG because belief in Noah's Ark or not has nothing to do with salvation.

Originally posted by jedimiller
please post some evidence of a Christian spreading hate on here, ...

I don't think the OP said 'on here'... just spreading hate in general.

However, if you want to look at hateful fundamentalist 'christians' on here, just go to the religion section of BTS. It's chalk full of spitting venom 'Christians' who slash and burn anyone who don't interpret the bible (or religion in general), the same way they do.

BTW ... my 9 years living in Christian fundamentalist-full Alabama ...
Those were the most hate filled idiots I have ever had to deal with. And they all spewed hate while they had smiles on their faces and bibles in their hands.

[edit on 12/20/2007 by FlyersFan]

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

ok... from the thread "What replaces christianity and other religions?"

Originally posted by quango
If you are for the elimination of religion, if you deny the existence of a God, and you treat the holy books as simply books written by fallible man, what do you offer in its place?

If you deny the existence of morals and ethics as nothing more than tools of control, then what do you see replacing them?

hm... repeating a stereotype of atheists as without morals or ethics... if only someone had put up a thread dealing with these common misconceptions about atheists to prevent

...wait, i did, yet it still happens.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aeroman1

Frankly, I don't know who the heck are the "Grey" people or why should they be afraid of Christians - I am not even sure that I'd like to know - but I can and will say this:

Any "Christian" that spreads hate is no Christian.

And, coming from a Christian, that's THAT.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 10:10 PM
link   
After been posting on another thread on an incident showing what religious intolerance is all about and how alive and well still is, it makes you wonder how extremist some may become with their believes to incite, attack and even using ridiculous statements over other people religious preferences.

Then you most ask why some Christians have to be so hateful, I actually know that Jesus was never going around spreading hate.

It amazes me how hiding behind religion some believe they can get away with intolerance.

Add a couple of bible quotes and that makes is alright.

posted on Dec, 20 2007 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

Marg,

I know the thread you are talking about I posted my idea on who might be responsible in that thread.

As far as religious symbols being vandalized though it really is not even an important issue for me regardless of what symbol or religion it belongs to. Symbols are just that they are inanimate objects that only hold meaning to the people who revere them. The God/gods/goddesses that people worship don’t really care about a symbol but rather those who are doing the worshiping.

Besides you can destroy the symbols to my religion you can burn my religious books or even destroy the buildings in which we gather, but you can never remove my faith from my heart. It is what you hold in your heart that matters not what objects we use to show our stance on earth. I was not always a follower of the Christian religion and know that forgiveness should be present in another religion as well.

Raist

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I agree with you 100%, but sometimes is just so hard to understand why something like religion can become such a hate issue.

posted on Dec, 21 2007 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

I agree with you 100%, but sometimes is just so hard to understand why something like religion can become such a hate issue.

Its not that hard to understand. Christians believe that the bringer of love, peace and happiness will be the anti-christ. Thats the extent of brainwashing they have undergone.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join