It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Strange object found on Mars"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Nice find. At first glance it certainly looks like a Huge entrance. However when I use the ISa viewer and a lot of zoom the top of the outline looks somewhat strange too me and a bit shadowish. If that is a real carved opening into a Mount then that must be quite a few hundred feet tall as well as wide.
A lot of work regardless of natural or being made. These images rock btw. Thanks.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by VType
If that is a real carved opening into a Mount then that must be quite a few hundred feet tall as well as wide.
According to the data for that photo (the complete red channel version, not the smaller false colour photo), the resolution is 25 cm per pixel. My measurements gave me a width of more or less 20 pixels, so 20*0.25=5 metres wide.

And I think its nothing unusual, if we look at the surrounding area we can see that the higher ground on that area is made of what looks like cubes, in some place they are clearly visible after having fell from their places, so I think that it was just the result of a natural process.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 04:09 PM
link   
wow great find OP , hmm now that looks interesting .. Dont know about MArs beeing habitable and such but , if this was made by erosion (there is such a posibility of course) wouldnt the opening be on the whole side of the "mountain" ?

I mean winds do blow on the whole mountain and not only onn that part of the wall , so even if not the same size shouldnt there at elast be some evidence of erosion on the upper half of the wall ?

About the shadow theory .. umm not a expert on shadows but that dosent look like a shadow to me , like somebody wrote in the other thread about this "It also does not follow the line it should if its just a shadow... " (II HAL II)

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

While this does seem reasonable, I wonder if there are other areas that display the same "look" to them? It would be strange to only have this occur at that one location.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

There are many areas on Mars that look like that, with that "broken pavement" look.

Those areas are seen usually (like in this case) on ground higher than the surrounding ground or on crater rims, where the breaking apart is more noticeable.

I hope that this was what you were talking about.

posted on Jan, 5 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Yes, it was. And I put aside my usual laziness and did a search of my own, and found a few examples in some of Mikesingh's old threads.

Thanks.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by tep200377

Its a shadow, look at the shadows all around the map. You will then see that this is a pillar tha makes a shadow that looks like a square.

added curves to the image and enhanced the darken area, you will there see the structure in the shadow.

If you look at the whole bloomin photo, of which this is merely maybe 1%, you will see that there are no such columns that would make a shadow. Now perhaps this is due to erosion or something, but it's definitely a hole.

I hate it when people are so convinced that they make assumptions without doing the first bit of research.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Its seems most are quick to dismiss anything of this sort! It could be an opening, or it could be just a shadow, I think it will take little more looking at before we dismiss it all together!

[edit on 6-1-2008 by PanzerDiv]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
well, what about the pyramid structure below?
that seems much more clear artificial to me.

´´An object resembling a pyramid with a regular polygon at the base. NASA image´´

"Strange object found on Mars"

page 5

[edit on 6-1-2008 by anti72]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
eng.cnews.ru.../11/22/276238

Very strange indeed, funny thing is i tried to post this on digg.com and it wont post the story for some wierd reason.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

If that "pyramid" has a regular polygon at the base I will eat my hat (but before I have to get a hat
)!

One thing is certain, this "pyramid" looks similar to the other "pyramid" in Cydonia, although this is even less geometrically correct than the other.

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP
reply to post by anti72

If that "pyramid" has a regular polygon at the base I will eat my hat (but before I have to get a hat
)!

One thing is certain, this "pyramid" looks similar to the other "pyramid" in Cydonia, although this is even less geometrically correct than the other.

can u post a link to that pyramid?

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

can u post a link to that pyramid?

I'm not sure, but i think that ArMap is referring to the formation labeled "Pyramidal Structure" in this image
www.mars-earth.com...

[edit on 6/1/2008 by internos]

posted on Jan, 6 2008 @ 07:11 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Yes, any one of those two "pyramids" look more or less like the other "pyramid", and all look like natural formations to me.

Thanks, Internos.

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I enhanced the image slightly and highlighted the other area of interest other than the 'door'.

Enhanced image showing secondary anomaly

Looks strange.

[edit on 7-1-2008 by PaulWillocks]

posted on Jan, 7 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
very interesting picture

posted on Aug, 7 2008 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Why are there so many Mars' natural experts?
If it did not "look" like an partially opened door it would not have been noticed!
Denial always mountains over observation!
That is why we all go dressed!

posted on Aug, 8 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
new links to the fotos above.

www.cnews.ru.../11/22/276238
www.cnews.ru/news/line/indexEn.shtml?2007/11/22/276238
www.freerepublic.com...
www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-chat/1939597/posts

top topics

<< 1   >>

join