It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Consciousness

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hey, I was interested in anything I can find about Universial Consciousness.

It's just lately..
I've noticed in myself, these thoughts, or more... realization, of Universial Concsiousness, I've written, and have been writing a journal of my thoughts, theories, quotes, and theories of others. I've written out my views on the subject, I've been feeling it for about a year or so now, but now really believeing in it until about 2 months.
About a week or two ago I decided to become active in the ATS community once again, after a 2 year hiatus. I don't know if it's just me, but I've noticed more and more posters on this site are becoming more and more aware of Universial Consciousness, I dont know if this thought or feeling has always been around, and i'm just noticing it more, or maybe something really is happening in our minds..?

Please let me know how you all feel about this subject.

Thanks

mod edit, spelling in title

[edit on 13-12-2007 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I think something is definately happening in us. My best guess is were evolving. The collective consiousness has always been around but were be blocked from it by caring to much and putting to much emotions into all this fake crap like money etc. Wich disconnects us from our higher selfs.

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Hi Start_the_peace,

Can you please clarity more on your thoughts about Universal Consciousness? I believe the definition is too broad and deserves segmentation. Are we talking about spirituality here?

Thankyou for your assistance.

Regards

K23

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Are you saying you are becoming more aware of yourself as being a part of something greater? Are the thoughts your own or coming from an outside force.
Id like to hear more of what you have to say.

Peace

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by start_the_peace

I agree with your thoughts but I don't think it is a universal consciousness you are having realizations about.

These realizations as you call them are what is occurring universally and you may be placing that universality on what is know as a commonality.

What you are feeling is an RNA memory echo of a time when we lived in communities of collective consciousness or single mind communities.

I have been posting a lot about this lately I understand it because of a genetic defect or curse depending on your perspective.

The problem is I am an unlearned an ignorant man the only way I seem to be able to communicate the ideas in my head is to use the bible and scriptures because it is what I look to for understanding and meaning.

When I try and explain myself however people get the wrong impression because of how I use scriptures to communicate.

In advance I tell people I do believe that you can use anything to find truth and understanding it is just that for me the bible works I am not trying to preach to you are win you to Jesus are anything like that I am just trying to communicate what I know in the best way I know..

Before the tower of Babel mankind was linked in a single consciousness or they were of one mind, one accord, one language.

Mankind suppresses some past mass trauma which forced the elevation of ego in a kind of an involuntary survival instinct and keeps us from re-connecting into a community of minds but I do believe we can link up in this sort of way with anyone we just need to be shown how.

One interpretation of several sections of scripture has all the places in pre-tower of Babel where we were one language as being linked in a single commonality of consciousness because of Adams genetic manipulations and enhancements to the human genome..

Unknown tongues are treated as something that should not be possible which if you were linked into a collective consciousness you could see why the idea of an unknown tongue would be odd indeed.

Several of the occult and cult groups have the aim of re-connecting humanity into a single awareness which is one of the main reasons they are so invested and interested in all the quantum theory stuff.

Of course all things are linked in God which I have personally experienced the oneness of being tapped into the energy and essence of God I have come to believe that there is a genetic reason why this is possible for me to do.

I think the most inventive scriptures used in the one mind theory is the section in Acts where Paul confronts Elymas the sorcerer a child of the devil who was trying to prevent the governor from hearing what Paul had to say..

Elymas was blinded but the wording is such where it says that he would not see the sun for a season and that a mist and a darkness fell on him, what is suggested is not just the physical eye but the eye of the mind which they of his kind share that is the mind the children of the devil share..

But in Acts where the believers are said to be of one mind and of one accord that is used as an example of the positive aspects of that part of the brain being active, so it is not meant to be a negative or a positive just to say that we all carry these genes which if active turns on parts of our brain that make it possible for us to share in a collective consciousness.

These genes were first introduced into the gene pool by Adam.

What genes he used to make the single common mind possible I don't know but the DNA of a serpent like a scorpion or snake was used to mark his son Cain

Cain was the first to bear the mark of the beast, God told Adam to mark him in order that every one would know when they thought of him or saw him what he had done what he was and why.

So in essence crime made it necessary for mankind at that time to link up into one mind of sorts.

A common problem they all would share physically crime was solved by joining them all into a common collective consciousness and marking the criminals so it would be impossible to hide their crime or the state of their motives toward others..

But there are hundreds of verses that can be interpreted as talking about a collective consciousness.

The reason you are feeling these echos is because there is some sort of quantum shift occurring that is allowing this knowledge which is held in our RNA to surface so to speak it is ego that is fighting it like I said because of some past mass trauma we elevated the ego and it does not want to go back to being subordinate to self.

Because the shift is universal people are having memory echoes of all kinds not just of commonalities.

I could explain it by using what the bible calls the manifestations or revelations like word of knowledge or word of wisdom.

But to think of it in its simplest terms it is a revealing like an unveiling which happens at the beginning of a play only this one is taking place in a quantum theater and we are watching it on a genetic level.

All the characters, the stage and such, are behind the curtain, and someone or something is pulling a string and you are beginning to see what has been there all along.

We carry in our RNA the collective memories of all of our family trees and we share in a pool of knowledge that was in the consciousness of the first father and mother who walk in the garden of God and enjoyed perfect wisdom and understanding of all things.

Until the fullness of the shift that is occurring is realized you should expect to experience more and more of these realizations.

They may become more dramatic and disturbing, they can be shocking in there vivid reality, they could give you feelings of enlightenment and euphoria, or drive you into a severe deprecation because you may have visions of mankind's future which some individual in your past ancestry may have had, these can be extremely horrifying.

The key is not to try and rationalize them as your own but think of them as realities or possibilities that exist or existed or will exist at some point in the near future, they are more than a dream but they are out of time..

[edit on 12-12-2007 by newday]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 09:23 AM
link   

you term it U.C., i describe it more along the line as;
the Collective Memory of humankind.

one way to view the U.C. or C.M.
is by 'seeing' what Joseph Campbell a renown 'Myth-ologist'
is writing & telling us ... about ourselves

[edit on 12-12-2007 by St Udio]

posted on Dec, 12 2007 @ 05:33 PM
link   
To clarify my views on the matter I'll say it like this.

Universial Consciousness, in my mind, is the idea or feeling that everything is as one, in one way shape or form. We are all connected, from people to animals, even to plants, every living creature gives of an energy. Life itself, in my eyes, isnt the body in which we are in, its merely the conscious mind, every living creature has it. Basically, its the act of knowing your alive, that makes you alive, because truth, in itself, its a personal thing. You can have a million and one ways people are throwing stuff at you, to explain something, but for it to be the truth to you or not is a personal thing.

Now here are my example ideas for this theory.
I think we've all experienced this at one time or another, but have you ever just felt weird about doing a certain activity, like you'd be better off not going through with your plans? I'm not talking about obvious stuff like taking drugs or anything, I'm talking about simple everyday tasks, like walking down to the store, or going to friends house. I've heard so many stories, and have had so many experiences myself with this. The last story I've heard was from my friend Stephanie, we were talking about this very subject and she told me that a while back, her and her friend used to sneak out at night and just hang out, walk around, go to a party or something along those lines. Well one night her friend wanted her Stephanie to walk with her home like she did every other night but Stephanie had a really bad feeling and told her friend she didnt want to go. The next morning her friend called her and told her some guy was trying to pick her up in his truck and probably would have raped her had she not jumped into someones backyard and ran home.

another example would be something along the lines of a mother waking up in the middle of the night, frightened, scared, depressed, maybe thinking about a son or daughter, or maybe not even being able to put their finger on it, but later finding out their son or daughter is dead and died that night.

Maybe there is possible explanations to those examples, I just don't know.
I cant quite put my finger on the whole U.C. idea, I just find myself becoming more and more aware of people's thoughts [I cant read minds, but I can guess what people are going to say, how they feel, whats going on in their lives without them telling me] I can feel people out alot better than I ever could before. Another big thing, is I'm writing a journal of theories about life, talking about U.C. and other thoughts, [I dont have any reason has to why I'm writing it though, I just know I have to] and without knowing a person very personally I can know if they'd be open to look at my book seriously, I just get a sense that certain people are open minded enough to read, and actually take into consideration the thoughts and theories in this journal, and others I can just tell right off the bat they wouldnt be able to understand.

I can't put my finger on whats going on in my mind, and the minds of others lately, but I do know that these thoughts of U.C. were of my own, about 6 months ago I was looking into religion, as I was previously Athiest, while looking around different religions nothing really seem to fit in my mind until I came across Nihilism and Buddhism, mixing thoughts from both, I've found something that finally makes sense.

I guess I'm more or less trying to find more information on it, and what other people's opinions are on it.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neoblade
I think something is definately happening in us. My best guess is were evolving. The collective consiousness has always been around but were be blocked from it by caring to much and putting to much emotions into all this fake crap like money etc. Wich disconnects us from our higher selfs.

The walk of Truth should you accept it, leads a person to the conclusion like the one stated above.

What one of us cannot say we are not part of the Universal whole?

We are stardust...living, breathing, thinking, loving.

When we think of us as the collective, and love each other as ourselves..

One sees the message of Jesus Christ. Seeing the message of Jesus Christ carries through the message of the Almighty God.

God encompasses the Universe..and yes...we are one.

Imagine a world where we do what is best for all mankind, versus whats is best for merely ones own self...

Im requoting below as I too came to this realization in my own personal life.

Originally posted by Neoblade
The collective consiousness has always been around but were be blocked from it by caring to much and putting to much emotions into all this fake crap like money etc. Wich disconnects us from our higher selfs.

We are one in the collective...Under God, In the love of Christ, Eternal.

Peace

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 01:57 AM
link   

The whole consciousness thing has been a topic that I've recently become very interested in. I don't know why though because I never was before.. I've been to many sites about it as I'm sure that you have, so not sure if you've come across this yet.
But check this one out:
Divine Cosmos

I particularly liked the write-up about how our DNA is changing based on the movement and changes taking place within our entire solar system.

Good stuff.

Cheers.

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
But this is the way it should b like people

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Imagine a world where we do what is best for all mankind, versus whats is best for merely ones own self...

But sometimes I cant help think we r to late with changing it all. People are way to conditioned to violence, murder and rape. Change yourself to change the world and show them another way

posted on Dec, 13 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
This is an important topic! Jungian Philosophy states that civilization and humanity are like land masses. We were seperate at one point, but have traversed great boundaries and alot of history to come to where we are. The planet is connected now, more than ever in history. We are all sharing the same consciousness, but now we are acutely aware of it because of the amount of information passing between us. We are sharing ideals, religions, cultures etc. and evolving at an ever faster pace.

Consciousness is said to be at the verge of something great. Sounds about right to me.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   
the topic of this thread relates to me so much , i have felt the change so much over the last 18 months that i think if i met myself 5 years ago and that me wouldn't recognize the mind of the current me

I know in my soul that consciousness change and connection is imminent, my mind constantly pops out theories which i have never read about only to find other talking about the same, like there being fed into me but some unknown force

I just pray that this continues, maybe 2012 is going to happen , th next evolutionary step for mind kind , where we mature out of our infancy as a race

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Exactly my point, moldy crumpet,

I've just been feeling so enlightened and.. just sure of life, mine and anything else's. I've just becoming far more aware of living creatures around me.

About a day or two ago I fell asleep, more or less attempted slef hypnosis [I've yet to perfect it haha] but that night I was just thinking about aliens and life and junk, next thing I know I'm waking up in the morning with a million philosophical thoghts running through my head, explanations for all, and I fell back asleep. This happened about 3 or 4 times, each time I thought about different stuff, I've yet to realize what the hell I was thinking about as I was half asleep. Sad as it may be the fact I've forgetten what I was realizing, it was still an interesting feeling of having all that knowledge.

Has anyone else been having such realizations?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Also, I ran this past my mom and she had said maybe its related to me just getting older, realzing more about life, so maybe its just age?

I don't think many 16 year olds contemplate quantum theory and realizations on life in such a way.
All the kids I go to school with are more into smoking pot and getting their cars and junk.

Also, I know for a fact all the people who are feeling this way aren't just teenagers coming of age, are they?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I dont think is your age.. I see my friends also getting more interested in this stuff and they various from ages 16 to 29 myself im 19. I even have a friend whose healing now and doing astral voyages, she learns this stuff from her mom and her moms friends.

I also see my friends slacking more... I think that people who are open minded now see that school, work and money are not all there is. Does anyone else see this happen?

PS: where no hippie's!
(I might be underway tho
)

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:33 AM
link   

I take it you are aware of the The Global Consciousness Project?

(You can even add a button - a very simplified version - to any blogs or websites you may have, from among the gadgets that Google is offering on its main site.)

There is also a very good website:

IONS

And anything written by Dean Radin would probably be of great interest to you.

P.S. And here is the "word's largest Conscious Library", with a number of blogs and such (the access to which is "free until December 24th").

The IONS Conscious Library

They also have a very cool set of games, called the "PSI Arcade".
I visit it, especially the "Garden" (and especially the damned butterflies!), whenever I want a severe headache... ; )

[edit on 14-12-2007 by Vanitas]

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   
I believe it is more on the amount of information we are providing our system [brain] with. The Internet has changed one's perspective about information. Going back a decade, I recollect that if I wanted to get information on a topic, we had to read books. I have started study again and I notice, it is just a few click away. The point is the amount and the easy availability of information.

If you go through the visions at night, this is my belief, I could be wrong, that these are things which you have read recently and which are at the back of your mind and they are just coming back to you. Calling it UC is something which is tough to narrow down to. The same information which you have read, is available to others on the internet and it could be that the same person [based on probability] mentioned something on this website, does it mean it is UC? I would say No, the reason being, that it is uni lateral/similar information sharing but with different digestion proportion which gets shared.

I hope I make sense..but I believe this is more on informaiton sharing rather than UC.

Cheers

K23

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I understand where you're coming from Knowledge23, and it makes sense, because we have far more access to information about just anything we want to know about it just gets stored in the brain as a problem, mainly being, how is this even possible, does it make sense to me? And as you sleep your mind takes you through all possibilties and figures it out for you, making it easier to align yourself with those thoughts making it seem as your own, seeing as how truth is personal, and only YOU can define whats true to you or not.

I understand that, but, theres two sides to this I believe. Just today sitting in school a friend of mine I have in 2nd period and 4th period at the end of the day told me something that hit me, thinking about the whole U.C. idea.
In second she seemed really down and depressed, noticably low, and I had asked her what was wrong and she couldn't tell me because she honestly didnt know, she had said it started in first period and the feeling of depression just overwhelmed her and wiped her out. I told her alright, in 4th period we're gonna talk and we'll figure this out [Because I love to help people, hearing about people's problems and lives and trying to help them out]
4th period rolls around and she seemed just the same, sad and low and I asked her what was wrong and she had said in 3rd period she turned her phone and had 3 new voicemails from her father, one was saying hey, call me back, the other saying I really need you to call me back, and the last one was saying hey, I cant wait any longer, so I'll tell you now, your cousin is in the hospital with [some disease, I cant put my finger on the name now, its a birth defect that happens alot in infants, it turns their eye inside out I believe, something along those lines] and your cousin is dying.
Her cousin is now 3 years old and is dying, she's in the hospital, the doctors say theres really only one surgery they can perform to keep her alive, but its extremely risky because they're basically running tubes through or around the brain, and to this date only 6 people who have had it done actually lived past the surgery.

So, that brings up the question, how come we feel these bouts of depression for dying relatives, or people close to us?

Now too long ago I was a casino down the street from my house eating some food in the food court and this deep depression and worry came out of nowhere, I didnt know what was wrong but I cant get the feeling it was a girl I knew. So I left and started calling the only girls who came to mind, the first was my ex, maybe something was going on, I called her and she wasnt really up to talking to me and she said everything was fine, so I called my really close friend, Aurora, when she answered she was crying and I knew the feeling I felt was because of her, I asked what was wrong and she had told me she had just seen her boyfriend for the last time about before he was moving to Oregon, I asked her when he left and she said about 10 to 15 minutes ago which is the same time I started feeling depressed and worried.

I know most, if not all of us had felt this way at least once or twice in our lives, some more than others. I just can't explain where these feelings come from, I can't explain them.

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vanitas
I take it you are aware of the The Global Consciousness Project?

I just recently stumbled on to the above site. It looks fascinating, but I'm having a hard time understanding why random number generators would actually indicate anything.

It seems to me that so many random numbers are being generated there is bound to be some tiny portions that looks significant. For example, if Nostradamus generated a billion quatrains (rather than around a thousand) it would be easier to find prophecies that matched world events.

On the other hand, I actually know someone working on the data from this project, and she swears that this actually works! (She is into divination in general, so this is really her cup of tea.)

#

I have a proposal for what may be a better experiment: Why not correlate large numbers of human dreams, maybe at a website, and see if there is any pattern? For example, we could have thousands of people, within minutes of their awaking, quickly check off and submit a web form indicating if there were any specific archetypes in the dream, whether it was a pleasant or unpleasant dream, etc. The results could be plotted to see if there was any correlation between the many dream states of humanity.

If we assume that, when we are sleeping, we are more in tune with UC, this might actually prove UC is real! Like consciousness, sleep is one of the great mysteries of our existence. Perhaps they are related somehow?

posted on Dec, 14 2007 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Can anyone clearly define what you all are talking about when you use the term

"Universal Consciousness"?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join