It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Get to know Terence McKenna

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   
I'd like to bring to your attention the fact that I've just completed (June 2009) a movie called Cognition Factor, starring Terence and Dennis Mckenna, Rupert Sheldrake, Ralph Abraham and Co.

Cognition Factor poses Five Big Questions in order of appearance:

1. What is consciousness/cognition?
2. Are we evolving as a species, or are we going extinct?
3. What do you understand as G-D?
4. Can the fusion of science and technology occur?
5. What happens when we die?

You will be transported to a narrated virtual world in search of answers to the " Big Five" questions. Cognition Factor stitches live conversations with Terence Mckenna, brother Dennis Mckenna, along with Ralph Abrahams, Rupert Sheldrake, Ralph Metzner, Alex Grey, and twenty more of the top thinkers of our times.

Its a narrated gonzo documentary inside a 3D landscape backed by original compositions from top musicians like Dr. Lx Paterson, Dom Beken and Phil Le Gonedic, of The ORB, Merv Pepler (EatStatic/Ozrik Tentacles), Colin Angus& Matt Catt (The Shamen/Pablo_Sandoz), Steve Hillage (System 7), all brought together by ambient composer, performer and originator, Mike Martin (Indidginus).

cognitionfactor.net...

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Terence had a way with words and a knack of being able to pull an audience that's sadly lacking in today's dumb world. His ideas are still outrageous to the mainstream plot, but even though he has passed on he is still instrumental in many people questioning their values, and this in itself is a good thing in the 21st Century, or any other century..

this, the moderator will not deny:>

schwann

posted on Jul, 16 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Terence had a way with words and a knack of being able to pull an audience that's sadly lacking in today's dumb world. His ideas are still outrageous to the mainstream plot, but even though he has passed on he is still instrumental in many people questioning their values, and this in itself is a good thing in the 21st Century, or any other century..

this, the moderator will not deny:>

schwann
cognitionfactor.net...

posted on Jul, 19 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by SavageHenry

Idd i actually am angered by not being allowed to discuss Terrence in truth.

posted on Aug, 1 2009 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Hmm thanks, I'll have to check this movie out, I've read some of his stuff and he is indeed an outside the box thinker.

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
everything Terence McKenna said or did totally makes sense to me more than politicians or conspiracy theorists
everything that grows out of the earth is there for a purpose, we are as well part of earth, but have been cut off

okkk mushrooms aren't illegal, right ATS? so let's talk about them, they are really mind altering

but my question is: how can something like weed be illegal? and alcohol and cigarettes highly promoted? it's all CORPORATIONS and not for your own good

what is good for you is illegal, and probably weed and mushrooms could change humanity as a whole in a way we can't even imagine.... be more spiritual, less materialistic, and happy, and kinds towards eachother

posted on Mar, 13 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by raynemarina

magic mushrooms used to be legal ( except when dried/prepared)in the uk it was legal to pick them and eat them you just couldnt dry them. They have been spraying mushroom fields for decades to try to eradicate them. the law changed a few years ago and now they are class A, even if you get caught picking one from a field its a class A drug offence. But ive seen that the classification has made so many more people go "shrooming" every september/october for profit, when before the classification people just picked for personal use

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join