It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

going to my first wedding tomorrow and i am jumping out of my skin

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
my brother in law is getting married tomorrow evening. i have to go for several reasons but i am jumping out of my skin.
there is going to be about 42 people there and i only know about 7 of them.

i have to go because my father in law has MD and i need to be there to help him get around. also, my brother in laws fiance' asked me to run the mixer.

i am freaking out for a number of reasons...
i do NOT like being around all these people that i don't know...people are going to be drinking champaign and wine and that is making me nervous. i don't like to be around people when they are drinking/drunk.

i really don't want to run the mixer but they kinda got me on the dangle. the fiance' said she don't want anyone running the board but me. so, that makes me feel like i have to go.

my anxiety is already getting worse as i can feel it.
it's going to be like a 4-5 hour deal....

i just don't want to go.

this really sucks man....i believe i would rather pull my finger nails out than go to this thing....

ever been to any weddings?
major drag or what?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Never went to my brothers' even
YUKKKK

Scares the willies out of me.
Can't you feign Blue tongue or Mad cow disease or something?

Make them a compilation on an ipod for the event,

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AGENT_T
Never went to my brothers' even
YUKKKK

Scares the willies out of me.
Can't you feign Blue tongue or Mad cow disease or something?

Make them a compilation on an ipod for the event,

nah, i have to go....my father in law will be in a wheel chair the whole time cause if he is standing up and someone bumps into him, he will go down.
i promised i would go so i could hang with him and i did tell them i would run the mixer.

i'm going to start the wedding march and then when the bride gets to the end, i'm going to fade it out real slow like. when it is over, i am going to play something, not sure what yet as they walk to wherever the hell they are gonna walk to.

from there, it's on me....they have a musac station but i ain't playing that.

i have a mix ready to go ....things like teupalo(sp) honey from van morrison...gonna play it real soft in the background.

i just don't want to go as i am gonna feel like the odd man out.
none of her family really knows me. i look real mean(size/tattoos and such) and that usually gets me the looks from people that don't know me..

lest i mention the fact that the friggin ultimate fight night is going to be going on. i am recording it on my dvr but i want to see it straight away.

i get real nervous/jumpy around people i don't know cause i don't trust em. there is gonna be 40 people or more all around me. drinking wine and such.

just not into the whole deal. can't wait till it's over

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

haha you sound just like me man. it's usually much easier and laid back when you aren't actually involved in the wedding stuff. Just relax and take it easy! Maybe some Salvia beforehand? hah, just kidding.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

the latest wedding i went to was my sisters
and best part was i didnt have to pay for the clothes at all
she forked out close to a grand on all three brothers

weddings are good and sometimes very very boring
i was running around org the food and invites with relititives ( i guess that was the catch)

enjoy the wedding

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

notice my location....i will be mellow.

i just don't like being around people man, especially people i don't know.
i didn't even go to my mother and step fathers wedding. i hopped a plane to florida about a week before they got married.

i do NOT like these fake ass organized events.

when my wife and i got married, it cost us like $100. there were 6 people there. no cake, no reception, nothing...

this is like a 'high society' wedding. for me it is anyway.

they are spending almost $400 on flowers.
everyone is getting a strawberry dipped in white chocolat..that is setting them back $4.95 PER berry.
all kinds of people they know but normally don't talk to.
i just look at it as all fake.

the best part is, this is the second wedding for both of them, and the dude that married my bro in law to his first wife is marrying these two.
bwuahahahahahahaha

the brides mother is serbiam orthodox and has been giving her a very hard time about not getting married by an orthodox priest OR a non denominational minister...the minister is a baptist i guess.

i just don't need, nor do i want to be around any of that.
it blows...

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:24 PM
link   

mountain of a molehill? lol. With any luck maybe you will see some awesome drunken arguments and etc. Those are always entertaining.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

mountain of a molehill? lol.

probably....my anxiety just gets the better of me in these situations. i am out of my element. wearing a suit. around all these wanna be hitters. they know a lot of people that work for the city doing whatever and they all have boats and this and that...

i call em high society people....they're not rich but definately not the kind of people i would chill with.

i don't belong in with them

know what i mean

edit*
i KNOW someone there is going to try and give me the orthodox lecture cause i can not cover the tattoos on my hands.

i just don't want a lecture cause it will put me in a mood and i don't want to ruin their day.....

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Boondock78]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

damn did you just go in there and say my body is your canvis

i would die at the number of needles that must have been used,

did it hurt?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:12 PM
link   

hah i know where you are coming from, I have the same issues. At a certain point though, I just think - screw it, let's cause a ruckus! I love dressing up -i have this blazer with skulls embroidered all over it, perfect for weddings!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Hehehe!! cover your hands in bandages and tell them you burnt them on the kettle making a pot of green tea.

You can use the bandages to hide the nicked prezzies in later

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul

damn did you just go in there and say my body is your canvis

i would die at the number of needles that must have been used,

did it hurt?

my body is a canvas. i have 59 tattoos. they all hurt to some degree but for example, the biceps were easy but the knuckles were BAD man....i am talking bad....

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

hah i know where you are coming from, I have the same issues. At a certain point though, I just think - screw it, let's cause a ruckus! I love dressing up -i have this blazer with skulls embroidered all over it, perfect for weddings!

i'm not going with the skulls but i am going all black.
from shoes/socks to the tie...all black.....

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
You are making way to big a deal out of this, and I really think it's unfair for you to call a wedding a "fake" event. A wedding should be however a couple wants it to be in order to make their big day special, whether it's a courthouse wedding or a big party.

I was in my best friends Catholic wedding, it was a big event of about 150 people, I barely knew anyone there and I was fine. You will be fine too, stop being so paranoid.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by snowflake_obsidian

it is fake though. take her mother for example....for more than 2 months now the mom of the bride has been giving her 37 year old daughter hell for not having the ceremony in the serbian church.
guilt trips and the whole deal...you can bet tomorrow though she is gonna be all smiles when everyone is around....that IS fake. it's plastic and i don't like being around people like that...

am i being paranoid? probably. i suppose thats why i go see a psych eh?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Just go Boondock and get it over with. Those folks aren't any better then you! It's only 5 hours out of your life and you'll probably never see them again. Do your best for the fiance' sake and ignore the drunks, if at all possible. Smile and fake having a good time.
Meditate on the relief you will have when it's all over. It's just a minute fraction of time, out of your life.

If all else fails..... Go with the Mad Cow Disease. Good- Luck!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Sure there are people who ACT fake at a wedding but that doesn't mean a wedding is fake. I'm sorry, I think you're pretty cool but I am kinda thinking that your view on weddings is a bit snobbish, like you think your wedding was the only right way to do it.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I indeed think marriage is fake. Doug Stanhope said it best. I'll try to find a clip...

warning, off-color language

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:43 PM
link   
OK Boondock get your poop together. You will be just fine. Just remember the wedding is not about you.

It's all about the Bride. You have one of the most important parts in the whole wedding...the music. During the wedding everybody walks to your direction with the music. You get all anxious and mess up...poof....everybody messes up.

As far as your tats go....be proud of them....they don't make you more or less of a person. Believe me I hob nob with the best and the worst groups. I never hide my tats or worry what someone may think of me because of them. I have a beautiful butterfly tat on my left...uh...chest and when I wear low cut dresses or shirts it shows perfectly.

Just hold your head high and enjoy the show.
Make your ATS family proud.

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Well Mr. Boondock, how did things go at the so called blessed event last night?
Not too many fights? No one fell drunk into the punch bowl? No police called out?

Enquiring minds want to know.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join