It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ghost Balloon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Personally I have have placed very little if any creed in the precept of a ghost...other then the one and only Holy Ghost.

That being said, a couple of years ago, I personally thought I had seen something in my own home on my own home security cam that appeared to be a gray individual that appeared in the middle of thin air..I have no proof of it nor do I make claim other then I had that experience.

When you talk about something like that, its pretty hard to get anyone to believe you...

A couple years later, oddly enough, today, some friends of mine were telling me about a recent phenom in which security video in a local mall caught what appears to be a shadow perhaps carrying or walking a balloon.

Suspicious of these types of things, but referencing the one I had a couple of years ago...I took a look at it..All I can say is who knows...

Rather then drawing my own unfounded conclusions, I posted it up on youtube and I present it to BTS/ATS for inspection and criticism as I am no expert in this field.

I am aware of video image crawl from bit comparison type DVR recorders, but this almost appears to be someone walking. Your comments are welcomed. I make no claim to the validity of this other then these are two people that are very good friends of mine and the demeanor of the conversation and presentation was one of trust.

Look under the Balloon as it travels. See if there is movement or what appears to be a faint gray image. Its really hard to tell..

[edit on 7-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
I am aware of video image crawl from bit comparison type DVR recorders, but this almost appears to be someone walking. Your comments are welcomed. I make no claim to the validity of this other then these are two people that are very good friends of mine and the demeanor of the conversation and presentation was one of trust. Enjoy.

Sorry - this is just a baloon floating in a room, isn't it? What am I missing?

[edit on 7-12-2007 by LoneWeasel]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by LoneWeasel

Take a look at the area under the balloon and look very carefully at what appears to be something moving that is not round at times...

Like I said..Its up to you..look under the balloon..

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I tend to lean towards a current of air pushing the balloon. Nothing paranormal.

Air duct, heat vent... many 'rational' possibilities. I didn't see any movement from the balloon that appeared to be forced, other than by air.

The string hanging from the balloon all but confirms this by its dragging or following motion, rather then in a 'leading' position.

Now I'm not ruling out the possibility of a ghost off camera holding a fan, but I don't see anything paranormal in the vid

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Dont look at the Balloon but rather under it...
There is a light gray shadow of some type..and you can see it move..
Sometimes it looks like the Balloon, other times it appears to move..

Turn your brightness on your monitor down..it helps I think...

Peace

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

OOOOOOOOOoooooh yes! I see what you mean!

Cool vid.

I still think it's probably the shadow and it's the slightly poor quality that makes it look weird - the reason I say that is that the shadow appears to be in front of the baloon all the time, which judging by the lighting is where you would expect it to be...

LW

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Now when i saw this for the first few second's i was thinking it's a balloon in a store being guided by air current's.

Then i saw what you were talking about with the shadow being distorted now when i saw this i started to scan the rest of the area for other shadow's.

Now as soon as i did this i saw another larger shadow shape in the bottom left well before the balloon got there.

Ok so now here it get's a little wierd to me the shadow on the bottom left seemed to have it's arm's out almost guiding the smaller shadow so to speak.

I was very suprised at the end when the smaller shadow returned to the larger one on the bottom left.

And then even more suprised when it looked like the larger one picked the smaller one up just before the end.

Please note im not easily taken in by the said ghost evidence around but this is odd.

Im thinking more on the line's of shadow peaple maybe even teaching there younger one's how to manipulate solid matter.

I know that last sentence sounded a little whacko but i do beleive in shadow peaple and i also beleive there not here to harm us.

They just exist on a different level of reality a different frequancy if you will.

Regard's
Lee

[edit on 7-12-2007 by h3akalee]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Wow, before I watched the video I was a bit skeptical of you rpost, but I can honestly see some sort of anomaly almost human like in form. I dont know if it is authentic but definently an interesting piece of footage. Good post

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:32 AM
link   
hmm thats a wierd video , I dont think that the shadows is cast by the baloon because arround the 44 second you can see the shadow of the baloon (a circular shadow that matches the baloons shape) . No idea what it is but I do see a shape there also . Hmm any experts that could check if that video wasnt edited ?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
Take a look at the area under the balloon and look very carefully at what appears to be something moving that is not round at times...

Like I said..Its up to you..look under the balloon..

I see the darker area, and appears to be multiple shadows and reflections created by the multiple track lights that can be seen reflecting on the floor. Remember that each light is going to cast a shadow in an opposite direction from the location of the light above it, and you have a lot of lights hitting this balloon from different angles.

[edit on 12/7/2007 by defcon5]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a balloon moving around, with a shadow being cast as a result of the overhead lights. What's the point?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:51 AM
link   
There's nothing wierd about that video at all. It's just a balloon that got loose. There's a lot of reflective surfaces in that place so the shadow doesn't have to be singular and round all the time. It is kind of meditative to watch though and it's nice to think there's a ghostly kid who's found a new toy to play with..

[edit on 7-12-2007 by wigit]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I must admit i thought i would see a silouette of something like a hand or legs but all i see is a balloon drifting around the store.
I don't see anything wrong with the shadow either.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:00 AM
link   
You know when a balloon looses its helium but not all of it, it starts to do exactly that. Just kinda levitate, slowly moving up and down and just in between the ceiling and floor, because their roughly at a point where they can just stay level but it fluctuates.

And for all we know there could have been a draft or an air conditioner or a fan involved, and heck I bet even without such things the fluctuations of the weight of the balloon due to the loss of helium could cause it to act in such a way.

EDIT: Woah! I just took the liberty of viewing it on youtube itself, thus getting a bigger picture, and I see the figure!

Notice though when the balloon moves over the reflection of the ceiling light early on in the vid at around 00:42 you clearly see the shadow of the balloon itself but nothing more...very strange...

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Kacen]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

Thats your opinion and that's FINE lol.

Regard's
Lee

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by h3akalee
Now when i saw this for the first few second's i was thinking it's a balloon in a store being guided by air current's.

Then i saw what you were talking about with the shadow being distorted now when i saw this i started to scan the rest of the area for other shadow's.

Now you see what I mean...At first I saw nothing..then I was looking at the shadows and they got larger and smaller. If one looks at the balloon, all they will see is a Balloon.

Its the subtle shadows...Does someone have some video filters they can run on it to see if they can pull those shadows off the video?

Im not interested in the action of the balloon so much as I am the light gray shadow that appears at time to be the balloon, that sometimes looks like its moving...

Peace

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HIFIGUY

Hello, I had some time tonight, so I kept an open mind to take a look at the video you posted here.
After reading the replies I can say everyone pretty much sumed it up by saying it was the current of the AC in there that was moving the ballon around.. Nothing specail there..

And the said shadow on the ground is a simple play of the eyes.. A shadow that looks like something to some, and nothing to others..
Ive become very adapt with paranormal here in the last year.
Here is a thread I did about just such an event.. A play of the eyes, what do you see in this?
There is a fine line between these 2 things and paranormal. Sometimes they are connected, sometime they are not. Depends on the said event.

I can honestly say there is nothing here and we should move on..
I dont want to shoot you down or be mean or anything, because its good that we have people like you looking and hunting for such things..
But if you dwell on things like this it doesnt do any good..

Move on and keep on searching.. If you are looking for paranormal energy to manifest. Or you can always try to capture elementals.. Which I found is easy to do. However what I consider to be an elemental is not paranormal energy manifestation. But our own manifestation on our surroundings.. U2 me if you have any questions.

Ive found with my paranormal research in 1 year, I have no videos to post. No real ghost pics to share, and its pretty boring overall..
But for me I really enjoy it, so its not boring to me..
But if I had a TV show, or shared my EXP with ghost hunting, you would all fall asleep!! hehe its true.. But maybe someday I will get something worthy of talking about on here.

So thats my advice to you, and What I feel about this thread..

[edit on 8-12-2007 by zysin5]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zysin5
And the said shadow on the ground is a simple play of the eyes.. A shadow that looks like something to some, and nothing to others..

That was a short and perfect example of someone pointing out something that I had overlooked..an optical illusion.

White floor, blue balloon..Just like the gray dots that appear in the crosshatch below...The addition compression of the video from Youtube adds even more movement to an already white floor...which is not as evident on the orignal..Either way...Im of the agreement this is nothing..

End of story..Move on

Peace

[edit on 8-12-2007 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 06:04 AM
link   
That grey shape you are on about is just a shadow - remember there are multiple light sources so the shadow is mostly defused.

Also if that is security camera footage then all it is is the few minutes where the balloon is just boyant enough to support it's own weight + the string - 5 minutes before it would of been higher, 5 mins after it would be lower, that would be clear to the sad sod the edited just that section out

posted on Dec, 8 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The actual footage is 13 Minutes and observing it without Youtube compression does remove all moving compression shadows on the floor interestingly enough.

The Timecode on the video and the added clarity allows you to see some things in the shadow that I dont see here quite as well..

If anyone wants to see full 13 meg video..just email me and Ill shoot it over..

[email protected]

Peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join