It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least *9* Shot Dead at Omaha Mall

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I dont think this is in anyway tied to the President.. whether or not you think the gunner was trying to kill him or that he was actually involved, there is absolutely no evidence to say such.

He drove to the mall while Bush was at his fundraiser, he got out and CASED the store. Then he left. Called his land lady and told her what a F-up he was and then put an AK47 Assault Rifle with 7.66mm rounds under his hoody (musta been a big sweatshirt.. ) .. Then casually walked past security, got on an elevator and as soon as the doors open began firing.

Sounds like a messed up kid with real issues that where ignored. There could have been worse places for this to happen, for instance he could have shot up a school but luckily he waited to snap until he was out of high school.

All you who see some deep seeded conspiracy .. You would all make mediocre fiction writers.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

AK47 Assault Rifle with 7.66mm rounds under his hood

1st, was it an AK47 or an SKS?

2nd, WTH is a 7.66mm round? Last I knew both the AK47 and the SKS were chambered in 7.62x39mm and there was no such thing as a "7.66mm."

Let me guess? The all-knowing gun-grabbing hysterical media pumped this one out?

Wouldn't be surprised. I spent an afternoon trying to convince some guy there was no such thing as a "Desert Eagle revolver" but because he say it on the news it had to be right.

I need to add that SKS and the AK47 and the mini-30 are all essentially the same so I suggest you save the "assault rifle" tags/prejudices for a more ignorant audience.

[edit on 6-12-2007 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

...a couple of articles mentioned the Kalashnikov.

Later they found that the young man had “stolen” an AK-47 automatic weapon from his stepfather. He had two magazines with 30 rounds each, the chief said, that “had the capacity to fire multiple rounds in a short period of time.”

www.nytimes.com...

apc

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by anhinga

Nutjobs shooting up a shopping mall is not a result of our freedom. It is from the glorification of murder, and the pussifying of the people. Children who grow up around guns learn to respect the power one has when holding such a device. It's the same power we have when we drive a car. Psychos plow cars into crowds of people and nobody cries for more driving restrictions.

These incidents are a symptom, not the problem. We need to return to a culture that respects guns as tools for food and defense, not demonized or glorified as implements of unwarranted violence.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Seems like some conflicting info. on the type of rifle used, from the BBC:

Police say he probably fired more than 30 rounds from an SKS assault rifle.

news.bbc.co.uk...

...on the edit: the kid was on Prozac. There's about 10,000 hits on G about a linkage to suicidal impulses. So, the obvious blame is that imo.

The FDA admitted really recently it's "behind" in its science. Well, unless Americans complain about that, don't doubt more of this type of behavior. Post-Columbine there was a "drop" until this year -- this is the third. All, disturbed young people on seemingly toxic, untested, artificial substances.

Don't get that flu shot/Tamiflu -- it's a more potent Angel Dust.

Here's the recent news from the FDA:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 03:20 PM
link   
wow when browsing this thread this ad came up

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc
reply to post by mad scientist

Maybe Australia's skin cancer rate is God's way of punishing them for denying freedom to their people.

I guess America's obesity rate is one of many ways god is showing his displeasure with America.
Fact is Australia is a much freer place than America, i have experience living in both countries. America is the only democratic country in the world where her people think they need guns for freedom ( completely ridiculous notion of course ). Obviously you don't hvae too much confidence in your country.

I suppose it's only fitting. Australia started off as a bunch of prisons. Big surprise that it ends as one.

Oh and who is keeping us prisoner ? Australians for the most are far more down to earth than Americans. We don't see conspiracy around every corner and we don't fear our government. We do't have any fear of gun massacres like you, we are just fine without them.

Apparently there's hasn't been a single peep on Capitol Hill about the incident nor any asinine attempts to tie it into a call for gun control. Maybe this congress has some common sense after all. We'll see what the day brings.

Do you think that if they take away your guns, your penis will shrink ?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by apc

Whatever you do, apc, don't tell him that gun crime has been up since the "buy-back" and bans in Australia. That might not sit well with him.

www.gunsandcrime.org...
www.gunsandcrime.org...
www.abc.net.au...
www.worldnetdaily.com...
www.fff.org...
newswithviews.com...
www.boingboing.net...

Love the quote:

"So yes, by focusing on lower firearm homicides and suicides gun control advocates show that gun control “works,” but only by totally ignoring the overall homicide and suicide rates, which are totally unaffected by gun control."

Oh yes and how many gun massacres have we had since ? Absolutely none. People in Australia feel far safer that guns are illegal. Theya re the facts, your articles are trying to make some link between guns and the overall crime rate, not very convincingly mond you, I was not. Fact is without gun crimes. You have a massacre here it seems every couple of weeks. Is it worh it because you hve a small penis ?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wait, what's this about Bush being involved with all this? The guy can barely tie his shoelaces and is in charge of the entire free world [although this remains to be seen that we're really free. I can still post that he's a douchetote and not get in trouble], and he was eating a $1k/plate meal not two hours before.

Let me get this conspiracy straight. . .

He slipped away from his meal, followed by his bodyguards, and contacted a pimple-faced emo kid with the intent of shooting up a von maur--a consumer-friendly store where rich people shop. . . I can't go on, this just sounds silly. Why did Bush want to send an emotionally distraught kid who lost his girlfriend and job on a suicide mission on his own people?? What did he do as well? Put a gun from the depot in the closet for the rampage?

Lets focus on the issue, here, ladies. I'm just glad no kid walked into my library with a gun today.

[Edit:]And gun control won't keep the non-law-abiding citizen from carrying some ammo. All that does is make the law-abiding citizens bigger targets. Just what I want, but then again, I don't want to carry a gun to work. I don't want to kill anyone in defense or otherwise.

[edit on 12/06/2007 by D_Marx]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:21 AM
link   
If concealed carry permits weren't so demonized and those people armed, I doubt this headline would read the way it does.

"Gunman shot dead by armed citizens in mall before Rampage. Public praises responsible gun control"

Ahhh in a perfect world.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

Wow hitting me up with "you have a small penis"

C'mon mods this guy needs applause for sure!

Maybe you can be a "Subject Matter Expert" on my genitalia?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I heard but I don't know for sure but was this mall another " gun free zone " ?

I think that Neb. just got the CC this year.

I guess what I'm saying is that gun free zones are for those that follow the law and not the lawless.

Roper

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
While the UK may not have easy access to guns, Scotland and England remain at the top of the list of most dangerous countries of violent crime.

According to who? WorldNutDaily?

UK homicide rate is 2.03 compared, England and Wales is 1.62. Compare that to the US with 5.9

Our gun crime rate is 0.5

and,lets not forget this tragic event from history

The Dunblane massacre was a multiple murder-suicide which occurred at Dunblane Primary School in the Scottish town of Dunblane on 13 March 1996. Sixteen children and one adult were killed, as well as the attacker who committed suicide. It remains the deadliest attack on children in United Kingdom history.

en.wikipedia.org...

We banned handguns after that. Since then, we haven't had one single school massacre. Gun control works.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I'm a gun owner and an assualt weapons owner. I'd like to know how he 'stole' the weapon. Was it securely locked-up? Was it lying around in a closet? I believe there is some responsibility on the part of the weapon's owner. I'm a staunch gun rights person but that said, I believe we also have the reponsibility to secure our weapons. If you don't bad things can happen.

Look at our own government. They failed to secure weapons in Iraq and over $1B dollars worth disappeared. And we all know they didn't get stolen by the 'good guys'.

apc

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
We banned handguns after that. Since then, we haven't had one single school massacre. Gun control works.

So you measure the success of the enslavement of your people by how often a school gets bathed in blood?

What was the frequency of school massacres prior to stripping your people of their right to defend themselves?

Do you have the data charted? Where you have a consistent rate of school deaths that suddenly drops with the only possible correlation being the abolishment of freedom?

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I just heard the 911 tapes.
That's so sad........ you could hear how big the gun was.
What an evil 19 year old!
When I was a teenager, depressed kids thought it would be good to kill themselves, not others!
Either way it's murder.

He was on psych meds and had been a state ward for four years?

Also, some of his (friends) threatened people from his school for "talking" about him?
Very Fishy!

People, raise your children so they are not selfish BRATS!!!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:23 AM
link   
This Site
Has some interesting links.

What's going on with these poor, misled, evil people?

Here's testimony from the shooter at Pearl, Miss. Shooter

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Clearskies]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Clearskies

you could hear how big the gun was.

So it sounded tiny?
I feel this compulsion to correct firearms misconceptions.

Whether it was an SKS an AK-47 or a Mini-30 (they're all the same and depending on what color they are they can all be called "assault weapons" (whatever they are) by an ignorant public)) they all shoot the 7.62x39mm round which, in the hierarchy of ammunition is a tiny fellow dwarfed by the majority or rounds in use. Stick it next to a 7.62 NATO or a .308 or a .30-06 and it looks tini tiny.

In this image the 7.63x39mm used is 4th in from the left just between "STATES" and "OF." Besides the 3 that are larger in the photo there are many other calibers available between them. Most rounds are larger than the 7.62x39mm.

Still, even if he was shooting .50BMG's that wouldn't make his gun "big." A large gun would make his gun "big", even if shooting .22's or .177 BB's.

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Two words.

Gun control.

Many nations have measures on the access to firearms and it works.

Yeah, like here in AU.

The general public has been totally disarmed...!!!

Semi-automatic Guns are Banned & new laws are comming in for Regular Bolt action Rifles that will require not just a licence, but a professional reason to own them.. "Ie, farmer, Roo Shooter, etc..."

Even Knives are banned.

But answer me this.

If Indonesia & Malaysia decided to invade AU tomorrow, & with less than 30,000 regulars & under 100,000 Reserves. What chance of repelling the invasion would we have if volunteers have nothing to fight with?

AU is one of the most under defended countries on earth.

What if we got sick of our government kicking us down all the time.. It's pretty hard to rebel without any kind of weapons that wouldn't get you embarassingly laughed at...

You guys in the US might have a lot of gun violence, but atleast the average man & woman could help to repel an invader, should the need ever arise.

Seriousely, you don't want to go down our path. Not with all the enemies your country has..lol

The only thing that stops AU from being invaded is the fact that we are allied to your country. How long will that last though..heh

[edit on 12/7/2007 by Ironclad]

posted on Dec, 7 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Dero

I disagree with this. The first thing I thought was that if there were many armed citizens about in the mall when the shooter began his rampage, who would have known whom to shoot? Maybe a couple of people would ID the real shooter, but what about those late to the scene only witnessing two people drawing a line on the shooter? Then maybe three or more armed shooters would start taking shots at the first responders. And, unfortunately, so on and so on. In a multi-story shopping mall it really clear to me that chaos would've on an even broader scale because folks would have been targeting each other in fear. Not everyone can be at the right place at the right time to squash the situation, to nip it in the bud, and not every one would have been capable of assessing the situation correctly and handling their firearms responsibly in such a stressful situation. Especially since malls are family oriented places If there were 25 armed citizens within range of the original shooter, you can bet that armed innocents would have been shot and killed by other armed innocents due to mass confusion. Then SWAT would have arrived to possibly kill even more people. It would have been an even bigger mess, I think.

[edit on 7-12-2007 by Areal51]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join