It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least *9* Shot Dead at Omaha Mall

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Yeah, this sounds like another govt black ops. Like Columbine, VTech, all those other school shootings, etc. And Bush just happened to leave an hour before the massacre.

The govt proly has fools with chips in their heads everywhere, ready to kill. Sounds like a good plan to help subdue a country full of people with heaters.

apc

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by -0mega-

I think you mean snow in the sun.

This incident could actually be the result of gun control. The mall is a Gun Free Zone, meaning law abiding citizens with concealed carry permits can't carry their guns into the mall. Had the mall management not embraced such a stupid policy, someone might have taken this nut out before he achieved the body count that he did.

We had a mall shooting here a couple years ago. The shooter was killed rather quickly by an armed shopper.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
CNN

Um.....

Does that picture look like someone belonging to a special forces mission of some kind of psyop plan gone wrong?

Thanks for that pic. I had been wondering about this fool since I heard about this, but now I see for sure.

I just knew he was white, lol.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:22 AM
link   
America needs...

Gun control.... period

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by apc

This mall is a "Gun Free Zone"?

Well, that explains it. When I heard this was happening in Nebraska I fully expected the story to end with the shooter being shot to death by an armed bystander. It's Nebraska for Christ's sake! The state is nothing but hunters and ranchers. But then, Omaha has gone the nanny state, fear everything irrationally route that most cities across the nation have gone. I wonder if the rest of Nebraska even considers Omaha to be part of Nebraska like Montanan's disavow Bozemen, Coloradan's disavow, Boulder, Aspen, Brekenridge, and Texans disavow Austin?

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by communicator

But don't you want America to be the crime free bastion that is Norway, Sweden, Switzerland..?

You want to go back and forth on gun control there are hundreds of threads already on it. Go read them or offer something new to one of them.

Harvard Journal of Law

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
Two words.

Gun control.

Many nations have measures on the access to firearms and it works.

Buzz wrong!! Try loving and supporting parents. If he didn't get thrown out on his head when he was 17 this wouldn't have happened. Don't reply when you don't have a clue on what really happened.

Gun Control violates our 2nd amendment rights. But what does that have to do with anything? A young man along 8 others are dead because no one gave a flying leap for him.

People don't care!! Peroid.

And you think you solved America's problem by stating gun control? I think not.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leyla

Buzz wrong!! Try loving and supporting parents. If he didn't get thrown out on his head when he was 17 this wouldn't have happened. Don't reply when you don't have a clue on what really happened.

i'm with you....also, there already is 'gun control'..we don't need more severe rules, imo...
someone didn't love this dude enough or something and this day in age, with the media and youtube, these re's think they are gonna go out in style and be famous...
he is 'famous' today..
tomorrow when britney paints her nails, people will have already forgotten about him....

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Boondock78
Tomorrow when Britney paints her nails, people will have already forgotten about him....

Unfortunality that maybe true- but it shouldn't be. People need to be more aware of their family and friends and make sure their ok and don't let them sink so low. I won't forget him nor will I forget those who died. It will remind me daily how fragile life is.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by communicator
America needs...

Gun control.... period

Gun control means using both hands to steady your weapon.

It's an easy decision choose if you want to be a victim or a gun owner. Thank God I live in the USA where we still have the right to protect ourselves. I'm sure there are many of you out there on this board who believe big brother will take care of you from cradle to grave. I'm an independent thinking man and smart enough to know government cannot protect you or your loved ones.... EVER!

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
And yet again the issue of gun control comes up - and with good cause.

There's also lots of fallacies about the UK, Australia and other countries with stringent control.

They've been discussed here and in a multitude of other threads.

The problem I have with these guys, regardless of mental health issues, is that they always want to take others with them - a gun just makes that easier to do.

[edit on 6/12/2007 by budski]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
And while we're at it, let's make it illegal to buy gasoline in any container. After all, this person could have filled glass bottles with it and added liquid soap and made napalm.

Let's ban rocks, because they can be dropped from bridges and overpasses.

Let's ban everything and sit home watching American idol waiting for the government to tell us what to do, where to do it, what to wear while we're doing it and when to do it.

Kind of intersting that the above methods you listed aren't used for mass murder. Seems that everytime there is a massacre someone has a gun.
Australia used to have gun massacres, but we banned guns, guess what no more gun massacres. guess it works, but it America there are too mnay rednecks who think the size of their schlong is directly related to how many or how big their gun is.

Problem is in America, the cats out of the bag. You ban guns
there are still 200 million of them floating around I'm glad I'm Australian, although living nextdoor to this attrocity in Manhattan, Kansas.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   
(dup post)

[edit on 6-12-2007 by anhinga]

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
...trying to find out where in Omaha he was, got this so far... anyone else w/ more links as to his itinerary throughout that day?

Members of the SWAT team and other police personnel had been assembled Wednesday morning to provide security for the president's visit to a south Omaha medical clinic and a fundraiser for Republican Senate candidate Mike Johanns.

www.zwire.com...

apc

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mad scientist

Maybe Australia's skin cancer rate is God's way of punishing them for denying freedom to their people.

I suppose it's only fitting. Australia started off as a bunch of prisons. Big surprise that it ends as one.

Apparently there's hasn't been a single peep on Capitol Hill about the incident nor any asinine attempts to tie it into a call for gun control. Maybe this congress has some common sense after all. We'll see what the day brings.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:29 PM
link   
...just noticed this aside from the health clinic he was speaking at:

President Bush stopped in Omaha this morning for a private, thousand-dollar-a-plate fundraiser.

www.kduhtv.com...

Before 9 a.m., Johanns supporters were lined up near Cunningham Lake to attend the event at Walter Scott's property. The president's ninth visit to Nebraska will be a quick stop to show support for Johanns, who is seeking the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate seat to be vacated by Republican Chuck Hagel.

www.ketv.com...

[edit on 6-12-2007 by anhinga]

apc

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I think it's more likely this kid chose the day because Bush would be there, rather than Bush was personally overseeing some sort mind control operation. Even if this were some sort of black op, Bush would certainly not be made informed of the details.

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Whatever you do, apc, don't tell him that gun crime has been up since the "buy-back" and bans in Australia. That might not sit well with him.

www.gunsandcrime.org...
www.gunsandcrime.org...
www.abc.net.au...
www.worldnetdaily.com...
www.fff.org...
newswithviews.com...
www.boingboing.net...

Love the quote:

"So yes, by focusing on lower firearm homicides and suicides gun control advocates show that gun control “works,” but only by totally ignoring the overall homicide and suicide rates, which are totally unaffected by gun control."

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
...still think it's shady. He spoke at, guess where?

-The One World Community Health Center

posted on Dec, 6 2007 @ 12:58 PM
link   
...this is too much. So, the "assault weapons ban" came and went in 2004. Not re-signed and adults can get semi-automatic weapons now and kill at will.

The kid went on this spree w/ the AK-47, which his father or step-father had around the house.

Time and again these killings are happening since the parents aren't doing anything to stow the guns away.... either get the 'biometrics' on these kinds of weapons or, maybe bring the ban back -- otherwise, you got weapons of war in the hands of children w/ serious suicidal impulses on the loose in Anywhere, U$A. I'm all for gun rights, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

en.wikipedia.org...

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join