It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lets discuss the difference between "Evidence," "Proof," and "The Rest."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Ok, I'm new here and I'm already sick of the amount of people trying to "prove" things via pieces of entertainment like paperwork and blurry videos. Let's be honest, the pieces of paperwork, "so called" interviews, and undetailed youtube video is only for entertainment purposes. It only serves to elevate our imaginations.

Don't get me wrong, I TOO BELIEVE ALOT OF IT! I want to, but it doesn't make it fact. The reason we are called crazy by 99% of America is because we don't even provide real empirical EVIDENCE!. That's right, most of what we put here is fabricated! We let those people who are stupid and bored enough to make up evidence to have HUGE threads here. They make us look stupid. Some CGI artist or lesser gives us some blip on a screen and we go, "OOOOHHHH!!! MYY!!!!"

On top of the fact that the majority of the videos can't even be considered real evidence because of the lack of any detail.

We are open minds. We don't realize the rest of the sheeple are not. If you want to impress people, read the posts then walk outside. Believe me, if someone said some Dulce lab opening or huge ufo sighting went on outside my little rural town, I'd go camp near that sight for days.

Dangerous? Well maybe, but lets be honest, if you're really this adamant about a subject, wouldn't you rather die knowing the truth? If we are in such dangerous times, why don't more of us step up and be patriots?

I have deviated from my point. The real problem is that a lot of you believe these things are "proof positive" because you want to think they are. They are not, just so you know. They are entertainment. They are as useful as star trek episodes. No one pays attention to anything that isn't rock solid proof.

In the end, DO NOT post silly pieces of pseudo-evidence and call it FACT! I know you see it and get excited, but think first. I get excited too, but if I watch it a few more times, I start to find problems with it. As is human nature, we need to feel as if we are important.

Again, I'm in the same boat as most of you. There are so many respectable, powerful people giving witness to events. They seem real. They probably are real. But all of that is probable evidence, which gives us nothing, not even "real" evidence.

Get what I'm saying? Next time I see "PROOF" on this site I hope it is a guy videotaping a grey in his living room for 2 and a half hours saying "JESUS CHRIST!!" while his wife screams and his kids laugh at it.

I love ya all.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
well said, sounds like the recent rant I had last week.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Haha, yeah I almost didn't post because the "rantiness" of it.

Sorry for reiterating your post buddy.

Glad to see we have some level-headed-open-mindedness here.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:02 AM
link   
but you make a good point. sick and tired of all the people claming these videos are proof. I mean really? I had more chance proving god was real by using some sense than to post a video, you know what I mean?

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
but you make a good point. sick and tired of all the people claming these videos are proof. I mean really? I had more chance proving god was real by using some sense than to post a video, you know what I mean?

You pose a great question I wish I would have added. I believe in a God. I believe it UFOs and some sort of alien. Do my beliefs mean anything? Nope, they are based on faiths and are as useless as a fairy-tale.

You're friended. Thanks for the Thoughtful posts.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jedimiller
I had more chance proving god was real by using some sense

Those who have already experienced that know its real. People who have experienced healings and things like that.

than to post a video, you know what I mean?

Agreed, the videos alone are not proof, but taken along with insider testimony and documents, the evidence is considerable.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Well, lets start out by examining the word "empirical", shall we?

"Empiricism" is defined, by most dictionaries to also refer to evidence gained by first hand experience.

There are a lot of people who have had first-hand experience with UFOs. Hearing them report it is, of course, second hand. But when you have about a hundred second-handers you are way beyond statistical probability and can say that 100 second-handers = 1 first hander.

Plenty of empirical evidence around.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 06:05 PM
link   
OP, did you read the heading on this forum? It says aliens and UFOs in fairly large letters. It's where people come to talk about these things.

Your post reminds me of a guy that took the wrong turn to a funeral and ended up at an meeting of the local optimists club. He asked, "What are you people so happy about?"

Now you might note that in by signature I make it plain that I'm not convinced, but open to all the possibilities. And it would be a shame if someone had some good evidence, and then failed to post it because they were talked out of it by someone like you.

Yes, I'll wade through a lot of manure if there's a chance a diamond was ate by the cows.

But that's just me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by NGC2736
OP, did you read the heading on this forum? It says aliens and UFOs in fairly large letters. It's where people come to talk about these things.

Your post reminds me of a guy that took the wrong turn to a funeral and ended up at an meeting of the local optimists club. He asked, "What are you people so happy about?"

Now you might note that in by signature I make it plain that I'm not convinced, but open to all the possibilities. And it would be a shame if someone had some good evidence, and then failed to post it because they were talked out of it by someone like you.

Yes, I'll wade through a lot of manure if there's a chance a diamond was ate by the cows.

But that's just me.

Where did I ask for the discussion to end? You have not offered me an argument. I think it is all very "considerable" and to the poster above you, I suppose I shouldn't have used the word "empirical," but we still lack any evidence that offers hope of proof.

Your the type of person I enjoy listening to because you aren't sold yet, you know there isn't proof so why let people scream in your ear that they have it?

My wishes are not to silence anyone, I just ask people to stop getting so carried away with words of "PROOF" when they quite obviously cannot provide it. We are like a bunch of kids.

Its all very exciting and I believe and consider much of what is on this board. I think its a great tool, but there hasn't been any ability to back up many of the fanatical claims made. Notice I said many, not all. Some of the posts here, I think, will be of great importance to our futures.

So basically, we can "think," "believe," "discuss," "offer evidence," etc... Just don't say proof unless you can provide it.

Thanks for the input.

EDIT: Add

[edit on 12/5/07 by SantaClaus]

new topics

top topics

join