It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ever get bummed about the lack of activity on here sometimes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:46 PM
link   
i know the ATS end is the main deal but the BTA section roxors. there are so many good threads and there is no activity in them..
i go to bed thinking i am going to get up and have some action in whatever threads and nothing.

i am not only talking about my threads but any threads.

with all these members, there will be days that go by before anothe rpost hits whatever thread....

kinda bums be out....

my little forum of 110 or so people seems to be more active than the BTS sometimes.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
All the time, man... I'm sitting on the other side of the planet, so when all of youse are sleeping, I've just woke up.. :bnghd:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Boondock78

Yeah every morning between 2:00am and 5:00am. I wish more BTSers would not sleep just to entertain this poor robot....

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 01:46 AM
link   
I'm trying as hard as I can........

It's 2:45 AM in my time zone and I do tend to haunt BTS most nights. I do see a lot of the same folks around on the night shift, and as a day sleeper, when I wake up I see a fair bit of action on threads I've followed the night before.

One nice thing about being on the boards at night is that it is quiet. It gives me a chance to catch up on some threads and make posts without having to hammer out replies to people responding to me.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 03:42 AM
link   
It's not just BTS.

I have noticed an increasing lack of activity lately over on ATS as well.

When I first started, it took 20 to 30 flags and close to 100+ replies for threads to make front page and now there are front pagers and even top stories with only 2 or 3 flags and 12 replies or so.

I don't know what's going on.

It even seems like the staff activity has slowed down.

I see nowhere near as many mod edits/warnings/etc lately as I did even a couple of months ago.

Perhaps this is just a slow time of year? Maybe everyone is just gearing up for christmas and dedicating more time to their real lives?

I don't know.

Jasn

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Hi/
I seriously believe that when most of the time is spent on ATS,BTS it just seems to get that way, that's all!
It may help to do something else and get back a little while later.things pick up and slow down all the time!
It all depends on what you mean by 'lack of activity'?
This has happened before on ATS and posted and so it will again and again.

And another thing, some members will look at a post and wont have anything to say because that's the way it happens!

does that help?

:bnghd:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 04:51 AM
link   
lack of activity means lack of activity.
it's not a coded message dude

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I agree..some days it is very slow here...
I come here for entertainment and wind up entertaining myself usually.
Thank god Tets is usually on early in the morning..and Simi...
A few others..or I would be bored silly.
Perhaps the holiday season is a factor right now..
and of course those members who go to work every day.
That leaves the rest of us to come up with content for them to read when they get off work.Wow, thats a new perspective.
Those of us that are on all the time...make up the bulk of user content..woohoo..at least I feel valuable.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Holy double/tripple post batman!

My bad, yell at me all you like!

[edit on 5-12-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Dude(ette) I am up all friggin night! Stoopid late night shift! Oh well I enjoy all the games here on BTS...just wish someone else would play!

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:18 AM
link   
[edit on 5-12-2007 by tetsujin420]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Well, i agree that there is not much action. I have been noticing myself, more so on ATS!

Helen and i made our own fun last night, right Helen?

I have a tendency to visit every thread and stirr something when this happens. Its like being in a housefull of people and everyone is still sleeping.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 07:50 AM
link   
OK, guys, he's probably going to find out sooner or later.

The reason there's less activity is because of the special ATS compartmentalized 'Special Activity' duties.

It all started back in 2004:

Here is our Manuel
(In Spanish; caution: several large images)

This year we are training to replace food with carefully carved and realistically painted substitutes made of wood. (The hardest to do are strawberries, with the little hairs)

Last year we replaced milk and cereal with elmer's glue and ice cream with mashed potatoes.

So you'll have to understand - just like Santa and his Elves, BTS SA squads are very busy this time of year.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 09:53 AM
link   
If you build it, he will come.

Peace

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Well, i agree that there is not much action. I have been noticing myself, more so on ATS!

Helen and i made our own fun last night, right Helen?

I have a tendency to visit every thread and stirr something when this happens. Its like being in a housefull of people and everyone is still sleeping.

(looks around)We did?

I was having fun?
:shk:
Where?

But I really don't know how to have fun!

So,Badge01/
what's this thing you're talking about?

Now Im afraid of clicking links incase my computer explodes or something.....
It says so HERE

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Well, I don't think BTS is nearly as inactive as PTS is. I mean, some of those threads don't move for hours at a time!!! :shk:

A lot of it has to do with the tie of the year, I think. What bothers me is the fact that the moderators haven't really been active. I have to wonder if something is up...

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by helen670

Damnit! I've been rickrolled!

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Well, I don't think BTS is nearly as inactive as PTS is. I mean, some of those threads don't move for hours at a time!!! :shk:

Are you kidding me? PTS is where I check out the recent BB&Q threads

[edit on 5-12-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Ok,
Now I'm confused!
How and why?
You telling lies???
Coz it's not nice to tell lies!

bad things happen to people that lie!
:shk:

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Hey BC!

Must be getting close to your bedtime. When House finishes I'm hitting the wife (I mean hey!!)

MonKey

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Wow it must be REALLY bad when DG isn't getting any action

ATS is starting to look more like 'googletube comments' everyday.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join