It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here is some footage I would like you all to see & short story

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I came home late one night at 4am, and notice this light that was at a stand still. This light was in earth's atmosphere and although it looked like a plane or helicopter at first, it wasn't. It just sat there. I wanted to pass it off as a star but couldn't because it was literally within arms reach and was in fact, in earth's atmosphere. I presume this light was over a city approximately 6-8 miles south of my location.

I video taped this footage in Westminster, CA, where I deemed this light to be over the Irvine / South Orange County area.

I truly couldn't tell you what this light was or is, but it definitely caught my attention, enough to make me start filming 4:10AM.

Here is the direct link to the .avi file. My apologies on some of the quality due to the encoder I used.

Please keep all negative comments out of the forum and only reply on the footage and not the dialog. Thank you.

www.zshare.net...

[edit on 4-12-2007 by weknowyouknow]

[edit on 4-12-2007 by weknowyouknow]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:35 PM
link   
...didn't see your footage, I have a decent connection, w/ some sweet ad/spyware blockers -- your link still was able to freeze Firefox, numerous times & tried to attack w/ numerous pop-ups. Yuck. Just thought I'd like you know it may not be working...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Yea it's Zshare, it does that, I'm sure you'll eventually get to dl...

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Why don't you use a more "friendly" site to host your video?

I use Putfile without any problems, as far as I know.

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by weknowyouknow

Well, I don't see much except a non moving, stationary bright white circular star like light. Next time get yourself an excellent binocular set.

BTW, 50 meg file, mine downloaded in 2 mins. I sorta like z-share now. Thats quick!

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Interesting, would like to see the video but link gives me "File Not Found"

Also I'm confused by this statement... how can something be within arms reach but 6-8 miles away, do you mean arms length off/above the horizon?

I wanted to pass it off as a star but couldn't because it was literally within arms reach and was in fact, in earth's atmosphere. I presume this light was over a city approximately 6-8 miles south of my location.

Thanks

[edit on 12/4/2007 by quick]

posted on Dec, 4 2007 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Please find another server for your video I would be interested to take a look. I also got an error and was not able to see your clip.

posted on Dec, 5 2007 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by weknowyouknow

Edit : Dang, I gotta watch the reversals of my longitudes!

VENUS would be visible to the SE of Westminster at 4:10 am. It's magnitude of at least -4.0 explains the sighting better than a star.

It has been exceptionally bright and clear lately, thus giving the appearance of "being in the atmosphere".

[edit on 12/5/2007 by eaglewingz]

top topics

join