It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US report plays down Iran threat

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

US report plays down Iran threat

news.bbc.co.uk

Iran appears "less determined" to develop nuclear weapons than previously thought, US intelligence officials say.

Tehran halted its nuclear weapons program in 2003 but is continuing to enrich uranium, a National Intelligence Estimate assessment concluded.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well isn't this interesting. Like it says in the article, it makes a preemptive strike against Iran unnecessary. Sanctions are the best coarse of action against Iran IMO. The world doesn't need more war, the world definitely doesn't need any nukes going off either.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Yeah, and you have people like me waiting for everybody else to catch up. At least some of us remember what happened 5 years ago with Iraq. History repeats itself and most of us aren't complete idiots.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadFlagBlues
Yeah, and you have people like me waiting for everybody else to catch up. At least some of us remember what happened 5 years ago with Iraq. History repeats itself and most of us aren't complete idiots.

Iraq was defeated in a war 11 or 12 years before the Gulf War 2 and look how much trouble it has been. Iran is not so weak as their neighbors where. A war with Iran would be ugly, and much longer that Iraq.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I don't think so. With our capabilities, even being as "broke" as we are, we would make very short work of Iran. Though the global Jihad would be a problem as would our frail ties with the SCO. We're pushing an agenda with an ulterior motive and that seems to be VERY clear with some of us.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
...well, a U.S. deficit approaching 9.1$ trillion should be the catalyst for peace, let alone ending war(s).

And maybe the fact that Iran has 11 million people waiting to grab the AK also has something to do w/ it -- otherwise, welcome back Draft!

The Basij is a paramilitary volunteer force controlled by the Islamic Revolutionary Guards; it includes about 90,000 full-time, active-duty uniformed Basij members, up to 300,000 reservists, and a further 11 million men and women who could be mobilized.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
We have to remember the sanctions has effected Iran VERY much. Many don't see a nuclear weapon/program justifying the isolation from the international community.

Many have turned against the Iranian President, in other words, I'm not surprised by the outcomes of this report.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

They haulted such aspirations in 2003. This isn't due to any new sanctions because this information is dated. This has more to do with true intentions and media manipulation.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They did this in 2003 but how much rhetoric have we heard from this administration about Iran since then?

The terrain in Iran is much different than in Iraq, there military would last much longer than the Iraqi military did.

Many more upgraded arms, such as missiles and other electronic equipment, and most likely better trained in these systems use than the Iraqis where.

I'm not saying they would win, but they would put up a better more organized fight.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by LDragonFire]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Yeah, for how long? More than 2 weeks? Probably, but their military is no match for ours, it's the residual effects we'd have to deal with. If we invade another nation, the western world will feel the wrath of a united Muslim world.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:01 PM
link   
as i said in the other thread - the world wants to believe in hope and peace - theres been wars constantly for nearly 6 years now - near enough longer than WW2 - so its time to take stock and breathe

sad to say some people on here want `action` against Iran - which can include glassing them - others though do not.

new topics

top topics

join