It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser unarmed Couple FIFTEEN times

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Four cops couldn't get these people out of the car
They just had to taser them over 15 times for no specific reason

And one of the cops had to use his baton for I don't know what reason!

If the U.N considers this torture, then why still allow it on the streets?

Modern, I am going out on a limb here and guessing that you are a liberal. Correct?

Your title says "Cops Taser unarmed Couple FIFTEEN times"

If there are two, then how come only one was tasered? You said they tasered two of them. You also stated they were tased 15 times. How do you know the amount of times they were tased?

What do you mean they tased him for no reason? He was drunk/disorderly, resisting arrest and disobeyed the direct commands and warnings from law enforcement officers.

Please tell us how you would get a fully grown man out of a car he refuses to leave? He has ignored all verbals commands from the police and his girlfriend/wife. Please enlithen us all

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The problem is that 2 years ago they would have successfully taken command of the situation without the use of a taser, that's the problem.

How do you know this? Do you know if those people in the vehicle have weapons and are just waiting for the prime opportunity to take out a cop?

How on earth is a cop to know what is going on in the mind of someone he has pulled over. IF they are unwilling to obey such a SIMPLE command. Then that would lead one to believe that they are capable of much worse.

And I will totally ditto what Raist said. Completely right now.

Not all cops are bad. And not all citizens are good.

Damned if they do. Damned if they dont.

[edit on 3-12-2007 by greeneyedleo]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneshot1
Reasons for being tased in this situation.... drunk and disorderly, failure to obey a command... LIGHT 'Em UP!!!

*sigh*

What offense did the passenger of this car do? You have to be kidding me. He was not out in anyone's face, he was not driving, he was not abusing people nor attacking people, nor was he being a public nuisance, not was he disorderly until some morons decided to tell him how to deal with a situation beyond his control.

Being drunk is NOT illegal. Least not where I live, in the sane world.

Ya know, its people who scream about their liberties being taken away, yet justify this abhorrent behavior, who make me laugh at this crap.

This is nothing more than a problem CREATED by the law, to JUSTIFY the damn law.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I won't get out of the car... but I'm not resisting...

I bet he gets out of the car the next time a police man tells him to.

Nothing to see here, cut and dry case of Cops doing thier job, good work men, good work.

Id not, thats for sure, I'd stick to my damn principles and make sure I have a way to show the extent of the 'force' exerted on a citizen free of guilt of any crime.

Pathetic.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Bah, this thread is disgusting and in this forum, astounding.

I cannot read any more justification for the actions in the video.

Next time anyone of you is drunk or otherwise inebriated, and not so forthright with the law, when you get tazed or beaten, go cry into your pillow.

But let me ask you, why were so many people up in arms when a protester who was tazed at a political press conferense not so long ago, who was disorderly and disruptive, yet here it's all "Stoopid drunks, lets hurt 'em, hyuk hyuk!" ? Eh?

Hypocrites.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:33 AM
link   

ooooh...these kind of stories just make me tingle all over...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 06:57 AM
link   
There are so many factors to each individual scenario in these types of situations.
Just throwing an example up - When you go to the doctors with say a broken arm, does the doctor cry with you? NO. They firstly are trained to deal with the situation and secondly they, after time, become desenseitized - its a part of the occupation.

Police too become desenseitized after time. Druken morons, violent men and women, verbal abuse and so on. After time, they change and their methods of dealing with situations change.

I know I have done my time in the security industry. Still hold my Crowd Controllers license.

When I first started out I was shocked at just how quickly (some) of the guys I worked with went off the handle and really did go way too far in some situations.

Then one night working a pub in Flemington I was sneak go'd from the side and king hit by a drunken patron who I ejected and refused entry.

Then another time working a pokies venue in heidelberg I was spat apon. Again by someone who had had way too much to drink.

Then another time working a Jewish function in little Collins St, whilst I reached for my mobile phone to call for police assistance, an attempt was made to attack me with a knife. The guy was drunk and looking for trouble, he tried to force his way into the function and when I stood in the doorway blocking his entry, he pulled a knife and tried to stab me in the stomach.

I've had bottles thrown at me, glasses, glass ashtrays, pool cues, knunchuckers and other assorted weapons.

Over time I began to HATE drunken people. They annoyed me greatly with their drunken stupidness.
Guys filled with rage for countless reasons - didn't get to go home with the girl they was chatting up. Got pushed by someone and now want to kill them, the list is endless.

Do you know how difficult it is to talk sense to someone who's pissed out of their mind AND angry?
In the end (as you learn in job) its easier to knock them out. Then they are sleeping and no trouble at all.
And it shouldn't be that way, but it often turns out that way.

Imagine what it would be like for YOU being a cop. Its not an easy job at the best of times, not to mention the danger you work under on a daily basis. Dont be so quick to judge unless you've walked a mile in their shoes.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 07:21 AM
link   
BadwOLF.... Daym Sorry, Didnt mean to make your spill your Grog...It's not the fact this mutt was drunk that he was tased, he was resisting and not obaying a lawfull order that led to his being tased, arrested and probably spending the night in jail, all for a beer muscles attitude...

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So the tazer is now the answer to anything and everything...

Lol, your cops must be really crap, over here our coppers woulda just dragged him out and kneeled on his back, handcuffed him and whisked him off to a cell to shake off his hangover...

But sticking 50k Volts through the human body is just barbaric, lazy and pathetic....

But, only in America eh?

[edit on 3-12-2007 by mr-lizard]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by In Plain Sight

What's with these avatars of guns pointing at the viewer. Is that your way of saying you want to shoot all of us out here?

These threads should have a poster with a taser avatar to keep it in character.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Taser guns are killing people, the more they are use as the preferred way to submit the citizens guilty or Innocent they number of death by taser will increase dramatically.

Pepper spray was known to cause damage to the eyes on some individuals but the incidents of death can not compare to what tasers numbers are showing today.

Tasers are killing people.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Four cops couldn't get these people out of the car
They just had to taser them over 15 times for no specific reason

no specific reason? you said it in the same sentence..."Four cops couldn't get these people out of the car

And one of the cops had to use his baton for I don't know what reason!

Exactly, you don't know.

If the U.N considers this torture, then why still allow it on the streets?

1. The UN is Not the US, we do not live by UN guidelines, we only pay their bills.
2. The UN is not a place I'd go for advice, if you would, I pity you.

Being tasered is NOT torture.
The Torture bar is getting lower and lower with each passing moment, next year sometime in September a law will be passed banning farting because it will be considered torture.

I have been tased 2 times (not for criminal issues) and although it really screws you up for a few minutes, it is not what I would consider even remotely torture. I would rather get tased than get salt poured into a paper cut.

Really people, have we resorted to posting every police vid and saying how everything was unjust?
What are they supposed to do with drunks who won't get out of the car when asked? Should they just say.. damn, ok, you got us.. move along now?

Seriously anyone who is against this.. come up with something.. what should they have done (while ensuring the their own safety)

You guys yelling Police State are either out of your minds or just really ignorant.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Pepper spray was known to cause damage to the eyes on some individuals but the incidents of death can not compare to what tasers numbers are showing today.

Tasers are killing people.

Psssssssst, pepper spray has its fair share of deaths as well.

Just thought you should know.

[edit on 3/12/07 by Skibum]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gormly

As usual the information relating to the UN tagging is misinformed due to lack of knowledge of how it became an UN issue.

Perhaps you should learn the facts that brought the tasers to become an UN issue before going for the easy way of bashing the UN first.

This issue was brought by the families of victims from taser guns after the US courts fail to give them fair trials in which bias experts in favor of taser manufacturers claim the taser guns are safe.

This issue was taken by Amnesty international and studies was done on the taser by independent teams.

The results were very impressive when it came to the results and how deadly tasers can be compare to the results done by control groups that resulted on the approval of taser guns to be safe for the use on populations.

Yes every incident of tasser guns deaths or otherwise should be brought to the attention of people as they or any family member could become the next victim to this type of terrorist approved way of population control.

Deny ignorance.

Amnesty International’s concerns about Taser®(1) use: Statement to the U.S. Justice Department inquiry into deaths in custody

web.amnesty.org...

Amnesty International’s continuing concerns about taser use

web.amnesty.org...

USA: Amnesty International concerned at use of tasers in Florida

web.amnesty.org...

[edit on 3-12-2007 by marg6043]

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skibum

Yes I am familiar with the death related by pepper spray, they started to increased after the pepper spray became widely used since the 90s.

But the results coming from taser guns will be higher as they also become widely used and at a faster rate.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Just do as the cop asks.

You aint gotta love or respect him or take him home to your mother.

Just get out the car, get your ticket or go to the cop shop and move on.

It really is that simple.

There have been a few of these posts recently and rather than show how evil your cops are, they actually demonstrate how difficult a job it is for the cop when the person being arrested acts like an a'hole.

The guys deserved it this time round, no question.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I have no problem with defending people for being tazed for the wrong reasons when they do not have it coming.

But we clearly cannot see what events caused this whole scene to occur. This video starts with the cops telling the wife they are trying to get the guy out of the car. We can see that he is resisting from the very start. We do not see why (except that possibly he might have been drunk) but we do not see why he is under arrest.

Is it possible he was doing something to get this sort of attention to start with and it backfired on him? I mean when was the last time anyone has seen that many cops in a car? There had to be some reasoning behind that many cops being there. Where there possibly drugs on him or weapons. They do drag several items the size of a knife or gun clip out of his pants what are those?

I see a lot of defending this guy but with the information we have in the video we can only see the side where he is resisting arrest and fighting with officers in a confined space. From what is seen this guy got what was to be expected. If he would have gotten out at the start of the video the whole seen most likely would not have occurred. It could be that he never would have been arrested to start with but we cannot see his actions prior.

I posted links about pepper spray to show if he had, had a reaction to it we would be having the same discussion. The reason they did not just drag him out is because we are learning a great deal more about BBPs each year and the risks they pose. When getting a screaming, scratching and possibly biting person out of a confined space leather glove or the thin latex gloves are not much protection. Yes, yes they sign up for the job knowing its risks but all jobs pose a risk and someone needs to do them. I for one would not want to be bringing home a BBP to my family because some drunk would not get out of a van and I didn’t use a nonlethal means of getting them to leave it.

Yes people die because of tazer use but I would be willing to be that if you compare the number by the number of times they are used it is less than one would imagine. People die each day in car accidents perhaps we should ban them to. Instead of that we work toward finding a safer car and they do improve, who has proof they are not working on a safer means of nonlethal enforcement.

This guy didn’t die so the crying about tazer death in this case is irrelevant. If he had gotten out instead of resisting he would not have been tazed but I already went over this in previous posts and I’m not going to go over that again.

This time the use of tazer was within the law. The title (again) is misleading only one person gets tazed.

Raist

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   

looks like we all have to wear a tinfoil suit to match our tinfoil hats so the tazer shorts out next time the gestapo decide to target us with it and or that microwave oven on wheels they are refining for crowd control/torture.i dont usually get into hot water with cops but from what i have personally experienced and what old ladies we know have been put thru by some of them--------its not to far fetched to say half the cops are not honest---------or at least they are not cops because they love law and order-----------its just a paycheck for many

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You don't have any context for this video.

Why was the person asked to get out of the car?
Why did he refuse?

What led up to this traffic stop?

Why did the person refuse to comply when asked to get out of the car?

Personally, I think that police work would be very difficult. Once he was asked/told to get out of the car and he refused, what are the options that the police have?

For all those people who believe that this was too violent what should the police do. Should they just let him go? Should they use mace? What should police officers do in this type of situation?

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Still trying to figure out why he had to get out of the car if he was just the passenger? The police in this country are out of control but that goes along with anywhere you give someone control over someone else. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join