It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Taser unarmed Couple FIFTEEN times

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Four cops couldn't get these people out of the car
They just had to taser them over 15 times for no specific reason

And one of the cops had to use his baton for I don't know what reason!

If the U.N considers this torture, then why still allow it on the streets?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Police state in rise, I guess

There's nothing you can do.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Reasons for being tased in this situation.... drunk and disorderly, failure to obey a command... LIGHT 'Em UP!!!

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I won't get out of the car... but I'm not resisting...

I bet he gets out of the car the next time a police man tells him to.

Nothing to see here, cut and dry case of Cops doing thier job, good work men, good work.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I came across a statistic set in an official Taser document for the city I live just outside of that I found a bit disturbing more than I would have thought. It's a PDF document and fairly current.

Without advocating as much as possible the statistic is on page 11 in the blue part of the pie chart. To be fair one should read the whole report and make up their own mind. I admit my own bias but I did read the report fully. The report.

There are other documents that may be of interest at the Taser site.

Mira

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What is the problem here?

First of all, we only see half the incident in this video. Second, the man was warned that if he didn't get out of the car he would be tased. He didn't get out of the car, he got tased.

I'll ask again, what is the problem here?

CT

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Never mind, didn't know they were drunk and disobeying the orders with lack of respect.

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Well for one the police said “you’re under arrest” before any real action started. Not getting out of the car and putting up a fight to stay in the car is considered resisting arrest.

If you have done nothing extreme or out of hand you will be released pretty quickly with nothing more than a subpoena to come to court at a later date. If you’re drunk they usually give you some time to sober up then release you with the same. Lager crimes may require one to be bailed out or bonded out after an initial trial.

This is not like those were the cops blatantly ignore law or job duties. They may have been quick to pull the trigger but getting someone out of a car cannot be that easy since not all of the cops can get in there to pull the guy out.

There are reasons to use such devices as a means of control. For instance today disease is becoming an increasingly larger threat when dealing with the public. You don’t know who has what any more and there are a lot of chances one could contract a BBP (Blood Borne Pathogen) very easily. Even today as we venture out to the store we risk coming in contact with someone who may touch use with an open sore. Cops may carry gloves but that is not going to help you against a biting scratching person. What do you do? You find a means to control an unruly person in the form of a nonlethal way. Are there times when people have died due to tazer use? Yes, but people die every day in hospitals in what are thought to be relatively easy procedures due to some form of complication.

I’m not condoning the use of tazers in every instance by stating this I’m simply condoning it in this instance. The guy was in a vehicle where a weapon could easily be hidden and retrieved relatively quickly. The man also clearly put up a fight when told he was under arrest when no other action had been taken against him or at least not shown in the video if so. This man obviously had an issue with law enforcement officials and paid for it with repeated shocks until he decided to comply.

I’m not saying that there are not bad cops we all know there are, just as there are also bad factory workers and mail people. Bad people manage to show up in every type of career available. Bad cops do get more attention and quite possibly they should so that in time the number of them will reduce. There are though a greater number of good cops out there who’s stories are never told, that is their job and they may not be asking for the attention as well they should not.

Besides the title is misleading as it appears the woman is trying to get the guy out of the van also but is ushered back by the police before they physically try to remove the man for her own safety.

This is of course my opinion of what I saw I cannot account for just prior to the video or just after. I am merely commenting on what I saw and that is that this guy was at fault for getting tazed. Had he gotten out of the van and allowed himself to be placed under arrest he would not have been tazed. Then again his actions prior to the video could be why he was placed under arrest to begin with and might have changed the whole scenario to begin with.

Raist

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
What is the problem here?

First of all, we only see half the incident in this video. Second, the man was warned that if he didn't get out of the car he would be tased. He didn't get out of the car, he got tased.

I'll ask again, what is the problem here?

CT

The problem is that 2 years ago they would have successfully taken command of the situation without the use of a taser, that's the problem.
But here, they needed 15 tases, when they handled worse situations then this without tasers, that's 15 problems right there to answer ur question.

There is a taser craze amongts cops, that's a problem.

Look at the video, they are from a cop car, why would a cop want to release such a video, and other such videos coming from the police officer's vehicle? They are trying to get you used to seeing this, they are conditioning you to think this as normal for a police state.

Just think about it

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
I seem to recall some years ago a lot of press about mace and pepper spray causing issues and the public getting upset about it. So yes two years ago the cops may have used another means to get the guy out of the car but the public’s reaction would most likely be the same. “Those evil cops how dare they use a can of pepper spray to get that guy out of the van” or “Look that guy is gagging and can barely breathe because they used pepper spray he might be allergic or having an asthma attack due to it”.

Basically no matter what the police due there will be those that will not be pleased.

This guy obviously needed multiple hits with the tazer in order for him to “feel” it’s effects. This can happen with anything body size or what chemicals happen to be in their systems. It is also true that such things can cause complications with the tazer but I will refer back to my previous post dealing with BBPs and the dangers they pose in the world today along with the fact of having to control someone who is being unruly.

Here are a few things to read about dangers of pepper spray/mace.
www.commondreams.org...
www.nopepperspray.org... www.ufppc.org...

www.seattleweekly.com...

Raist

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

The problem is that 2 years ago they would have successfully taken command of the situation without the use of a taser, that's the problem.

Yes. Your right. Probably using a baton and pepper spray. While holding him at gunpoint.

But here, they needed 15 tases, when they handled worse situations then this without tasers, that's 15 problems right there to answer ur question.

All the man had to do was get out of the car. He was told he was under arrest. Not getting out of the car is resisting arrest. I believe the action was justified.

Answer me this:

What does a cop do when someone wont get out of the vehicle?

CT

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Yes. Your right.
CT

Excuse me? You have no right to resist arrest.

Or did you mean 'your rights'?

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

I've worked in security, and I discussed this issue of cops tasing people left, right, and center, with my cousin, around the time that kid got tased at the John Kerry event a few months ago. I told him, and I quote myself, "Cops are starting to use tasers as a substitute for talking with and reasoning with people." He agreed with me. Now, I never had anything except a set of handcuffs when I worked security, but I worked in a public hospital and I had 'incidents' where I had to respond almost daily, and I never had to handcuff anybody. If I, who was working as a summer student in the security industry, can deal with insolent, unruly, drunk, stoned, violent, and/or psychiatrically il people, then surely a cop can do a lot better than I can, and not have to resort to 50000 volts in the chest to do their job. Granted, a cop has to deal with far more dangerous and delicate situations than I ever did, and I expect them to need legitimate use of the taser once in awhile, but things are way out of control.

[edit on 2-12-2007 by DragonsDemesne]

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonsDemesne

I’m not sure how long you worked security at the hospital or how long ago it was, but surely you never had to remove someone from a confined space (which I can assume we could both agree that a vehicle falls under that description?) did you?

Again we do not know what occurred before the start of the video to cause the arrest to take place to begin with. Perhaps this man was acting in a threatening manner or maybe he was being very polite. Seeing as how he was refusing to leave the vehicle I will take a wild guess that he was not being polite.

Not that security is does not pose its own dangers but you also must look at the area in which the events take place (I am not sure of the area and it’s average “crime rate” from the video) also one must take into account the environment. I would much rather have a building or the outside of a building to remove someone from than a vehicle simply because of freedom of mobility. When one has a limited mobility it would be hard to use any other means to remove the person other than pepper spray or tazer. Removing someone from a vehicle most certainly is a difficult task if the person is not in the mind to leave willingly. Weapons can be stored easily in a vehicle as well as the danger of them getting the vehicle moving as well. It seems in the video the van may still be running this poses a danger in the means that it could be shifted into gear killing or hurting someone.

As I stated before I am sure there are many bad cops abusing the power given to them, but there are also a great deal more cops that are good whose stories are never told.
I will agree that there have been a number of tazer uses that are not right but this does not appear to be one of those times.
Raist

posted on Dec, 2 2007 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

You have the right to resist arrest if they are violating your rights by placing you under arrest. If they are indeed placing you under arrest for truly breaking the law I guess you could say you have the option to resist arrest though I most certainly would not suggest it.

Our fore fathers thought of just that when they stated you cannot be detained unlawfully.

But we do not see the events that lead up to the police saying you are under arrest so we cannot judge the full story only what we are shown. From what we are shown we see a guy that is told he is under arrest and clearly resisting. By resisting he places himself in the situation to be tazed.
It would be helpful if the full video was available to see so that we can see what this man was doing to get himself placed under arrest to start with. We do not have a full storey we can only see that he appears to be under the influence of something and resistant to the officers.

Raist

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:05 AM
link   

Cops taser unarmed couple FIFTEEN times

Four cops couldn't get these people out of the car
They just had to taser them over 15 times for no specific reason

Only male in the vehicle was tasered. Not both. The specific reason being that he was refusing to leave the vehicle after being told he was under arrest. Textbook resisting arrest. Oh and had they been armed, they would have been shot.

CT

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheoOne

Wow.. talk about violent.

I just watched on the news tonight that a 10 year old boy was tasered by police. After a police chase they just shot him.. then regretted it was a boy.. makes you wonder if they even look before shooting.

After that news story.. all I could honestly do is hang my head. Sad times in America.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:05 AM
link   
I can start from the beginning of the video were they told the wife to get the husband out was wrong.

When they yell at him to get out of the car or he'll get tased and 1 second later tased.

when the cop starts beating the car and breaks the window

tased again

sorry to me this is ABUSE OF POWER

I can't even finish what I want to say because of how much
anger I have built up in side me.

I'll leave it at that.

one word
Wrong

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:08 AM
link   
whats also wrong with this ?
Someone at the police
got the video from the car and sent it up to the net
sorta like WOW look what Joe jim Bob and Me did last night.

posted on Dec, 3 2007 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by EvilBat

Watch the video again. The wife says she can get him out of the car after they (the police) say they are trying to get him out, the police respond with “ok go ahead and do it then” not a perfect choice but at times more convincing to have a known person asking you to get out than an officer.

Your next argument that they just yell at him to get out or be tazed is also somewhat inaccurate. When in fact after the wife cannot get her husband out of the van the police then struggle for several seconds with the man. They then state you will be tazed at which time he does get tazed. We cannot see what is going on in the van so we can only speculate on that.

It could be the cops are holding the man down and taze him for no reason (somewhat doubtful considering he has already resisted arrest at this point) or it could be that he is moving in such a way that could be seen as a threat to the officers. Again weapons and many other things can easily be hidden in a vehicle or clothing. When someone is sitting in a vehicle you cannot see if they have a hidden weapon or not. Any movement that could be considered a threat to one of the officers would be a reason for a quick trigger finger on their part.

Just hundredths of a second before they fire the tazer and they tell him they will you can tell that a large struggle is just beginning to breakout. This could be they thought he was going for a weapon or just that he is further resisting arrest.

I did not notice the window breaking (I will watch again to look for this) but if they broke out the window it would simply be to allow more room in a confined space which is a very logical thing to do. It must be somewhat difficult to remove a person from a confined space if they are not of the mind to leave said space.

Again multiple hits with a tazer could be simply resistance to its effect due to body mass, or chemicals in ones blood stream.

Raist

(Edited to add)
I see they broke the window but the back door had to be opened seeing as it must have been locked this would be the only way to reach the lock. Again nothing more than a way to give more room in a confined space.

[edit on 12/3/07 by Raist]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join